Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Tinie wrote: »

Jokes on those guys. That instructor never mentions the word belt in his website

• Registered Users Posts: 39,326 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Jokes on those guys. That instructor never mentions the word belt in his website
    What? He clearly does.
    Jay has been training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for over 17 years. He is currently a Black Belt recognized by the IBJJF. He began his training at Gracie Academy in Brazil when he was 22 and continued his training there for 10 years until he began training at GF Team for the next 7 until one day he had a plan. On that day he decided to fly to America and planned to open a school. It wasn’t until about 2 months from today that he finally was able to open a school of his own in the town of Marlboro NY.

here's the website cavhe

Mellor wrote: »
    What? He clearly does.

here's the website cavhe

'Twas a joke Mellor.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    'Twas a joke Mellor.

Ah man, I've has too many beers to be picking up on jokes at this time of the day. Apologies

Mellor wrote: »
    Ah man, I've has too many beers to be picking up on jokes at this time of the day. Apologies

You shouldn't be drinking at 1 o clock in the day :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Good thing hes in Australia then where its night time.

Axwell wrote: »
    Good thing hes in Australia then where its night time.

I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

http://i.imgur.com/NX38z65.png

Anthony Johnson's borderline psychotic rant about some girl in the gym. He really did nothing to dispel the image of him being a woman beater...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

dulux99 wrote: »

Anthony Johnson's borderline psychotic rant about some girl in the gym. He really did nothing to dispel the image of him being a woman beater...

Ah lads what an utter piece of **** that kunt is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does he have rocks for brains or something

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The woman was in the wrong, but he handled it like a geebag. No need to go throwing her things around, he could've just asked her to do her stretches in the appropriate area (weight section is anything but appropriate for such). He has serious anger problems around women, hope he doesn't do something that will get him suspended again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lawlor vs Condit and Hunt vs Bigfoot 2 confirmed for Melbourne

Don't know how UFC are getting away with billing this as Hunt vs Silva 2 when technically the first one was deemed a NC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I must be the only one who does not care about the daft old bint, what was she at doing stretches in the lifting area, and apparently got lippy when asked to move.

Must be annoying for pro athletes to have these losers get in their way, she's lucky all she got was a social media post.

Some people bring things on themselves and this old crone is one of these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I must be the only one who does not care about the daft old bint, what was she at doing stretches in the lifting area, and apparently got lippy when asked to move.

Must be annoying for pro athletes to have these losers get in their way, she's lucky all she got was a social media post.

Some people bring things on themselves and this old crone is one of these people.

Add to Ignore list

JJayoo wrote: »
    Add to Ignore list

Good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Is that you Rumble?

Is that you Rumble?

I honest to God don't see what he did wrong, it's not like he beat her with a dumbell or something, he threw away her yoga mat..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I honest to God don't see what he did wrong, it's not like he beat her with a dumbell or something, he threw away her yoga mat..

Whatever happened in the gym is one thing but to go on Facebook and then threaten the girl is a complete different, and mental, thing.

I think there's a nick name for that type of rage

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Whatever happened in the gym is one thing but to go on Facebook and then threaten the girl is a complete different, and mental, thing.

I think there's a nick name for that type of rage

Meh still think it's a storm I'm a tea cup and think Rumble was dead right, but I suppose different opinions make the world go round and all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Both parties are in the wrong - she shouldnt have been stretching and doing yoga where she was and by the sounds of it went off on her own ott rant in the gym. He shouldn't be on facebook acting like he is and could have dealt with it better in the gym. If it was someone else and they had no history I dont think people would be as up in arms without knowing exactly what both parties said and did, but the fact remains its Rumble and he has a history and this sort of publicity is the last thing he needs, any benefit of the doubt went out the window ages ago. It only fuels previous allegations and leaves the UFC in a situation where they have a liability on their hands that they need to get in line asap. Otherwise they risk being seen as ok with Rumble posting stuff like this and it makes it harder and harder for them to draw the line at some stage down the line when allegations become more than that or there is another similar incident.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Lawlor vs Condit and Hunt vs Bigfoot 2 confirmed for Melbourne

Don't know how UFC are getting away with billing this as Hunt vs Silva 2 when technically the first one was deemed a NC

Because its the second time they are fighting :confused:

Venue was also confirmed as Etihad Stadium. 55,000 capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Thought Pendred came across very well on the MMA Hour re CM Punk. Like how he has no problem admitting his boxing has been crap and takes the piss out of himself about it. Seems like a genuine good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Uriah Hall fights Mousassi in Japan now as the Moose's opponent (who i never heard of before) dropped out. Much better fight, it was a waste having a legend in Japan fighting nobody. Huge step up in competition for Hall. There should be some tasty striking exchanges in this one as long as Uriah shows up.

Really looking forward to this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

If it was anyone else I don't think it really would have mattered, but this is a guy who has long standing allegations of beating women, which here veheremently denies. So when you see a weird rant like that, for the public to see, on social media, it doesn't do great things for his image

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Rumble has since apologised. I'd say either Dana or his manager got straight on the phone and told him to wind his neck in!

No doubt its his own management and legal team, same with it coming down off his facebook after he posted it. Trying to avoid any backlash from the UFC and their code of conduct policy that might affect his fight with Manuwa in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

dulux99 wrote: »

Never liked him for some reason, clearly a scumbag.
    Meh still think it's a storm I'm a tea cup and think Rumble was dead right, but I suppose different opinions make the world go round and all

You don't think a giant intimidating Cage fighter going over and throwing a woman's stuff away and then ranting and threatening her on social media is wrong.

It's not an opinion, if you think he was right you must have as little rearing as he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

mdwexford wrote: »
    Never liked him for some reason, clearly a scumbag.
    So he's guilty until proven innocent then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

So he's guilty until proven innocent then.

Why, is there a trial for the incident quoted above?

Any man who treats and talks to a woman like that for simply being in the wrong part of the gym seems pretty scummy to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement