Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

weemcd wrote: »
    Anyone watch the preview for this following Duffy in Tristar? They showed him doing a 'shark tank' which involved a sparring a fresh opponent every minute, in the video they said he had been doing that for 43 minutes. Was he leaving a bit too much in the gym or am I looking into it too much?

43 minutes :eek: thats pretty impressive if they are going in anyway hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd really like to know who it was that knocked him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'd really like to know who it was that knocked him out.

I'd really like to slap whoever it was who knocked him out.

Actually maybe run over him in my car. Safer that way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

DrPhilG wrote: »

:eek:
    Are you Ronda Rousey's ma? lol

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/14/9535625/ronda-rouseys-mom-on-coach-i-would-run-over-him-with-my-car-if-there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DrPhilG wrote: »

Or drop him into an actual shark tank. The irony would be incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He was sparing with Rory is what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Maybe he tried to do a Sage flip?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Maybe he tried to do a Sage flip?

Holy **** the end bit, he's like Ken out of Street Fighter.

lol whats the lad at who's breakdancing? Is he the MMA Michael Jackson but wears 1 sock instead of 1 glove?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Devastator wrote: »
    lol whats the lad at who's breakdancing? Is he the MMA Michael Jackson but wears 1 sock instead of 1 glove?

Maybe he worn it off with all the dancing he's doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Magny v Wonderboy added to UFC 195. December and January are going to be insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

weemcd wrote: »
    I am devastated for Duffy. This was going to be his coming out party, stage was set, he had a game opponent who liked a rumble but one who could be caught on the chin. I didn't know how it was gonna go but my instincts told me that Duffy would be far too cute for him, box him smoothly and get the ko or perhaps sneak a sub.

Huge setback for him, looks like Poirer will get a new opponent and Duffy is now waiting.

I can't imagine how depressing that would be.

Anyone watch the preview for this following Duffy in Tristar? They showed him doing a 'shark tank' which involved a sparring a fresh opponent every minute, in the video they said he had been doing that for 43 minutes. Was he leaving a bit too much in the gym or am I looking into it too much?
    jimmii wrote: »
    43 minutes :eek: thats pretty impressive if they are going in anyway hard.

That's the link above. 43 minutes was the time. I'm no expert but perhaps a bit much if he was continuing to spar like that so close to the fight.

I am gutted about this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Got an email from Reebok about my review :(
    Hello TherapyBoy,

Your opinion is very important to us and the Reebok community. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on UFC Ireland Map Tee. Unfortunately your review did not meet our guidelines for posting on our site.

Please be aware that as per our guidelines, we have not posted your review as it contains information that is not relevant. We would be happy to post your rating and review if you resubmit a version without this content.
    We encourage you to review our guidelines and resubmit your review on UFC Ireland Map Tee.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Got an email from Reebok about my review :(

"we have not posted your review as it contains information that is not relevant."

information = N.Ireland (i.e. Not relevant in Reebok's eyes lol)

Another good lineup on The MMA Hour this week - Peter Carroll, John Kavanagh, Ben Rothwell, Poirier and others. Belfort was supposed to be one but his reps asked Ariel not to ask certain questions which he refused to do so they pulled him from the show. :pac:

Starts at 5pm our time:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/26/9608666/the-mma-hour-with-vitor-belfort-alexander-gustafsson-ben-rothwell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I usually wait until my journey to work to listen to it but that's to good a line up not to listen live, can't wait to hear what Ben has to say. When I was talking to his over the weekend he said he loved his time here and was severely gutted he couldnt fight on the card.

John Kavanagh not on the show any more per Ariel. Shame, I was looking forward to hearing what he had to say about UFC Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see Ais was on? Must catch this on replay later. I'm guessing with Vitor, the rep said:

You can talk about Cheezus
    You cannot talk about Testostehonay

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I see Ais was on? Must catch this on replay later.

Only noticed that now too. I had to switch off after Jon Jones' manager was on, so they must have got her in as a replacement after Kavanagh had to bounce and Belfort pulled out.

Looking forward to catching that later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

srumball wrote: »

I earn more than most ufc fighters in a year. And I'm not rich or anything. Hardly seems worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

srumball wrote: »

from rebok

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Every single event these days someone will post the fighter's sponsor money as if it's their entire purse...

Paddy probably made $10k for the fight. Smolka (based on his 189 money) made at least $30k.

I'd be very surprised if both guys didn't get an extra undisclosed bonus based on them being bumped to main event.

So Smolka and Holohan did not make a combined $5,000. They made at least a combined $45,000 and probably more.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah I read somewhere they made about 50k each total. People go crazy when rebook sponsor money gets announced every fight card. Yes it's sh*t sponsorship money but it's only a fraction of their fight pay.

Gas hearing Dana defend it 'The complaints are ridiculous. This is a home run for Reebok'......

Yes, yes it is but it's a kick in the hole for the fighters.

Anyway, MMA Hour was good craic. Ariel was seriously pissed off all the way through over the Vitor thing. Great to hear Petesy give his view on things as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

BJs website is worst than Joe.ie click bait central. Should be banned from the forum

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

ASOT wrote: »
    BJs website is worst than Joe.ie click bait central. Should be banned from the forum

Agree completely but in defence of whatever mong runs that site they did state it was sponsorship money and not total purse. Above poster may have missed that and got carried away with himself.

‘UFC Fight Night 76’ Reebok Pay: Main Eventers make combined $5,000 sponsorship money

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

On the whole fighter pay issue, Myles Jury recently did a breakdown of the average fighters pay. It really highlights how badly the fighters are affected by the reebok deal. The pay is fairly poor and the sponsor money used to prop them up financially but that's all gone now.
    Sorry if it was posted already but I didn't notice it.
    He said:
    A fighter wins and earns $20,000:

$2,000 (gym / team)

$4,000 (management)

$6,000 (taxes)

$500 (medicals)

$1,000 (coaching)

$1,000 (Misc.)

Total Expenses: $14,500

He made an educated guess using his own experiences that a fighter who has an entry level contract with the UFC ($10,000 show/$10,000 win) will profit $5,500 for a win and $1,500 for a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Reebok payout for the entire card was $77,500 for 20 fighters. UFC Payouts were id say just over $300,000 not including FoTN and PoTN bonuses.

• Advertisement

6 month medical suspension for Pendred though he may be back a little quicker if cleared by an ENT. Could be summer before he's back in the octagon.

Paddy, Seery and Daly all good to go again after a week of mandatory rest so it'd be great if they all get matched up for London at the end of February.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement