Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dave1982 wrote: »
    Didn't UFC have some deal with them as well, some special event the night the night Anderson fought Maia

That was the Emir of Dubai. They own 10% of the UFC since then.

Jakes Shields face after the fight

https://instagram.com/p/543ytYLjz-/

Anyone know what happened in the end with the Diaz brothers with that scuffle at WSOF? Were they arrested or was it just click bait, I saw the video but its hard to make anything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mellor wrote: »

Worst part was that his eye shadow didn't even match his after party suit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone know what happened in the end with the Diaz brothers with that scuffle at WSOF?

Love this photo.

https://twitter.com/RXRashed/status/627854720107851776/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What's so good about it? What am I missing??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What's so good about it? What am I missing??
    In the background is Nate Diaz, middle finger out photo-bombing. Not sure how close this was taken to the cageside brawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like he went 12 rounds with Jon Jones.

That is hilarious haha. Why is there such bad blood between the two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Is there bad blood?

I'd say Diaz brother's are just mental

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Apparently Khabib is a 'b1tch ass punk ass mark ass b1tch! He might have also been selling wolf tickets. Look up tommy toe hold diaz brothers for a full biography.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Apparently Khabib is a 'b1tch ass punk ass mark ass b1tch! He might have also been selling wolf tickets. Look up tommy toe hold diaz brothers for a full biography.

Stockton Motha ****a! Stockton! wut b1tch! :P

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I have watched diaz brothers for years and am fully aware they are a bit 'loose'. They are two of my favourite fighters though from a purely entertainment sense. I think they could have both been champions if they were a little more relaxed, then again they both have the best cardio in the ufc.

edit: I know it wont happen but id love to see Nick v Lawler.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I have watched diaz brothers for years and am fully aware they are a bit 'loose'. They are two of my favourite fighters though from a purely entertainment sense. I think they could have both been champions if they were a little more relaxed, then again they both have the best cardio in the ufc.

edit: I know it wont happen but id love to see Nick v Lawler.

Nick V Robbie II is a dream matchup, but you're probably right it won't happen any time soon unless Robbie cleans out the division. If he was to say fight and beat Condit, Woodley and Hendricks again there wouldn't really be anyone else left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

weemcd wrote: »
    it won't happen any time soon unless Robbie cleans out the division.

I'd be more inclined to say it won't happen unless Robbie loses a few. I know the UFC has form for giving undeserved title shots, but if Robbie wins the fights you mentioned he'd be a dominant champ with a 7 fight win streak.

I can't see Nick fighting anyone of note soon so after the 12-18 months needed for Robbie to win those fights, Diaz would have been inactive for about 2 years, on a 3 fight losing streak and coming off a drugs bust. Not even the mighty mouth Nick Diaz could talk his way into a title fight with those credentials.

Only way it happens IMO is if Robbie loses against Condit and loses against another contender.

weemcd wrote: »
    Nick V Robbie II is a dream matchup, but you're probably right it won't happen any time soon unless Robbie cleans out the division. If he was to say fight and beat Condit, Woodley and Hendricks again there wouldn't really be anyone else left.

I don't think Robbie will beat Hendricks anyway so maybe then he can fight diaz :D

I know Nick and Nate have done stuff in the past but after nate saying the word n1gga and fagg0t the other night he might be in for a suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

I know it's not UFC related but couldn't find a thread to discuss local shows/fighters...is anyone going to cage kings this Saturday? Mix of k1, muai Thai and mma...I know a few lads competing so hopefully will be a good event with plenty of support!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

johnpro wrote: »
    I know it's not UFC related but couldn't find a thread to discuss local shows/fighters...is anyone going to cage kings this Saturday? Mix of k1, muai Thai and mma...I know a few lads competing so hopefully will be a good event with plenty of support!

Cool when and where.... And how much lol might go myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Couple fellas from Rush right academy going in this.
    Pro WW- Ciaran Daly (Trials) vs. Charlie Ward (SBG)
    Pro WW- Paul Lawrence (Rush FA) vs. Alex Masuku (Impetus)
    Pro LHW- Darragh Kennedy (Kokoro) vs. Zbigniew Hormański (Fantom)
    Pro WW- Thomas Hogan (Rush FA) vs. Will Fluery (Trials)
    AM FW- Jeananderson Castro (Swords FC) vs. Brynjólfur Ingvarsson (Iceland)
    AM FW- Nikolay Grozde (SBG) vs. Pawel Politylo (Impetus)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Cool when and where.... And how much lol might go myself

I'll see can I get the poster but it's definitely on Facebook ticket are roughly €25-€35 but I'm open to correction on that

Yeah I'm heading to support Paul, who looked great in his pro debut and tommy who's making his pro debut. Daly and ward should be a good scrap and my mates brother Keith is fighting muai Thai...I haven't a clue about the muai Thai scene in Ireland but a lot of people seem to be excited about that one!

Between battlezone, this and then bamma it's good to see the pro scene picking up abit there's a lot of talented guys making the step up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

The number of UFC fighters
    Welter 113
    Light 111
    Feather 69
    Middle 68
    Bantam 58
    Fly 36
    Heavy 35
    Light Heavy 34

Just read these numbers shocked how little fighters are in the light heavy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

but1er wrote: »
    The number of UFC fighters
    Welter 113
    Light 111
    Feather 69
    Middle 68
    Bantam 58
    Fly 36
    Heavy 35
    Light Heavy 34

Just read these numbers shocked how little fighters are in the light heavy

probably the average age too!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

probably the average age too!

Average age of all their children maybe! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Could an argument be made for more weight classes to even up that number in some areas or even in general?
    Say 265; 235; 205; 195; 185; move 170 to 175 and so on and so on or something similar?
    Obviously I would hate mma to go the way of boxing with multiple champions in a weight class but I personally would love to see a few more weight classes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

jjdonegal wrote: »
    Could an argument be made for more weight classes to even up that number in some areas or even in general?
    Say 265; 235; 205; 195; 185; move 170 to 175 and so on and so on or something similar?
    Obviously I would hate mma to go the way of boxing with multiple champions in a weight class but I personally would love to see a few more weight classes!

no, heavy weight has 35 fighters and you want to split it into 2?? ffs

no, heavy weight has 35 fighters and you want to split it into 2?? ffs

No I'm saying in general. That one cud be left alone for the reason you say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

jjdonegal wrote: »
    No I'm saying in general. That one cud be left alone for the reason you say

The weight classes are grand as they are

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

johnpro wrote: »

At a wedding unfortunately. Local lad from Ashbourne (Aaron Brown) defending his belt on the night.

Best of luck to anyone fighting on it. Looks a cracking card.

• Advertisement

The weight classes are grand as they are

Yeah I'm sure most would agree.
    Obviously I'm from a boxing background so I've grown up with numerous weight classes. To give one example I feel the 20lbs jump between 185 and 205 is one that could be split and maybe a look at the 15 splits between 170/185 and 155/170.
    Read a great article proposing 195 a few years back and it's one I'd defo support.
    I would love to see more chances for guys to emulate Penn/Couture and become multiple weight champions as well as the potential of more big title match ups and contender eliminators but each to their own and I'm sure most would agree with your viewpoint.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement