Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Ridiculous, nearly as bad as Correia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone think there would be a chance of Tate vs Cyborg as co-main?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

xtal191 wrote: »
    Anyone think there would be a chance of Tate vs Cyborg as co-main?

Was just about to post this. I reckon that's exactly what's happened here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I better warn the other half. Looks like she has as good a chance as any to fight Ronda after Holms

The hype behind this will be sickening as well, they'll big up Holm as a boxing world champ even though it'll mean nothing. Once Ronda gets inside its gonna be a judo trip and an armbar inside 2 mins. I'd love Holm to catch her though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Why bill Tate v Eye as a contender fight then? This surely can only mean Cyborg v Tate, Then Rousey Cyborg UFC200.

Holm is nowhere near ready, but I think she'll be able to take Ronda a round atleast. Greg Jackson will devise a plan for her (and avoid the clinch at all costs). She's probably Ronda's worst styles matchup in the division in fairness. 2 fights too soon for her though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Hoki wrote: »
    Had to take issue with this post . Moussassi was due to fight Roan 'Jucao ' Carneiro who is far from a nobody . Hes had 6 fights in the Ufc going back to 2007 . He returned this year where he choked out Mark Munoz early in the first round. That fight would have been just as competitive as the fight with Hall.

Take issue with it all you want, you are talking complete shíte. Moussassi needed a bigger name in Japan than a guy who has fought once in the big show since 2008, with a 3-3 record in the ufc and who's last win was against the ghost of Mark Munoz.

Last hour news broke

Joanna Champion v Claudia Gadelha on the Rousey/Holm card
    Khabib v Tony Ferguson on the TUF Finale, NOT the main event (Likely to be Faber I'd say)

Looks like the TUF card is getting hit too in Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭xtal191

Jedrzejczyk vs Gadelha is a hell of a lot better than Rousey vs Holm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Pointless fight. Holm has looked as far from convincing as possible in her two ufc bouts. Would much rather see Tate give it another go, for varying reasons. Ronda within a minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Holm is nowhere near ready, but I think she'll be able to take Ronda a round at least. Greg Jackson will devise a plan for her (and avoid the clinch at all costs). She's probably Ronda's worst styles matchup in the division in fairness. 2 fights too soon for her though

Not a hope.

Ronda will take her down quickly and easily and make her tap.

It'll be Couture vs Toney all over again, but quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This surely can only mean Cyborg v Tate, Then Rousey Cyborg UFC200.

Just me that thinks Tate has a very good chance of beating Cyborg (if it's at 135)? I could certainly see her grinding out a decision.

Not a hope.

Ronda will take her down quickly and easily and make her tap.

It'll be Couture vs Toney all over again, but quicker.

Holm looks to be the only woman's fighter with a good sense of distance. She won't be afraid to back away from Ronda all fight. If she circles away she can avoid the clinch, if Ronda goes for a takedown she has shown a decent sprawl.

I also think Ronda might try and hang with her on the feet to prove a point too. She'll eventually beat her, but Holm can be evasive early on.

Paully D wrote: »
    Just me that thinks Tate has a very good chance of beating Cyborg (if it's at 135)? I could certainly see her grinding out a decision.

Dana has said since that he likes Tate v Nunes. Cyborg fight not likely at UFC 200 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

I also think Holm will do ok, well last more than a minute :D

She gets low and uses the jab well, if she stays light and on the outside, she won't get destroy in the blink of an eye, but in all likeliness it's Ronda with the W.

Maybe Holm will throw the head kick and get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I also think Holm will do ok, well last more than a minute :D

She gets low and uses the jab well, if she stays light and on the outside, she won't get destroy in the blink of an eye, but in all likeliness it's Ronda with the W.

Maybe Holm will throw the head kick and get lucky.

Holm has looked terrible for a woman of her caliber, she won't last long at all, shocking match up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Dont know where to ask this?

Does anyone believe performance drugs are been used in the ufc?

Seen a documentary about them saying they are rampant in all sports and are near impossible to detect.

Just got me thinking.

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Weight_Class/Women_Bantamweight

Why isn't Meisha even in the rankings anymore?

edit: Stupid me there she is I was on wrong page.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Dont know where to ask this?

Does anyone believe performance drugs are been used in the ufc?

Seen a documentary about them saying they are rampant in all sports and are near impossible to detect.

Just got me thinking.

There not near impossible to detect, far from it. There just not tested for enough in sports e.g football.

Does anybody think Gustaffason has a shot against DC at 192?

I think Alex has a huge chance. DC is alot smaller, Gus has good takedown defence and Gus striking is much better then DCs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Does anybody think Gustaffason has a shot against DC at 192?

I think Alex has a huge chance. DC is alot smaller, Gus has good takedown defence and Gus striking is much better then DCs.

I think people's opinion of Gus is based on just his fight with Jones and not his overall record and performances.

IMO he has no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gus absolutely has a chance IMO. Cormier decision would be my prediction right now, but I actually think there's a bit of value in Gustafsson at 11/4.

JJayoo wrote: »
    I think people's opinion of Gus is based on just his fight with Jones and not his overall record and performances.

IMO he has no chance

I'm not, I'm basing this on his many other impressive performances that he's had in the UFC in the 6 years he's been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I'm not, I'm basing this on his many other impressive performances that he's had in the UFC in the 6 years he's been there.

:confused:
    You asked for people's opinions and I give mine and the reasoning behind it.

JJayoo wrote: »
    :confused:
    You asked for people's opinions and I give mine and the reasoning behind it.

I as referring to you saying that people base their opinions on Gus on the Jones fights, where there are plenty more fights he shows his skills

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Last hour news broke

Joanna Champion v Claudia Gadelha on the Rousey/Holm card
    Khabib v Tony Ferguson on the TUF Finale, NOT the main event (Likely to be Faber I'd say)

Looks like the TUF card is getting hit too in Vegas.

read khabibs camp asked for only a three round fight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone think that they'll make the entire card for Rousey/Holm an all female card? Already have two female bouts on it.
    Probably wouldn't happen but I saw someone suggest it online and the thought intrigued me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Anyone think that they'll make the entire card for Rousey/Holm an all female card? Already have two female bouts on it.
    Probably wouldn't happen but I saw someone suggest it online and the thought intrigued me.

They could throw anything on it coz of Ronda headlining but don't think so tbh don't see what segregating WMMA to the one PPV in the UFC achieves apart from being seemingly a once off PR stunt.

Gus has a good chance. Don't let his last fight fool you, Rumble has the power to ko anyone in R1 including DC who he nearly stopped in the first exchange. Gus has great boxing, movement, wrestling and he's a tough nutter. He won't cause the same problems AJ did for DC early on but over 5 rounds he's a bigger task no question.

• Advertisement

After having a few hours to sleep on it I still cant believe Rousey Holm is actually happening.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement