Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,326 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Robbie inured and out of the condit fight. Ronda holm moved to ufc melbourne.

Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Robbie inured and out of the condit fight. Ronda holm moved to ufc melbourne.

A 30 second headliner. Yay?

Saipanne wrote: »
    A 30 second headliner. Yay?

I think she was probably headlining the other card too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The UFC's plan for 195 has fallen apart already.

Rousey/Holm was obviously moved to UFC 193, but now Gadelha has torn a ligament in her middle finger and is likely to be out of the fight with Jedrzejczyk. Apparently Letourneau was offered the fight at UFC 193 in order to keep Joanna as co-main to Ronda, but turned it down as she wouldn't be ready in time.

A bit of juggling needed now for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Guess is Mighty Mouse is surely back in biz at 195 now regardless of what happens at 191 other than injury of course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Guess is Mighty Mouse is surely back in biz at 195 now regardless of what happens at 191 other than injury of course

Or hopefully Dillashaw Cruz

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

RFQGLkZ.0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Big Nog retires from mma tonight, delighted for him i didn't want to see himself end up like a vegetable with the shots he was taking.

In other less nice news Leban has been jailed for 120 days with three years probation, along with having to do a 52 week domestic violence class and having to stay away from his ex wife for 10 years, the poor guy has some massive issues hopefully this gets him the help he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

Bas Rutten said Fedor has signed with the UFC, please be true!!

https://www.facebook.com/BasRutten/posts/909765885760444

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

xtal191 wrote: »

Jeans when I half read your post I thought you said bas was fighting fedor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

xtal191 wrote: »

he was unfortunately already past his best last time he joined the UFC, so now he's been retired a good few years, is the UFC opening a senior section similar to bellator's? or are they just stopping him from signing with bellator out of spite?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

he was unfortunately already past his best last time he joined the UFC, so now he's been retired a good few years, is the UFC opening a senior section similar to bellator's? or are they just stopping him from signing with bellator out of spite?

Whether he's past his best or not (it's pretty clear he is though), it's a huge acquisition for the UFC and it would be very intriguing to see what kind of numbers he can draw. It's definitely what the fans want, so whether or not he can perform at a high level, his first PPV card will sell like hot cakes.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Whether he's past his best or not (it's pretty clear he is though), it's a huge acquisition for the UFC and it would be very intriguing to see what kind of numbers he can draw. It's definitely what the fans want, so whether or not he can perform at a high level, his first PPV card will sell like hot cakes.

I'm just not a fan of unretiring these guys. I understand that they still draw in the numbers, and Bellator has proven that with ortiz, bonnar, shamrock etc. but my god it's painful to watch.

I personally think these exhibition fights are pointless, and the UFC getting involved is pretty pathetic as they are doing it just to piss in the bellator pot.

I'm just not a fan of unretiring these guys. I understand that they still draw in the numbers, and Bellator has proven that with ortiz, bonnar, shamrock etc. but my god it's painful to watch.

I personally think these exhibition fights are pointless, and the UFC getting involved is pretty pathetic as they are doing it just to piss in the bellator pot.
    shamrock was 50 and over the hill, I really didn't want to see him fight again at his age.
    Fedor is 38, not the oldest fighter on the roster, and not much older than Werdum.
    He hung up the gloves earlier imo, granted this isn't an ideal path to this point. I don't think he's definitely past it. But won't know for sure until it happens.

Mellor wrote: »
    shamrock was 50 and over the hill, I really didn't want to see him fight again at his age.
    Fedor is 38, not the oldest fighter on the roster, and not much older than Werdum.
    He hung up the gloves earlier imo, granted this isn't an ideal path to this point. I don't think he's definitely past it. But won't know for sure until it happens.

I really don't mean past it as in Shamrock/Slice (that was truly horrible to watch) .

I mean they are no longer active in the sport at a competitive level and hoping to climb the rankings to get a title shot. They are doing this purely as a money spinning exhibition match (or 2).

I have faith that he could earn a legit tyke shot at 205

I have faith that he could earn a legit tyke shot at 205

is it confirmed he'd fight at 205? strange decision if so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Don't know but I think fedors ship has sailed, he's been submitted and ko'd in has last few fights, imo werdum is 10 times better than where he was when he subbed fedor. This should have happened 5-6 years ago. Think people will still pay to see him though.

Has he got new management

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've seen some pictures of him lately and he's been hitting the weights! No way he makes 205 any time soon form the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

What does he weigh these days?

• Advertisement

is it confirmed he'd fight at 205? strange decision if so
    Nothing confirmed yet afaik.

He probably won't, but he should imo. He was undersized as a HW, and always looked a little soft. A soft 230 makes 205 easily.
    But maybe its too late at this point.
    valor wrote: »
    What does he weigh these days?
    I had assume he was still 230-ish.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    I've seen some pictures of him lately and he's been hitting the weights! No way he makes 205 any time soon form the looks of things.

Really?
    A mate of mine met him as a sambo comp in japan, he looked normal enough in the pics, even smaller. Although that was a while ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Really?
    A mate of mine met him as a sambo comp in japan, he looked normal enough in the pics, even smaller. Although that was a while ago now.

Yeah, saw a pic of him about 3 weeks ago and he looks pretty big.

Here's the pic:

361035.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

John_D80 wrote: »
    Alll due respect to Rousey and Schaubs lady friend, but they both look like bag-ladies next to Travis Browne's wife.

Jesus. That's no lie. She's an absolute bebo stunnah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

more rumble drama, now its been found out he has a kennel that chops puppies ears:

BG8d5bR.jpg

https://www.change.org/p/ufc-dana-white-release-anthony-johnson-for-abusing-dogs

Hes on very thin ice, id be worried if I was him if this gets more attention after the other stuff hes been involved in recently.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, saw a pic of him about 3 weeks ago and he looks pretty big.

Yeah, looks like he's been hitting the Stroganoff hard there.
    For reference (and proof that I wasn't spouting nonsense), here's my friend with him last year. My mate was competing in the 82kg (180lbs) division that weekend, same day weigh-in was walking around not too far north of 82.

YotGTUB.jpg

Tinie wrote: »
    more rumble drama, now its been found out he has a kennel that chops puppies ears:

Hes on very thin ice, id be worried if I was him if this gets more attention after the other stuff hes been involved in recently.

Ear cropping is pretty common in lots of breeds. It's happened for 100s of years, and in many cases often people think thats how the breed actually looks.

Many people disagree with it, and its now banned in a lot of places. But the fact its, it's not illegal in america. In those breeds, its still the norm afaik.

4612353041.jpg
    ZnnxEyF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Ear cropping is pretty common in lots of breeds. It's happened for 100s of years, and in many cases often people think thats how the breed actually looks.

Many people disagree with it, and its now banned in a lot of places. But the fact its, it's not illegal in america. In those breeds, its still the norm afaik.

4612353041.jpg
    ZnnxEyF.jpg

Legal or illegal, it's unnessacary cruelty to an animal. Big difference between what's legal and what's right. Only a meter of time before it's illegal in the USA, like it is in every other civilised country in the world. And it's most certainly not the norm, even amongst particular breeds. Not by a long shot. Usually only happens in show dogs. Or dogs who are unlucky enough to be owned by ignorant morons like him.

The fact that he refers to his dogs as his property that he can do what he likes with, says it all.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Legal or illegal, it's unnessacary cruelty to an animal. Big difference between what's legal and what's right. Only a meter of time before it's illegal in the USA, like it is in every other civilised country in the world. And it's most certainly not the norm, even amongst particular breeds. Not by a long shot. Usually only happens in show dogs. Or dogs who are unlucky enough to be owned by ignorant morons like him.

The fact that he refers to his dogs as his property that he can do what he likes with, says it all.
    I completely agree that its morally wrong. I'm just pointing out that its not illegal in the US and petitioning the UFC to fire him over a business is stupid, especially when it includes unsubstantiated claims. Unless is doing a Michael Vick, I can't see much come of it.

He breeds Americans Bullys, as far as I can see. Cropping is the norm. But at the same time, breeders have invented all sorts of fake sub-breeds like bully-xL, bully-extreme, etc to target the ignorant morons you mention. They are even pushing a ridiculous "battle crop" - I'm sure you can guess where that comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I completely agree that its morally wrong. I'm just pointing out that its not illegal in the US and petitioning the UFC to fire him over a business is stupid, especially when it includes unsubstantiated claims. Unless is doing a Michael Vick, I can't see much come of it.

He breeds Americans Bullys, as far as I can see. Cropping is the norm. But at the same time, breeders have invented all sorts of fake sub-breeds like bully-xL, bully-extreme, etc to target the ignorant morons you mention. They are even pushing a ridiculous "battle crop" - I'm sure you can guess where that comes from.

Its a sickening practice and it even happens in Ireland still (but rarely) among 'certain circles' of dog owners but you'd be hard pushed to find a reputable vet in the states or anywhere that will do it. There are vets that will do it for show dogs but even these are few and far between. So unfortunately its quite often a case of one guy holding down the puppy while another hacks away at the ear and tries to do it as neatly as possible, without any anesthetic. Awful. And most definitely illegal.

I suppose things like this and the the 'yoga mat' incident will just add fuel to the fire and while not all illegal, they dont do him or the organisation any favours, to such a degree that if he does come a cropper of the law for any reason, the UFC will possibly not be very supportive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

He doesn't seem like the chilled out nice guy he portrays in a lot of his interviews. Sounds like a proper idiot if I'm honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement