Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paully D wrote: »
    Barao moving up to 145. I guess Aldo is retiring after the Conor fight or moving up to 155.

Everyone who has a horrible weight cut will be moving up one now that Iv is banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Is Nelson vs Barnett a 5 round fight?

JJayoo wrote: »
    Is Nelson vs Barnett a 5 round fight?

Yeah it's 5, if it gets past three I can't see it as anything other than a Barnett win. Nelson doesn't have that kind of stamina.

Yeah it's 5, if it gets past three I can't see it as anything other than a Barnett win. Nelson doesn't have that kind of stamina.

Paddy Power : Will the fight go the distance? no = 2/7

Pile all the monies on

What time will these be starting off at tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I feel the same if it goes past the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anyone have money on Barnett - Nelson?

Have €10 on Barnett in the third myself.

Hoping some others agree with me :pac:

What time will the prelims be starting lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

12 I think, and 2am main card.

ASOT wrote: »

That will be tomorrow's viewing so, no way I'm pulling an allnighter for this card.

• Advertisement

An hour later mate. 1am and 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That will be tomorrow's viewing so, no way I'm pulling an allnighter for this card.

Jeez why not? There's like 11 Asian fighters on it

Paully D wrote: »
    An hour later mate. 1am and 3am.

Is it not on at 1am BST? Taught that was 12 our time my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Paddy Power : Will the fight go the distance? no = 2/7

Pile all the monies on

Hope you didn't lose too much :)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Hope you didn't lose too much :)

Didn't actually bet on it but very impressed that they both lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Didn't actually bet on it but very impressed that they both lasted.

Josh Barnett: "Roy Nelson 'a d-ck' for making me go five rounds"

There is a video on youtube somewhere of a lean Roy Nelson beating Frank Mir in a grappling match.

There is a video on youtube somewhere of a lean Roy Nelson beating Frank Mir in a grappling match.

Roy Nelson is a well known Jiu Jitsu guy, he used to compete at Pan-Am's and **** like that, long before he started MMA he was known as a guy who had crazy jiu Jitsu game, he's always been tubby though.

Roy Nelson is a well known Jiu Jitsu guy, he used to compete at Pan-Am's and **** like that, long before he started MMA he was known as a guy who had crazy jiu Jitsu game, he's always been tubby though.

Ya I have seen some of his grappling stuff before, tried finding the Mir fight but the video seems to have been made private. Nelson is a strange one, did he feel as though he only wanted to fight as a heavyweight and so packed on the weight so he wouldn't be undersized? Because by putting on so much weight you pretty much disable a huge part of your ground game.

Ya I have seen some of his grappling stuff before, tried finding the Mir fight but the video seems to have been made private. Nelson is a strange one, did he feel as though he only wanted to fight as a heavyweight and so packed on the weight so he wouldn't be undersized? Because by putting on so much weight you pretty much disable a huge part of your ground game.

In saying that his crucifix is the most frightening thing in all of MMA

• Advertisement

Sterling finally gets matched up and is fighting Johnny Eduardo at fight night December 10th, absolutely delighted for the lad he's been getting dodged more than Khabib was before his injuries. He was even thinking about going back to college to get his masters. Should be an easy win then hopefully he smashes caraway.

In saying that his crucifix is the most frightening thing in all of MMA

34ypbmh.jpg

I think he's just naturally well over 205 and decided rather than cut he'd just get fat so he'd be hard to push around.

During the Rogan fight companion Eddie Bravo was all "maybe he should cut to 205" and the other just laughed at him saying it would take a year to get down there and even then he'd lose his power.

It is a weird one though, like he has normal person legs and arms and this ridiculous belly hanging over his shorts.

Sterling finally gets matched up and is fighting Johnny Eduardo at fight night December 10th, absolutely delighted for the lad he's been getting dodged more than Khabib was before his injuries. He was even thinking about going back to college to get his masters. Should be an easy win then hopefully he smashes caraway.

Can you actually "dodge" someone in the UFC though? I thought all fights were mandatory?

Can you actually "dodge" someone in the UFC though? I thought all fights were mandatory?

Nope it's fairly easy to dodge someone you turn down the fight. Caraway turned down a fight with him and also turned down a fight with Faber apparently. Jones turned down Chael on short notice at 151, Diaz turned down Khabib, Overeem turned down JDS (which is happening now), they don't have to accept the fights but obviously it would be in there best interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ya I have seen some of his grappling stuff before, tried finding the Mir fight but the video seems to have been made private.

Here it us; grapplers quest 2003
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/_B5utoKvm5k

And here's him facing Diego Sanchez in the final of the same comp
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ueMzdKw2Bys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-Announces-April-2016-Event-at-Madison-Square-Garden-Despite-New-York-MMA-Ban-93151

UFC finally trying to break into New York and Madison Square Garden no less....

Interesting to see how it pans out. Atmosphere of a MSG show could be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No harm in announcing it anyways, it shows they aren't giving up on it. It will go through eventually, but not in time for April. End of year PPV in 2016 is far more realistic, could see a huge card for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I see Redser is training over in Tristar.

https://twitter.com/RedserMma/status/648176203677990912

Just a temp thing?

• Advertisement

How the fook did I miss Rory McDonald being added to the Dublin card?!

Edit: never mind, he'll be "supporting" the TriStar lads fighting on the night.

Maybe I'll bump into him at some stage so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement