Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I don't know how Seery does it to be honest. 36 years old, working full-time, 4 kids (including a new baby), it's unreal how he can balance all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Neil is a class act, love to see him get a big name fight on short notice even. I was pissed off after his fight in MGM not that he lost more so that lots of people over there couldn't have come in early to watch him and cheer him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Could a crowd funding system ever work for fighters? in that fans could donate an amount based upon performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

JJayoo wrote: »
    Could a crowd funding system ever work for fighters? in that fans could donate an amount based upon performance.
    TipAFighter has been set up by someone with Bellator fighter Bubba Jenkins as something along the lines of what you suggest. Clearly they skim their bit off the top but seems like a good idea.

He's always going on about it on the MMARoasted podcast but a lot of fighters are not signing up to the service as they are at the whim of their management company who dont bother getting their fighters signed up to it.
    http://tipafighter.com/
    https://twitter.com/tipafighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2015/10/15/ronda-rouseys-mother-on-edmond-tarverdyan-i-would-run-over-him-with-my-car-if-there-wasnt-a-law-against-it/
    AnnMaria De Mars, the mother of UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, has today upped the ante in her apparent feud with the fighters head coach, Edmond Tarverdyan following an earlier video interview this week, this time claiming that if she had the chance and it wasn’t illegal, she’d run him over with her car.
    Speaking on a second video, which has now been removed, De Mars said:
    “I would run over him with my car if there wasn’t a law against it.”
    “Every time I go in his gym, he used to say, ‘How are you?’ And I’d say, ‘How the **** do you think I am? I’m in your f*cking gym and I f*cking hate you.’ So now he doesn’t ask me how I am anymore.”
    Rousey defends her title against Holly Holm in the main event of UFC 193 on November 14th in Melbourne, Australia. This apparent feud between mom and coach could end up being a serious talking point leading up to that matchup.

What a nasty aul bitch she sounds like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JJayoo wrote: »
    I've heard of a few fighters who have GoFundMe's set up for training camps and such. Even guys in the UFC have had "sponsor appeals"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Francisco Trevino misses weight against Sage Northcutt, gets beaten by him in less than a minute, has 20% of his purse taken from him and now it is revealed that he tested positive for marijuana.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

That_Guy wrote: »
    Francisco Trevino misses weight against Sage Northcutt, gets beaten by him in less than a minute, has 20% of his purse taken from him and now it is revealed that he tested positive for marijuana.

And he shoved referee Herb Dean in anger after the stoppage! All in all a great example of how give the UFC plenty of reasons to get yourself cut from the promotion!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

What was the story with Trevino? was he just a bum brought in at the last min?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Trevino had one job that night and that was to be fed to Northcutt. His time in the UFC is up and I hope he gets a ban thrown in there two.

Don't knock Herb Dean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Trevino had one job that night and that was to be fed to Northcutt. His time in the UFC is up and I hope he gets a ban thrown in there two.

Don't knock Herb Dean

Mellor wrote: »
    I've heard of a few fighters who have GoFundMe's set up for training camps and such. Even guys in the UFC have had "sponsor appeals"

Does anyone follow Norman Parke on twitter or FB? He's forever name dropping shops,coffee shops, painter & decorators( :p ) probably getting an amount for every name drop.

About a week ago he was flogging tickets to Dublin next week to the highest bidder! Ticket touting to an event he's appearing at LOL I actually unfollowed him after that(I'm sure he cares!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

weemcd wrote: »

Don't knock Herb Dean

Unfortunately nothings going to come from him pushing Dean, Dean argued a case for him to the Atletics commission that he was only trying to get his attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Devastator wrote: »
    Does anyone follow Norman Parke on twitter or FB? He's forever name dropping shops,coffee shops, painter & decorators( :p ) probably getting an amount for every name drop.

About a week ago he was flogging tickets to Dublin next week to the highest bidder! Ticket touting to an event he's appearing at LOL I actually unfollowed him after that(I'm sure he cares!)

Its been discussed a fair bit on the UFC Dublin thread.

He was touting tickets, when questioned about it by fans he gave them dogs abuse. Cursing and name calling etc.

Since then he has replied to a few people on social media (myself included) with a very tame reply and claims that he sold them at face value "for a friend".

I'd say he has been pulled up by the UFC for his carry on. If he has indeed been touting his comp tickets then he's a real scrounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Her Dean has seen it all, he knows how fighters can react to any given situation, and he's knows that it's part and parcel of his job to deal with it. Another reason he's the best in the business.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Its been discussed a fair bit on the UFC Dublin thread.

He was touting tickets, when questioned about it by fans he gave them dogs abuse. Cursing and name calling etc.

Since then he has replied to a few people on social media (myself included) with a very tame reply and claims that he sold them at face value "for a friend".

I'd say he has been pulled up by the UFC for his carry on. If he has indeed been touting his comp tickets then he's a real scrounge.

Oh, I've not been following the other thread. I seen his post on FB about week ago, seen a few replies with people asking what he was at but unliked/unfollowed him as was getting bored of some of the things he posts.

:eek: Surprised at his reaction though, if it was "for a friend" it would have made more sense sharing his friends original post trying to sell them. Seems like a bit of a money grabber from what I can see, and he's from up Antrim(Bushmills) direction, they have a reputation for being tight lol

I wonder what the fans reaction will be like to him next week after how he got on over this :confused: I'm sure it would be a pretty low % of the audience that may know about it but if people are talking about it on the night and word spreads he could get a very mixed reception.

I remember about 6/8 weeks ago he put up a post on FB asking people to like some little tearoom in Antrim, whenever it reached so many likes(think 5000) he would give away a pair of tickets to Dublin, but as far as I'm aware(someone please correct me if Im wrong) no prize was ever gave out even though the tearoom went a good bit over the target

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Eddie Gordon let go by UFC. Sickner, he was a sound man at UFC Dublin last year and he was given some tough fights. Hope he gets picked up by Bellator or wsof. He was a beat in the tuf final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Eddie Gordon let go by UFC. Sickner, he was a sound man at UFC Dublin last year and he was given some tough fights. Hope he gets picked up by Bellator or wsof. He was a beat in the tuf final.

Wasn't of standard at all imo, won't possible the poorest season of TUF ever, really nice bloke though as you said!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ASOT wrote: »
    Wasn't of standard at all imo, won't possible the poorest season of TUF ever, really nice bloke though as you said!

I'm still a bit surprised though. Would've thought he'd be a shoe -in for a brit card regardless?

50 fighters getting cut this weekend according to reports!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Paully D wrote: »

Reminded me of this:

Brimage gone. :(

Sure, it's deserved given his recent performances (1-4 in his last 5 fights) but he's such a nice bloke. Glad I got to see his last fight in person if nothing else.

Bellator will be loving all these cuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Very poor season of TUF alright, nice fella alright but his performances after that finale didn't show any future promise at all thought the opponents he was given were very fair to where he was at at the time Josh Samman caught him with that unbelievable kick (a fighter who didn't get a proper run in Belator) lost a split decision to Chris Dempsey (who we saw being KO'd by Latifi last year) Dempseys only win in UFC and in his last time out another TUF winner who was coming off a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Devastator wrote: »
    Oh, I've not been following the other thread. I seen his post on FB about week ago, seen a few replies with people asking what he was at but unliked/unfollowed him as was getting bored of some of the things he posts.

:eek: Surprised at his reaction though, if it was "for a friend" it would have made more sense sharing his friends original post trying to sell them. Seems like a bit of a money grabber from what I can see, and he's from up Antrim(Bushmills) direction, they have a reputation for being tight lol

I wonder what the fans reaction will be like to him next week after how he got on over this :confused: I'm sure it would be a pretty low % of the audience that may know about it but if people are talking about it on the night and word spreads he could get a very mixed reception.

I remember about 6/8 weeks ago he put up a post on FB asking people to like some little tearoom in Antrim, whenever it reached so many likes(think 5000) he would give away a pair of tickets to Dublin, but as far as I'm aware(someone please correct me if Im wrong) no prize was ever gave out even though the tearoom went a good bit over the target

what a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Brimage gone. :(

Sure, it's deserved given his recent performances (1-4 in his last 5 fights) but he's such a nice bloke. Glad I got to see his last fight in person if nothing else.

Bellator will be loving all these cuts!

He's been seriously unlucky, he's the perfect guy to feed to a fancy prospect who'll KO him - he'll stand in the pocket and trade but he lacks power. 3 of his losses are Conor, Garbandt and Rivera, 1 is fighting for the title now and the other 2 will probably become top 10 in their division.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mayhem miller got tazed by cops and then fought them. Obviously got arrested. Poor Mayhem, if he managed to stay clean, I'm sure he could have gotten a fight in Japan in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

CatFromHue wrote: »
    On the embedded for the aldo v mcgregor press tour mcgregor told the politician his walking around weight was 170 or around that.

I'm pretty sure he says in another interview that he was 180 or so at that time. His weight probably fluctuates so much. If he wasn't training or in camp it probably would be higher than 180. In camp he probably keeps it at 170. Then loses more weight and then cuts the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Heard they're cutting McGregor too. Dana has had enough of McGregor eating chicken wings and drinking a pint 2 months before a fight.

Norman "The People's champ" Parke is to take his place in December. Need a ticket? He's selling loads, just ask him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

BOHtox wrote: »
    Heard they're cutting McGregor too. Dana has had enough of McGregor eating chicken wings and drinking a pint 2 months before a fight.

Norman "The People's champ" Parke is to take his place in December. Need a ticket? He's selling loads, just ask him

about time! they really need to cut that unprofessionalism out of the sport!

• Advertisement

BOHtox wrote: »

If you already have a ticket don't fret, he is also offering "I wanna be like Norm" Vegas packages where he recommends you a hotel, the coffee shop he visits while in town, where to eat, walk, breath the best air.....everything you can possibly think of to live like Bushmill's best export after whiskey

HURRY!!! If you sign upto this exciting offer by midnight on Tuesday you receive a complimentary* jar of "BANG Ludwig's Peanut Butter"

*Disclaimer :- If you receive this peanut butter you must accept you may loose your favorite potplant that you have grown from a seed since college

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement