Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Paully D wrote: »
    6 month medical suspension for Pendred though he may be back a little quicker if cleared by an ENT. Could be summer before he's back in the octagon.

Paddy, Seery and Daly all good to go again after a week of mandatory rest so it'd be great if they all get matched up for London at the end of February.

6 months:eek: I'm assuming that's alot. What did he say he had? A few bumps and bruises?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Usually 6 month suspension is for something broken ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

dave1982 wrote: »
    Usually 6 month suspension is for something broken ?

Was just about to post this, mandatory 6 months for anything broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

He did say his pride was broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'd say it's his nose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Six months for all the broken hearts in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Did cathal personally murder all of your mothers or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Did cathal personally murder all of your mothers or something??

Not mine anyway. She out boxed him easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

El Guapo! wrote: »
    On the whole fighter pay issue, Myles Jury recently did a breakdown of the average fighters pay. It really highlights how badly the fighters are affected by the reebok deal. The pay is fairly poor and the sponsor money used to prop them up financially but that's all gone now.
    Sorry if it was posted already but I didn't notice it.
    He said:
    I don't know how tax works for fighters, and im not saying he is lying. But if he genuinely got taxed 6k out of 12k after expenses (50%), then he needs a new accountant.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't know how tax works for fighters, and im not saying he is lying. But if he genuinely got taxed 6k out of 12k after expenses (50%), then he needs a new accountant.

Is the tax not $6,000 out of $20,000 (30%)?

$4,000 (20% of the purse) on management seems excessive too.

It'll probably be the standard rate but there's no way he's (or other fighters who are paying 20% to management) getting value for money there. Many fighters wouldn't be the sharpest tools in the box I know, but there's got to be a lot of stuff that "management" are taking a cut for that could quite easily be done themselves, even by the ones that aren't as smart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is the tax not $6,000 out of $20,000 (30%)?
    I don't think so. The other fees are usually considered "business expenses" and are deductible (same system here in Oz). But maybe all the taxes do actually add up to 50% depending on where the fight is held.
    I'd certainly be investing a few quid in an accountant to be sure.
    $4,000 (20% of the purse) on management seems excessive too.

It'll probably be the standard rate but there's no way he's (or other fighters who are paying 20% to management) getting value for money there. Many fighters wouldn't be the sharpest tools in the box I know, but there's got to be a lot of stuff that "management" are taking a cut for that could quite easily be done themselves, even by the ones that aren't as smart.
    I agree, $4k on management is insane. And the fighters earning that much are getting fairly terrible "management".

I don't think Myles is lying, but I also think that fighters need to protect themselves from been taken for a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

• Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reading reports that JoJo is out and Rose is in against Page at UFN 80 but wiki says Page is fighting Sage. I'm so confused :(

366920.PNG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Article here on her replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Rumours about sage and Paige to make super babies

Gutted for Calderwood to miss out on this one but I'm shocked the UFC are giving VanZant a matchup against Namajunas. It's a better fight for us fans but there's also a greater chance of VanZant losing IMO. I also thought they'd be the two fighters in that division that they'd try to hype seperately for as long as possible.

Esparza showed the blueprint for making Namajunas as ineffective as possible in the TUF Finale but VanZant's wrestling is on nowhere near a similar level obviously with Esparza being an All-American wrestler.

I think Rose will submit her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The thing is Vanzant is gaining popularity in the UFC by the way she looks, I really doubt it will matter if she loses, yet at the same time it will boost the popularity of Rose who is also smoking hot

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

John Kavanagh and Ais Daly will be on Second Captains tonight.

It's a bit strange McGregor hasn't done any mainstream interviews since he won the interim bely in Ireland yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That_Guy wrote: »
    Not mine anyway. She out boxed him easily enough.
    Nothing against Pendred but this is probably the funniest thing I have read on this forum :pac:

UFC 195 for Duffy/Poirier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

UFC 195 for Duffy/Poirier.

Sweet, that card's shaping up nicely. Thought I heard this week that Duffy could have been out for longer depending on how bad his concussion was, but good to see he's alright and this fight can go ahead soon enough.

That stretch of UFC events between mid-December and mid-January is looking unbelievable as it is now, hopefully fight changes are kept to a minimum!

Front row Brian on Chaels podcast... Why oh why does this moron get airtime.

http://podcastone.com/chaelsonnen

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

ASOT wrote: »
    Front row Brian on Chaels podcast... Why oh why does this moron get airtime.

http://podcastone.com/chaelsonnen

Just a troll who makes himself relevant by using his fighter friends to break news. Constantly says how McGregor stole Sonnens "gimmick" and ripped him off to get where he is today yet says nothing when Sonnen does the the same and trademarks "Red Panty Night" and uses it to profit from selling t-shirts

DK224 wrote: »
    Just a troll who makes himself relevant by using his fighter friends to break news. Constantly says how McGregor stole Sonnens "gimmick" and ripped him off to get where he is today yet says nothing when Sonnen does the the same and trademarks "Red Panty Night" and uses it to profit from selling t-shirts

Yeah they mentioned that on the podcast, then Brian said Conor must have been reading his tweets from months ago on the TJ situation and basically slated him. Moron of the highest order

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah they mentioned that on the podcast, then Brian said Conor must have been reading his tweets from months ago on the TJ situation and basically slated him. Moron of the highest order
    Yeah he truly believes the world revolves around him! He considers himself to be a senior authority on the sport. If he had a fraction of the influence that he thinks he does he'd be dangerous!

Ronda was asked a question about Travis Browne in the media conference call today, the line "disconnected" due to a "technical difficulty". She didn't return for the duration of the call (40+ minutes). :pac:

6:30 in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Am I the only one who thinks that ronda comes off as a bit of a sh1thead?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Nothing against Pendred but this is probably the funniest thing I have read on this forum :pac:

Haha definitely deserves some sort of hall of fame status :P Brilliant stuff

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

She dealt with the question about her mam's comments about her coach in the media thing the other day fairly well I thought. She's on an arse kicking to nothing but compared to Belfort's reaction to the MMA hour she's done far better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

CatFromHue wrote: »
    She dealt with the question about her mam's comments about her coach in the media thing the other day fairly well I thought. She's on an arse kicking to nothing but compared to Belfort's reaction to the MMA hour she's done far better.

What did Belford do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement