Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

There is something incredibly crooked about a DIAZ brother calling someone ELSE a pothead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Monokne wrote: »
    There is something incredibly crooked about a DIAZ brother calling someone ELSE a pothead.

Sorry, when I said "Nate" it was in reply to someone who said they thought BJ would end up fighting Nate Marquart

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Little Nog vs Tito Ortiz confirmed for UFC 140.

Belfort vs Cung Le at 139?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

DrPhilG wrote: »

apparently confirmed by Belfort on his website.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ush1 wrote: »
    Diaz and BJ will still need to be at the press conference closer to the fight though yeah?
    Yeah, the prefight and the post fight, part of his booking to fight BJ is a guarantee that he'll show up here
    Monokne wrote: »
    Granted, it's not much of a punishment, but Diaz' deal apparently had PPV points in there, which he won't get now that he's out of the main event, so you're probably looking at this costing him 7 figures.
    There's no reason tht he can't get ppv buy-ins because he is in a co-main. he might of lost some of the deal, but i doubt it was all of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Sorry, when I said "Nate" it was in reply to someone who said they thought BJ would end up fighting Nate Marquart

Ah, now that makes a LOT more sense :-) My bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

That Cung Le / Belfort could main event a card. Going to be a brilliant fight

Cung Le v Belfort, that's mental!

The question was always being asked, how would Cung Le do against the best in the UFC. We'll now find out.

He won't stand up to the top guys IMO. No way!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Cung Le v Belfort, that's mental!

The question was always being asked, how would Cung Le do against the best in the UFC. We'll now find out.

He won't stand up to the top guys IMO. No way!

Le is getting smashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Anyone have any links for Strikeforce tonight? Myp2p is down and that where I normally get my streams.

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anyone have any links for Strikeforce tonight? Myp2p is down and that where I normally get my streams.

S.

Wait till it kicks off, pointless posting links now as you won't be sure they're working

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

S.

mmahacks.com will have links to several.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Lorenzo Fertitta just tweeted this
    ERP_6174_normal.jpg
    @lorenzofertittaLorenzo Fertitta
    Who wants to see the #UFC in #Milan?

9 minutes agovia Twitter for iPhone

Possibly the 1st UFC of 2012??

Also Jon Fitch confirmed for UFC141 against Johnny Hendricks
    After trying unsuccessfuly to lobby for a fight against BJ Penn or Nick Diaz last week, Jon Fitch finally has his next date to enter the octagon.

The UFC welterweight contender will return to action for the first time since February when he takes on Johny Hendricks at UFC 141 on December 30.

The UFC confirmed to MMA Fighting that verbal agreements are in place for the bout, which was first reported by ESPN.

Fitch (23-3-1, 1 no contest) last fought Penn at UFC 127 and the two went to a three-round draw. Afterward, they were expected to face off in a UFC 132 rematch, but a shoulder injury derailed Fitch, and he's been rehabbing ever since.

The draw was the first time Fitch hadn't won since a UFC 87 championship fight loss to Georges St-Pierre. Since joining the UFC, Fitch is 13-1-1.

Hendricks (11-1) is coming off back-to-back wins over Mike Pierce and TJ Waldburger. He's won six of his seven UFC bouts.

UFC 141 is set for the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and will feature a main event pitting former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar against newly signed former Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/09/12/jon-fitch-vs-johny-hendricks-agreed-to-for-ufc-141/

Strange, didn't realise that Italy was a hub of MMA.

IMO they should be doing more to appease the UK/Irish market

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Seemed to be a fairly poor response to the tweet judging by reading the replies. But I imagine it's not gonna make a difference.

Jaysus, who are they gonna have headlining? Allesio Sakara?

Verses the other italian guy who lost in Dublin

Mellor wrote: »
    Verses the other italian guy who lost in Dublin

Oh yeah, Serati, forgot about him!

What a Main-Event that'd be!

scudzilla wrote: »
    IMO they should be doing more to appease the UK/Irish market

Except they have absolutely no reason to. I have to admit, even with the crappy card I would probably go to 138 if I could afford it.

I'm just clinging to hope that the 138 event ends up with a half empty arena. Empty seats are the only reason that the UFC will make more of an effort with future events.

The hardcore MMA fans know that this is a sham of a card and we are being screwed. The casual fan who doesn't follow the sport as closely but has enough of an interest to buy a ticket when the UFC hits town will still go to the fights.

• Advertisement

Except they have absolutely no reason to. I have to admit, even with the crappy card I would probably go to 138 if I could afford it.

I'm just clinging to hope that the 138 event ends up with a half empty arena. Empty seats are the only reason that the UFC will make more of an effort with future events.

The hardcore MMA fans know that this is a sham of a card and we are being screwed. The casual fan who doesn't follow the sport as closely but has enough of an interest to buy a ticket when the UFC hits town will still go to the fights.

Not likely, UFC announced only a few hours after the tickets went on sale that they had already sold 60% of them

Not likely, UFC announced only a few hours after the tickets went on sale that they had already sold 60% of them

I know, like I say I'm just living in hope...

Never know though, a lot of the cheapo tickets probably went to touts. I mean compared to 93 in Dublin, 129 in Toronto, 134 in Brazil etc. They are getting used to seeing events outside the US selling out in a flash because people are so grateful for events (although 129,134 were epic cards) so it would be nice to see an event sell very badly for a change.

I know, like I say I'm just living in hope...

Never know though, a lot of the cheapo tickets probably went to touts. I mean compared to 93 in Dublin, 129 in Toronto, 134 in Brazil etc. They are getting used to seeing events outside the US selling out in a flash because people are so grateful for events (although 129,134 were epic cards) so it would be nice to see an event sell very badly for a change.

Maybe i'm being too cynical here but I think Zuffa would love a UK event to have poor ticket sales, then they'd have the excuse they need....."We won't be coming to the UK as often as we like as poor ticket sales make it commercially unviable"

scudzilla wrote: »
    Maybe i'm being too cynical here but I think Zuffa would love a UK event to have poor ticket sales, then they'd have the excuse they need....."We won't be coming to the UK as often as we like as poor ticket sales make it commercially unviable"

I don't think even Zuffa are stupid enough to think that we're stupid enough to believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I don't think even Zuffa are stupid enough to think that we're stupid enough to believe that.

Its so stupid its genius :eek:
    .............wait

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Shogun V Hendo to headline 139

I like that match up a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

this should be class, very excited, 2 of my favourite fighters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Every now and again the UFC do deliver great fights.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement