Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

If you thought Cat Zingano was dumb as hell for charging a judoka with a flying knee then this surely cements the fact she has lead for brains and wouldn't fare much better in a rematch.
    She kept saying things like that so I said, ‘OK, let’s do this.’ What better way to put on an epic fight than a flying knee? I expected us to continue to fight. I didn’t realize we were going to do a jiu-jitsu match where I’m flying at her and all of a sudden she’s going for my arm again. I guess that’s one disappointment I had. If I had known she was going to be going for my arms, I would have gone about it differently. I agreed to her kind of fight instead of my kind of fight, and that won’t happen again.

http://www.cagepotato.com/wtf-quote-of-the-day-cat-zingano-didnt-expect-that-ronda-rousey-would-go-for-her-arm-at-ufc-184/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Davei141 wrote: »
    If you thought Cat Zingano was dumb as hell for charging a judoka with a flying knee then this surely cements the fact she has lead for brains and wouldn't fare much better in a rematch.

http://www.cagepotato.com/wtf-quote-of-the-day-cat-zingano-didnt-expect-that-ronda-rousey-would-go-for-her-arm-at-ufc-184/

She's right. How could have she known that Ronda would go for the arm?

*insert highlight reel here*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

"If I had known she was going to be going for my arms" - Oh dear.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

She'd armbarred opponents in 8 of her 10 fights before Zingano lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Saipanne wrote: »
    She's right. How could have she known that Ronda would go for the arm?

*insert highlight reel here*

Lol my dead granny knows Ronda ears arms for breakfast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Seems like a bad attempt to get Rhonda to agree to a rematch

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Seems like a bad attempt to get Rhonda to agree to a rematch

She'll be waiting a while for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Hendricks vs Woodley announced for 192.

Hendricks via a boring decision. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,326 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CatFromHue wrote: »
    She'd armbarred opponents in 8 of her 10 fights before Zingano lol
    I actually forgot it was only 8/10 for a second.
    Hendricks vs Woodley announced for 192.

Hendricks via a boring decision. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Title eliminator?
    Timing makes sense seeing as they'll probably announce Lawlor v Conduit for 193 very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Kampmann who essentially replaced Ludwig at Alpha Male has now stepped down.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Kampmann who essentially replaced Ludwig at Alpha Male has now stepped down.

They could really do with an experienced coach at that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Mendes was only gettin the digs in at Ludwig the other day too, seems to me the egos at TAM might be hard to control

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/4/9097479/chad-mendes-tired-of-hearing-about-duane-ludwig-we-made-duane

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Mendes was only gettin the digs in at Ludwig the other day too, seems to me the egos at TAM might be hard to control

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/4/9097479/chad-mendes-tired-of-hearing-about-duane-ludwig-we-made-duane

You forget about Ludwig slagging off TAM a few weeks ago? What do you expect Mendes to say after the stuff Ludwig was saying about him and his team mates.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/23/9020101/duane-ludwig-tj-dillashaw-team-alpha-male-ufc-mma

Mellor wrote: »
    I actually forgot it was only 8/10 for a second.

Title eliminator?
    Timing makes sense seeing as they'll probably announce Lawlor v Conduit for 193 very soon

That didn't take long.
    Confirmed for Melbourne in November

Mellor wrote: »
    That didn't take long.
    Confirmed for Melbourne in November

I'd just mash lawlors face as hard as I could to try and re open that lip for a stoppage...I know easier said than done

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I'd just mash lawlors face as hard as I could to try and re open that lip for a stoppage...I know easier said than done

Unless his lip is bleeding up into his eye they're not gonna stop it for that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Unless his lip is bleeding up into his eye they're not gonna stop it for that

Not necessarily.

If a cut is bad enough it can be stopped.

Remember the girl whose cauliflower ear burst a while back? Her ear was hanging in a lump and they stopped the fight.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Not necessarily.

If a cut is bad enough it can be stopped.

Remember the girl whose cauliflower ear burst a while back? Her ear was hanging in a lump and they stopped the fight.

To be fair I know as champion he'd get benefit of doubt but it's a viable target I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 29,833 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Overeem posted this. Probably hella fake as it says mock main card but would be an unreal main card!

3PhqH3x.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Overeem posted this. Probably hella fake as it says mock main card but would be an unreal main card!

3PhqH3x.png

It's about as real as Katie Price's tits I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Seen benevidez trying to get a match up against cejudo. Now that would be an entertaining fight in my most humble of opinions.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Looks like a mock main card made up my Fox or ESPN or whoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It was somewhat believable until I saw Dominick Cruz.

That man is a professional hospital patient who happens to be excellent at MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

martyos121 wrote: »
    It was somewhat believable until I saw Dominick Cruz.

That man is a professional hospital patient who happens to be excellent at MMA.

Heard he's good pals with Diaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Just found out John Michael Sheil is fighting tomorrow. Hadn't heard his name in ages. Anyone know why he was out for so long? All I could find out was he pulled from a fight due to injury in 2012

Ross Pearson v Paul Felder for UFC 191 apparently.

Ross is one of my favourite fighters being from my hometown, but I hate this fight for him on a few weeks notice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

191 is a seeeerious card!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That 191 card is well and truly stacked, but that's probably because DJ as a headliner doesn't draw well at all, so they needed a quality supporting cast.

DJ is a top 3 P4P fighter, but he is a black hole of charisma and does absolutely nothing to promote his fights, so to have him on a weak card would be awful business. Just look at UFC 186's pathetic buyrate, and the arena didn't even sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TheJollyRoger

Paully D wrote: »
    Ross Pearson v Paul Felder for UFC 191 apparently.

Ross is one of my favourite fighters being from my hometown, but I hate this fight for him on a few weeks notice :(

My money is on Felder, he will be desperate to come back strong after narrowly losing to Edson Barboza.

• Advertisement

My money is on Felder, he will be desperate to come back strong after narrowly losing to Edson Barboza.

Yeah, I think Ross gets KO'd here unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement