Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

How the fook did I miss Rory McDonald being added to the Dublin card?!

Ah ye bastard, got my hopes up for a huge fight added for about 5 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »

Reading twitter while tired, bad times man, bad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Mellor wrote: »

Not sure Rorys next fight will be huge. I can see him being given a confidence booster against someone down the ranks a bit to get the W.

True, I mean huge on the UFC Dublin scale, rather than the WW top 10 scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACANDROID

califano wrote: »
    Not sure Rorys next fight will be huge. I can see him being given a confidence booster against someone down the ranks a bit to get the W.

I was hoping they would give him the winner of Hendricks / Woodley as the Co. Main for 195. Massive ask but would be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I think the last thing Rory needs or wants in his next fight is someone from outside the top 10. Losing to Robbie Lawlor is no shame, the man is an animal right now.

Rory will want to start beating the other guys around him in the top 5 again so he can try get another crack at Robbie, I reckon the rematch could happen within a year to 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Rorys next fight will be Lombard.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ASOT wrote: »
    Rorys next fight will be Lombard.

Any source on that or is it an assumption?

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    That will be a cracker.

Hopefully it goes ahead it'll be a good one alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Mark Hunt is looking for very lean going by his instagram account, training at AKA Thailand, he seems to have been in Thailand a lot recently. I'd fancy a punt on him knocking out Bigfoot when they matchup again.

weemcd wrote: »
    Mark Hunt is looking for very lean going by his instagram account, training at AKA Thailand, he seems to have been in Thailand a lot recently. I'd fancy a punt on him knocking out Bigfoot when they matchup again.

He's been in Thailand a few times, looks to be in the best shape of recent years. Bigfoot is on a decline without TRT (probably the only guy who genuinely needs it). I'll be all over Hunt in that one,

Thank you Jesus, walk off KO in front of 70k crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Wonder is Hunts book any good. He was some boy refusing the payout to walk away from UFC after Pride when they clearly didn't want him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Rotten hoores.

I'm in new York on holidays next April and will be home again about a week before that potential MSG event.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Rotten hoores.

I'm in new York on holidays next April and will be home again about a week before that potential MSG event.

Don't worry, it won't happen anyway if that makes you feel better. Same old story as last year, they will push for it and will fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He'll win but I'm not comfortable watching him fight to be honest. He should have walked away after Miocic. The bloke is going to be a vegetable by the time he's 50.

Probation for Jon Jones:

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/9/29/9414481/ex-ufc-champ-jon-jones-pleads-guilty-sentenced-supervised-probation-for-april-hit-and-run-mma
    Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Jon Jones -- currently suspended by his employer -- appeared in Second Judicial District Court earlier today (Tues., Sept. 29, 2015) in Albuquerque, New Mexico, to answer for last April's felony hit-and-run.

"Bones" avoided a grand jury by cutting a deal with prosecutors.

As a result, Jones plead guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, a fourth-degree felony -- conditionally discharged -- and subsequently sentenced to supervised probation (up to 18 months) by judge Charles Brown, who told the defendant "he got real lucky."

Travel has been authorized for work-related purposes and assuming Jones can meet all of his conditions, which include 72 separate appearances for for charity or youth outreach, he will avoid a felony charge on his record.

The former pound-for-pound great, who was already on shaky legs in terms of his public image, smacked up his rental car when it plowed into a pregnant woman, sending her to the hospital. Jones later turned himself in and was booked at The Bernalillo County Metropolitan Detention Center.

The good news is, no one was seriously hurt and a bad situation could have been much, much worse.

While the Jones drama was unfolding, UFC put the ex-champ's title up for grabs at UFC 187. Daniel Cormier was able to capture the crown after slugging it out with Anthony Johnson, and now moves on to defend "his" strap at the UFC 192 pay-per-view (PPV) event this weekend in Houston, Texas.

I think "you got real lucky" is slang for "you're a celebrity" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I told yall

Money money money moooney.....MONEY!

Now, as much as i dislike the guy, i want to know when the UFC will have him back and take his belt back off DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

"his"

Snap.

• Advertisement

Not in the least bit surprised he got off so lightly.

Now that it seems to be done with and he should be back soon, I'll be the first to say I cannot fcuking wait to see him back!

He knows how to sell a fight, unlike so, so many these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

UFC's official response.
    The UFC organization is aware that Jon Jones reached a plea agreement with authorities in Albuquerque, New Mexico this morning stemming from charges associated with a motor vehicle accident earlier this year. As a result, UFC, through Las Vegas-based law firm Campbell & Williams, will thoroughly review the agreement before discussing Jones’ possible reinstatement to return to competition.

Or "were foaming at the mouth to get him back and save LHW PPV numbers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just makes you incredibly angry doesn't it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Would love them to throw the book at Jones.

However him and his slick lawyers will have him pleaded down to a suspended sentence and community service etc. The whole dog and pony show will be rolled out about how he's going to rehab and trying to start a new life for himself in Albuquerque, moving away from the trouble around him in New York.

Pity, because he seems like a really nasty piece of work.

Justice system in America is a JOKE!

Jones has previously had a DUI and been caught driving on a suspended licence.

I wonder does he have to kill someone before they will actually punish him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pffft! I don't care about Jones getting locked up I'm glad he's not because now we can see him take back his rightful place at the top of the 205 division!

My guess is they're gonna aim for Jones v Gus/DC in MSG in April (it'll never happen but that's the plan)

Those pictures of Felice Herrig from the Muscle and Fitness photoshoot. :eek:

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/athletes-celebrities/girls/felice-herrig-rocks-her-physique-outside-octagon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Paully D wrote: »

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/athletes-celebrities/girls/felice-herrig-rocks-her-physique-outside-octagon

Butterface

EDIT: obviously still would...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Paully D wrote: »

She's not attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Justice system in America is a JOKE!

Jones has previously had a DUI and been caught driving on a suspended licence.

I wonder does he have to kill someone before they will actually punish him.

I reckon even if he killed someone he'd get off, look at Caitlyn Jenner.

I'm glad in a way though, I'm sure the women got taken care of financially and I'm excited to see Jones dismantle DC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement