Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I can't believe how ridiculous this thread has got....even for the mma forum!

Its like being back at primary school again when the teacher leaves the room

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A lot of poop mouth going on in here.

Anyway...... What with SBG teaming with Reebok?? Seems like it would be a good deal for them as half the country probably wants to join the gym so good advertising for Reebok and the lads will get endless gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

scudzilla wrote: »
    All you have to do is send a PM to Dav (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=213423) asking him to lift the swear filter, he sorted it for me in seconds, very handy at times

No you can't. I really have a lot more for doing than having my time wasted with nonsense like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Somebody in the UFC/Reeboks design department really made a balls of this

MeBo6Pv.png

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »

http://i.imgur.com/MeBo6Pv.png

Oh My Jaysus.... :eek:

MeBo6Pv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Thats not real is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thats not real is it?

Sadly it is;
    http://m.reebok.ie/ufc-ireland-map-tee/AZ3909.html

Epic cock up from Reebok. And embarrassingly close to their recent sponsorship deal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Who do they have designing this stuff. A 4th year school project would design nicer shirts than anything I've seen from Reebok since they got the UFC deal. It's incredible how consistently bad they look, never mind the basic mistakes/spelling errors they've made in some of the publicity photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 slangamerican

Apart from the obvious, it looks like rubbish that you expect to see in Carrolls being sold to tourists for a fiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If I got that for free it would be a sleeping t-shirt only and even then only on wash day. Presumably they thought they could save some money and got someone to do it on fiverr.

Mellor wrote: »

MeBo6Pv.png

Dear oh dear :( Gerry & Martin will not be pleased with that :mad:

Can everybody see this post? As according to UFC & Reebok I do not exist

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I remember some other american company clothes company made a similar tshirt a few months back and had to pull it after a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I remember some other american company clothes company made a similar tshirt a few months back and had to pull it after a few weeks

Correct and right. Retail chain 'Target' launched a similar dodgy shirt (for Paddy's day this year AFAIR) and got mercilessly roasted by the Irish community in America. The T-shirts were withdrawn after only a few days on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

F00t13f4n wrote: »

Wow he's really not impressed! Would have been interesting to hear that call to Dana!

Great response from JK, ballsy and all after such a big deal. I had a look at the other 'Irish' t-shirts on the reebok store. 'Eire' with a harp underneath....'UFC Dublin'.....Like someone else said, who in the hell is designing these things??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It's a bit OTT, a much better response would have been to say he's contacted them to explain the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Well... it worked, anyway!

T-shirt no longer available on the website.
    http://www.reebok.ie/ufc-ireland-map-tee/AZ3909.html

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    Well... it worked, anyway!

T-shirt no longer available on the website.
    http://www.reebok.ie/ufc-ireland-map-tee/AZ3909.html

That was impressively quick!

• Advertisement

Fair play John Kavanagh, I have a lot more respect for him as a person with his reaction to this.

I know I am not the only person from the north that uses this forum and I like to think we all support fighters from this island, north and south no matter what their backround, political or religious beliefs are.

1 thing is for certain, at this stage, I definitely will not be investing in any reebok gear at #194 after this incident!

Some of the responses on twitter are ridiculous. Some fair enough comments from people who don't understand what the issue is but why are there always people from the UK who feel the need to chip in with stupid comments whenever this sort of thing crops up.

jimmii wrote: »
    Some of the responses on twitter are ridiculous. Some fair enough comments from people who don't understand what the issue is but why are there always people from the UK who feel the need to chip in with stupid comments whenever this sort of thing crops up.

They're deluded self important idiots, I feel like taking a photo of the peaceline(wall) thats about 20 feet from my front door and asking them if they really feel they're in a better position to tell me about the situation here :D

Same goes for the dickheads in Scotland that support 1 of either the 2 main football teams which they think gives them a divine right to have a correct opinion! "Have you ever crossed the Irish Sea and set foot anywhere on this island? No? Then **** up!"

Devastator wrote: »
    They're deluded self important idiots, I feel like taking a photo of the peaceline(wall) thats about 20 feet from my front door and asking them if they really feel they're in a better position to tell me about the situation here :D

Same goes for the dickheads in Scotland that support 1 of either the 2 main football teams which they think gives them a divine right to have a correct opinion! "Have you ever crossed the Irish Sea and set foot anywhere on this island? No? Then **** up!"

Lol yeh the but I support Celtic so i'm basically Irish contingent! I'm from the England and people from there talking about Ireland does my head in! The only places they know are Dublin and Belfast and they have absolutely no idea where either are on a map.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I know I am not the only person from the north that uses this forum and I like to think we all support fighters from this island, north and south no matter what their backround, political or religious beliefs are.

Unless you're Norman Parke :p

jimmii wrote: »
    Lol yeh the but I support Celtic so i'm basically Irish contingent! I'm from the England and people from there talking about Ireland does my head in! The only places they know are Dublin and Belfast and they have absolutely no idea where either are on a map.

here Jimmii, **** up would ye? j/k lol
    I've worked in various call centres mainly dealing with people living across the UK and I wish I had a quid for every conversation that went along these lines

Customer "That accent doesn't sound local to me, where are you from?"(sometimes they guessed Scotland!)
    Me "Belfast"
    Cust "Oh where abouts in Belfast?"
    Me "Why have you ever been here?"
    Cust "No, but I'm interested to know"
    Me "Well if you've never been here then how are you supposed to know where it is. Are you sure you're not just trying to find soemthing else out?"
    Cust "uhhh...ahhh.....ok then thanks for helping me!"

Unless you're Norman Parke :p

aha, I can presume his backround guessing from where he's from but don't know/don't care to know for certain.....I just think he's a bit of a wanker for touting tickets to this weekend and name dropping every shop he sets foot in lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It's bound to get brought up during fight week. Hope the fighters have their A-game when it comes to tackling questions about it.

here Jimmii, **** up would ye? j/k lol
    I've worked in various call centres mainly dealing with people living across the UK and I wish I had a quid for every conversation that went along these lines

Customer "That accent doesn't sound local to me, where are you from?"(sometimes they guessed Scotland!)
    Me "Belfast"
    Cust "Oh where abouts in Belfast?"
    Me "Why have you ever been here?"
    Cust "No, but I'm interested to know"
    Me "Well if you've never been here then how are you supposed to know where it is. Are you sure you're not just trying to find soemthing else out?"
    Cust "uhhh...ahhh.....ok then thanks for helping me!"

Are you still doing that? I think I would just start making up places see how ridiculous you could get without people questioning it! So where are you from? I am from Upper North Clinfontonvillingville thanks for asking its only a wee place.

Lots of people think I am from New Zealand or South Africa they are quite disappointed when I say I am actually from London.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

looks like the shirt is gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

It's bound to get brought up during fight week. Hope the fighters have their A-game when it comes to tackling questions about it.

Hopefully they don't ask the fighters about it and keep any questions to John if they really need to know.

I have a feeling someone in Reebok might loose their job over this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement