Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

he was arranged to go on the monday's MMA hour last wednesday then when Ariel was checking on sunday if he was still ok his manager, who's his wife i think, started asking about the questions Ariel was going to ask. in the end Belfort's manager pulled him from the slot cause they didn't want him being asked certain questions.

that is exactly how you don't deal with things. at least now Ronda has answered the question about her mam and edmund. It mightn't have been a great answer or what the press want but it's been dealt with and she can move on, relatively speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What did Belford do?

His rep told Ariel be was not allowed ask about testostehonay. Ariel said he will ask whatever he wants and the rep replied saying Vitor will not be available for interview then and they are disappointed with Ariel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Paully D wrote: »
    Ronda was asked a question about Travis Browne in the media conference call today, the line "disconnected" due to a "technical difficulty". She didn't return for the duration of the call (40+ minutes). :pac:

6:30 in.

Was she even on it at the start?

Either way it just seems like an awful idea as you'd got a group of people on ****ty lines which are hard to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Mellor wrote: »

Christ that's frustrating, so much potential, way too injury prone. I hope he doesn't become the new tj grant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

This is beyond upsetting, feel so bad for the guy. But he needs to change camps asap AKA are killing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

ASOT wrote: »
    This is beyond upsetting, feel so bad for the guy. But he needs to change camps asap AKA are killing him.

Happened in Russia, he hasn't even gotten to AKA yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Tinie wrote: »
    Christ that's frustrating, so much potential, way too injury prone. I hope he doesn't become the new tj grant.

What the hell is happening with Grant anyway.

Out for 2 and a half years with concussion???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Depp wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks that ronda comes off as a bit of a sh1thead?

It is easy to forget how unlikable she is as a person when she is being PR'd to within an inch of her life but every now and again you see glimpses of it.
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    What the hell is happening with Grant anyway.

Out for 2 and a half years with concussion???

He's retired essentially. His concussion symptoms lasted a year I think and scared the crap out of him so hes not going to risk a repeat of that. Chris Holdsworth is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Davei141 wrote: »
    He's retired essentially. His concussion symptoms lasted a year I think and scared the crap out of him so hes not going to risk a repeat of that. Chris Holdsworth is the same.

Sickening for him.

On the verge of a title shot, to retired.

I remember it was dragging on a bit that he was still suffering symptoms and his return was on hold, but didn't realise he had actually been forced to make a decision.

• Advertisement

Khabib posted that he may never be back now. Man!
    I want to apologize to my fans. I broke my rib, and again I am out of the fight. I really wanted to come back, I'm not sure if i will ever come back. Thanks to my fans and my sponsors. Praise to Allah.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Khabib posted that he may never be back now. Man!

Christ, hardly just a rib injury so.

Cerrone has fought 6 times since Khabib beat RDA and RDA 5 times.

You'd wonder would Khabib even be the same fighter when he came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Davei141 wrote: »

There's a recent Radiolab episode about someone that got a concussion from a kitchen press and had symptoms for a long time.

It's surprising we don't see more fighters with long term concussions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Damn, was looking forward to Khabib vs Ferguson. Khabib would be champion by now if he wasn't made of glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Damn, was looking forward to Khabib vs Ferguson. Khabib would be champion by now if he wasn't made of glass.

You would have to wonder about his training partners though.

Some people are injury prone yes, but you should be able to adjust your level of training to get through camp in relatively one piece. The fact it keeps happening to him suggest to me he needs to change training tactics and partners. You really should not be picking up so many injuries in training.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Some people are injury prone yes, but you should be able to adjust your level of training to get through camp in relatively one piece. The fact it keeps happening to him suggest to me he needs to change training tactics and partners. You really should not be picking up so many injuries in training.

Maybe his body isnt able for the intensity of training. And if ir is, would he be able to make it through a fight injury free.

Unluckt run either way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Prob needs to stop doing camp in Russia. He hadn't even joined up with AKA yet, who themselves have a pretty terrible record with injuries.

I think it comes down to full contact sparring. In the future we'll see less and less injuries hopefully as fighters minimize the amount of hard sparring they do before a fight.

I don't see a guy like Aldo ever changing though, but that's why he's been injured so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Feel for the guy but I feel for myself too! I really wanted to see him fight live. He's a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Maybe his body isnt able for the intensity of training. And if ir is, would he be able to make it through a fight injury free.

Unluckt run either way

Well maybe he should not be training that intensely. At his level it should be about improving skills and keeping his body healthy and cardio up.

Hard sparring is a very old school method of training. Which in reality clocks up mileage on athletes body's and shortens careers, and I really don't see much reason to do it in a fight camp. Intelligent sparring certainly , but it should be working on timing and reflex , not trying to put your partner away.

It is a contact sport and injuries happen, but often people get carried away in training and fight instead of train. For example when you double leg someone you are normally in control as to how hard you bring that person down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Depp wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks that ronda comes off as a bit of a sh1thead?

To be honest I like her but if you're as famous as she is and you get into in a relationship with someone accused of domestic violence (while heavily criticising Floyd Mayweather for exactly the same thing) who is still actually married then it's fair game for questions IMO.

I'm sure the media will be getting their wrists slapped by the UFC now. Can't be having their golden girl upset, especially while she has been dropping an increased amount of stuff about the WWE of late.

• Advertisement

Excellent article from Big John about what he saw/was looking for in the Rory Robbie fight.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/big-john-mccarthy-discusses-reffing-brutal-bout-between-lawler-and-macdonald

Jones and DC going back and forth on twitter. They have agreed to meet at jacksons gym in new Mexico tomorrow to fight :pac:

Edit: ah DC is being all sensible booooooo

"I'm gonna be there but I need u to make it to the octagon, we don't wanna violate parole now do we :)@JonnyBones"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

That John McCarthy article is great. He really is the best of the best.

I love the idea of Jones and Cormier have a smoker in a gym but it's never gonna happen is it?

I think it's actually great promo between them. Jacksons new gym gets people down, dc and Jones gets media and fans down to see what happens, there might be a face off and footage then for the inevitable count down show. Everyones a winner. ....except if dc karate chops jobes throat again, then all bets are off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

So Khabib might be done for good, would be such a shame if so

Inor75hl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahhaahaaaa

Cruz "Happy Halloween from the "REAL" champ!"

https://instagram.com/p/9h32FBKIE2/

Anyone listen to the MMA hour?
    Meisha Tate was talking some tough stuff there :eek:

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Damn it!!

Injury bug is getting into the swing of things...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement