Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

John_D80 wrote: »
    Excellent episode. Best in a long time.

Sage Northcutt is so many cheesy American stereotypes rolled into one, but its impossible to not like him. Very sound guy I reckon

The Ludwig interview was hilarious. The man is clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Aeriel got seriously pissed off about the 3rd time he brought up the fact he thought he was blown off by The MMA Hour last week. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Paully D wrote: »
    The Ludwig interview was hilarious. The man is clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Aeriel got seriously pissed off about the 3rd time he brought up the fact he thought he was blown off by The MMA Hour last week. :pac:

Ludwig definitely doesn't do himself any favours and he is a very 'in your face' kinda guy. I think he's just a bit of an oddball to be fair.

Between Ludwig and Garbrandt, Dillashaw ended up looking pretty bad in the whole TAM thing thats going on right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Let's not forget though, the whole Bang, TJ, Faber, TAM thing.... IT'S ALL CONOR'S FAULT!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

What a prick Ludwig, he doesn't make any sense at all, reminds me on Nick Diaz. Everyone against him.

Still has an issue with women being thumped in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Let's not forget though, the whole Bang, TJ, Faber, TAM thing.... IT'S ALL CONOR'S FAULT!! :pac:

"We're not here to take part....we're here to take over......

...........Team Alpha Male!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

News just in: Dillashaw to split camps between Colorado and SBGi*

*may not be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

John_D80 wrote: »
    Ludwig definitely doesn't do himself any favours and he is a very 'in your face' kinda guy. I think he's just a bit of an oddball to be fair.

Between Ludwig and Garbrandt, Dillashaw ended up looking pretty bad in the whole TAM thing thats going on right now.

Yeah I was surprised how open Garbrandt was about things. There was alot of contradictions mentioned by all 3 of them too with each saying yeah we're cool, we should be all working together and then saying something the complete opposite of that.

Rumours going around that Miocic is injured. Sickner if true

Feel awful for anyone who bought tickets, the card suddenly looks a lot worse with just that injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Who realistically fills in? The card goes down in quality without that fight, it was the main one I was looking forward to tbh.

Who realistically fills in? The card goes down in quality without that fight, it was the main one I was looking forward to tbh.

Arlovski or Browne are the only options, but I'd say it will just scrapped altogether, hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Sage Northcutt creeps me out a little, reminds me of a Stepford Wife.

bur wrote: »
    Sage Northcutt creeps me out a little, reminds me of a Stepford Wife.

I'm calling it now be goes off the deep end and turns into a heel. Reminds me of an Amish kid doing that devils weekend thing.

Petition to liftv the Diaz ban is nearly at it's goal of 100k. Closing this Friday and you don't have to b enter a zip code to sign so free to sign globally.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/lift-nsac-ban-mma-fighter-nick-diaz

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I really hope Diaz has other appeals strategy than this!

Can he actually appeal it straight out as a petition v the 2 WADA passed tests is a no brainer to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Ronda's mam goes off on Edmond Tarverdyan. Looks like she's been wanting to say this for a while. "I think he's a terrible coach and a bad person"

I listend to Ronda and Edmond on Rogan's podcast a few weeks back and they were laughing about the fact that Edmond didn't like her at the start. Literally zero animosity between them. As to why Ronda's mam wants to bring this up now is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Axwell wrote: »

I didn't watch this video to the end the first time around. Just it being brought up on Reddit. Check it out from 3.50 on wards.
    Squeaky clean Sage as a bit of a temper on him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mellor wrote: »
    I didn't watch this video to the end the first time around. Just it being brought up on Reddit. Check it out from 3.50 on wards.
    Squeaky clean Sage as a bit of a temper on him :D

Roid rage. It's gotta be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Rousey's Ma is a fúckin nut

/edit, nobody is as nice as Northcutt without being a complete psycho.

I'd say the mask will fall off at some point, and the media will leap over it. Like Jones, he wont be as clean cut as he appears to be

• Advertisement

Roar wrote: »
    Ronda's mam goes off on Edmond Tarverdyan. Looks like she's been wanting to say this for a while. "I think he's a terrible coach and a bad person"

I listend to Ronda and Edmond on Rogan's podcast a few weeks back and they were laughing about the fact that Edmond didn't like her at the start. Literally zero animosity between them. As to why Ronda's mam wants to bring this up now is beyond me.

Ronda's image is taking hits.

First there's the news that she's dating Travis Browne (who was cleared by the UFC of domestic violence because of inconclusive evidence, not because there wasn't any and who's accuser says is still going to press charges) and now her mother is getting involved in this stuff publically.

Quick guys before they sell out! (Worth reading through the comments)

Uuugghh I hope he doesn't mean he won't be taking fights for 8-12 months. Should be made hand back the belt if he does. Not that LHW is swarming with possible contenders but champs should be the most active fighters, not taking breaks.

12143197_895315333838768_996870959004397221_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=f054538c92dcaab08d434d8fe2496a10&oe=5695C892

No DC, you do not deserve a break for fighting 6 times in two years. Sick of the new champion culture in UFC, where they feel no pressure on themselves to take any fights just because they have the shiny gold belt. As Zero said, you should be fighting more if anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Make Cowboy and Hall champions. Shít would get real interesting then. There'd be like 10 title fights a year between them alone.

The Diaz petition has over 100,000 signatures now, so it will have to be officially looked into by the US Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Six fights in two years is a lot at the elite level, can't think of many that have fought more or as often as that? Watching UFC the past ten years i don't expect any champion to fight more than twice a year.
    I think if he fights within 6-7 months that's fair enough. Not like he is holding up the division either, there's only one fight people want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

For fear anyone misses it, Paully D posted this incredible fight in the ONE thread last night. Treat yourself.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057411887/8/#post97370290

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

martyos121 wrote: »
    The Diaz petition has over 100,000 signatures now, so it will have to be officially looked into by the US Government.
    bur wrote: »
    Six fights in two years is a lot at the elite level, can't think of many that have fought more or as often as that?
    Cowboy Cerrone's 10 most recent fights were in the space of two years. I'd consider that to be the upper limit of what's possible.

No way should a champ could sustain that level though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Quick guys before they sell out! (Worth reading through the comments)

"I'd rather let jones drive my car" :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement