Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I have a feeling someone in Reebok might loose their job over this.

Yes, hopefully the head designer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Whoever is in charge of the ufc reebok stuff is obviously an absolute idiot. The spelling errors on some of the fighters tops on the launch was ridiculous too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I got a tweet back from Reebok and their explanation was that this was "purely an unfortunate design mistake".

How do you make a mistake, allow it to go through the channels and have it end up their site for sale for a few hours?

Baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

jimmii wrote: »
    Are you still doing that? I think I would just start making up places see how ridiculous you could get without people questioning it! So where are you from? I am from Upper North Clinfontonvillingville thanks for asking its only a wee place.

Lots of people think I am from New Zealand or South Africa they are quite disappointed when I say I am actually from London.

Luckily I'm currently out of that type of horrible environment and never want to set foot in one again, I done over 10 years in different centres so IMO I've more than served my time in them lol
    haha not so much made up but a few times I did throw a real place at them, which if you knew Belfast would be completely ridiculous. One example I told a customer was that I was from Castle Street in the city, Castle street is a really run down street in the city centre were all the alcoholics hang about and beg people :D

Usually whenever I was asked my blunt, F you, contemptuous attitude kicked into high gear. I absolutely hate when people from here ask "where are you from?" because its usually meaning "What are you?"(in terms of religion) and I usually answer that with "**** off" but couldn't say that to a customer or I would have been sacked lol
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yes, hopefully the head designer

Yeah but even before this with the crap looking shirts,etc that they've designed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I got a tweet back from Reebok and their explanation was that this was "purely an unfortunate design mistake".

How do you make a mistake, allow it to go through the channels and have it end up their site for sale for a few hours?

Baffling.

It was obviously designed by people who know hardly anything about the subject or country. It was a lazy job and they probably thought they there doing the right thing , thinking the 6 counties were the UK and not "Ireland".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wonder if Reebok will fulfill any orders made of the t-shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It was obviously designed by people who know hardly anything about the subject

Sums up nearly everything they've done to date!

It'll probably return now with NI included, ignoring that issue it's still a shockingly poor design.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Paully D wrote: »
    I wonder if Reebok will fulfill any orders made of the t-shirt?

I hope so. I bought 6.... For the forgotten counties. *sniff*

That_Guy wrote: »
    I hope so. I bought 6.... For the forgotten counties. *sniff*

Will they include a black armband(or waterwings) on each shirt? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I guess that scathing, ruthless & exceptionally cruel review I posted for the shirt & the chimps they have in the clothing design department won't get an airing on their site.
    DAMN YOU ONCE AGAIN REEBOK!! :(

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/ReebokUK/status/656852940641144833

Just seen this post on fb, I presume its from JK

12122912_10208137722260354_6290119051492011689_n.jpg?oh=ea8bbffc059f63d8d158a5a8157f2458&oe=56CF8769

• Registered Users Posts: 14,644 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Devastator wrote: »

Just seen this post on fb, I presume its from JK

12122912_10208137722260354_6290119051492011689_n.jpg?oh=ea8bbffc059f63d8d158a5a8157f2458&oe=56CF8769

Jesus Christ . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Speaking with Rothwell for guts of 20 mins, he is extremely pissed off, Irish fans robbed as I was leaving him and arlorvski where having words!

No show money for Rothwell , he hopes overeem is injuried!

Cant belive ufc already matched an injured man up

callaway92 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ . . . .

Nah, it definitely wasn't him that said it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Damn was kinda interested for JK to have his bluff called and seeing what happened.

Fair play to him for getting it sorted though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I thought this would be behind a pay wall but it turns out it's not.

The Sunday Business Post did a bit of an interview with Kavanagh on the weekend

http://www.businesspost.ie/the-fighters-inside-the-world-of-ufc-and-conor-mcgregor/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

jimmii wrote: »
    Wow he's really not impressed! Would have been interesting to hear that call to Dana!
    Not really any thing to do with Dana tbh. Purely a Reebok issue.
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Damn was kinda interested for JK to have his bluff called and seeing what happened

I imagine he would have went through with it. But there was zero chance it wasn't coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

For anyone not following the UFC Dublin thread, Duffy vs. Poirier is off, Duffy out with concussion, refunds being offered. What a shambles of an event it's turned out to be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If Duffy has a mild concussion it's actually a good thing he's not fighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Jesus I can't believe that Tristar actually allowed heavy sparing during fight week. He should have been focusing on his cut, not sparing. Absolute cluster **** of a card at this stage but at least Paddy Holohan gets bumped to main event, he deserves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jesus I can't believe that Tristar actually allowed heavy sparing during fight week. He should have been focusing on his cut, not sparing. Absolute cluster **** of a card at this stage but at least Paddy Holohan gets bumped to main event, he deserves it.

That's the silver lining at least, he goes from being the first fight on the card last year to the main event this year, delighted for him. Hope he finishes Smolka, gets POTN and has a nice cup of tea for himself after.

Ha that's a good point, the POTN is now much more open.

Think I read that Paddy's fight will stay at a 3 rounder too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's the silver lining at least, he goes from being the first fight on the card last year to the main event this year, delighted for him. Hope he finishes Smolka, gets POTN and has a nice cup of tea for himself after.

Paddy is an absolute legend. I weigh substantially more than him but I've been lucky enough to roll with him at seminars and training sessions and he's a total gentleman. He's thought me so much over the last few years and even though I'm pissed that the Duffy fight is cancelled I'm 100% delighted for The Hooligan. Top man he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think we could do with a laugh after last night. Here's Vitor coming back from the future to chat with a young Dana :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There's a guy on adverts selling full signed framed UFC93 poster for €100, that is WELL worth it, bargain tonsay the least, I have mine framed and on the wall, looks sooooooo cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

CR2cujkUYAAOsVt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I am devastated for Duffy. This was going to be his coming out party, stage was set, he had a game opponent who liked a rumble but one who could be caught on the chin. I didn't know how it was gonna go but my instincts told me that Duffy would be far too cute for him, box him smoothly and get the ko or perhaps sneak a sub.

Huge setback for him, looks like Poirer will get a new opponent and Duffy is now waiting.

I can't imagine how depressing that would be.

Anyone watch the preview for this following Duffy in Tristar? They showed him doing a 'shark tank' which involved a sparring a fresh opponent every minute, in the video they said he had been doing that for 43 minutes. Was he leaving a bit too much in the gym or am I looking into it too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

weemcd wrote: »

Huge setback for him, looks like Poirer will get a new opponent and Duffy is now waiting.

Porier has said he will only fight Duffy next

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

weemcd wrote: »
    They showed him doing a 'shark tank' which involved a sparring a fresh opponent every minute, in the video they said he had been doing that for 43 minutes. Was he leaving a bit too much in the gym or am I looking into it too much?
    Shark tanks are pretty common I'd have thought. Although 43 minutes is a long time to be doing it.
    But at the end of the day, the was pulled from the fight because he was knocked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

srumball wrote: »
    Porier has said he will only fight Duffy next

Fair play to him if he said that.

Porier is a very likeable dude

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement