Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ronda's Mam is now just driving around and around and around the gym just in case Edmund steps out :D

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/11/3/9662800/ronda-rousey-coach-edmond-tarverdyan-bankrupt-ufc-news
    Ronda Rousey’s coach, Edmond Tarverdyan, has filed for bankruptcy claiming no personal income, no stake in Glendale Fighting Club and over $700,000 in debts.
    Tarverdyan lists his occupation as "Not Employed" while earning "$0.00" in gross wages, salary, tips, bonuses, and commissions and receiving "$0.00" in net income from operating a business, profession, or farm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Ronda's Mam is now just driving around and around and around the gym just in case Edmund steps out :D

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/11/3/9662800/ronda-rousey-coach-edmond-tarverdyan-bankrupt-ufc-news

I hope he enjoys jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CatFromHue wrote: »

Oh he is so fcuked. Tax evasion is clamped down on so hard over there, nobody believes for a second his income is $0.00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ASOT wrote: »
    I hope he enjoys jail.

He's not going to jail and he's not broke. He's trying to avoid paying debts he owes.

He's not going to jail and he's not broke. He's trying to avoid paying debts he owes.

No, he is absolutely going to jail unless he has powerful connections. Just reading through the breakdown of proceedings and laws in the article makes it pretty clear what he's at, and you just don't get away with tax evasion in the states. It also carries a longer sentence than much more serious crimes, similar to how drug traffickers here are given harsher sentences than murderers.

• Advertisement

He is 100000% going to jail for tax evasion.

He is 100000% going to jail for tax evasion.

No, he's not. You think he just wrote this thing himself and handed it in?
    He got legal advice from a tax lawyer, he was told to do this.
    He's trying to avoid paying unsecured debts and stop debtors from taking his property.

He's trying to avoid paying unsecured debts and stop debtors from taking his property.

Well see anyway, if it's true that he hasn't filed tax returns for years then I have no doubt in my mind he's going to jail. If the likes of Wesley Snipes and other big enough stars have gone to jail because of it he most certainly will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Maybe he should've paid for a better lawyer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Dtp1979 wrote: »

He'll be grand - "fifth amendment". ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Dtp1979 wrote: »

How? He earns $0 a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hazys wrote: »
    How? He earns $0 a year?

That was my point. I was taking the piss

He should really start selling peanut butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

He should really start selling peanut butter.

And charging Ronda for privates...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Depp wrote: »
    And charging Ronda for privates...

Download random photo off internet, charge people $1 a look at "Rhoda's privates"....instant millionaire :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That may the reason why he declared $0, to file bankruptcy, and get out of a debt. But the IRS won't give a **** tbh. Just because tax evasion wasn't his driving factor doesn't exclude the fact that he's declaring no income and hasn't filed a return in the years when his main fighter was earning millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

on an unrelated note anyone catch the fighter and the kid today? I almost died laughing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Is it just me or does this seem an easy match up for Kelvin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Oh he is so ****ed. Tax evasion is clamped down on so hard over there, nobody believes for a second his income is $0.00.

I am not a tax lawyer, but I mean come on.... really?.

Even if he reported only part of what he earned they probably would not investigate so deeply. But to declare you made nothing and are the coach to highest paid athlete on the UFC roster is just stupid.

All those UFC countdowns saying he is the head coach and owner of GFC will really come back to bite him in the ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Makes that seemingly unprompted abuse from Ronda's mom towards him look a little less unprompted I'd say.

Also explains Ronda's attempt to quietly pass it off and bemoan the 'timing' - I have a feeling mom knew exactly what she was doing raising Edmund's profile and getting some attention on him as the trustees investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

these new shirts are just...

12187798_1064218360257113_112446805598337407_n.jpg?oh=2cc7a981f90b69607b16d2d2419ead7c&oe=56B13D4A

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Lol
    sanford.gif

Is it just me or does this seem an easy match up for Kelvin?

Not at all imo, magny is 8-1 in his last 99, got absolutely Damien Maiad though which is nothing to be ashamed of.

Not at all imo, magny is 8-1 in his last 99, got absolutely Damien Maiad though which is nothing to be ashamed of.

Very tough opponent alright, he must be roided to the last to have had 91 no contests. :pac:

Maiad should be a verb.

"Oh sh*t, look at that triangle, dude got Maiad bro".

Maiad should be a verb.

"Oh sh*t, look at that triangle, dude got Maiad bro".

Maia is gonna get Nelsoned

Mellor wrote: »
    Maia is gonna get Nelsoned

If it stays on the feet yeah definitely, Gunni is one of my favourite fighters and I think he has one of the most "complete" games in the business, but I still think Maia has the edge on the ground.

I hope they don't just turn it into a grappling match and mix it up though.

As much as I'd love to see them grapple, too many people will make stupid comments calling it "boring" because they don't understand high level BJJ.

More often than not high level grapplers nulify each others game and we get a stand up match. But personally I'd dying to see this one on the ground. I think Gunni can take him, and it would be a huge statement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Watching Limitless the tv show from last night and Arlovski is in it - hes actually not that terrible in it either, not as wooden as I expected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement