Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Plus john is a smart guy, he understands how social media works and how these pictures and videos of his lifts will build interest/popularity/income

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JJayoo wrote: »
    To be honest there is zero reason for Jones not to be taking PEDs. They would allow him to train more and recover quicker and he isn't being tested

He hasn't actually been tested afaik, but he is still eligible to be tested. Wandi was banned over running from a test when he was suspended/unlicensed.
    I think under USADA rules, you need 6 months availability before returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I know those photos are post workout and he's gonna look bigger but it's still quite easy to see how much he's developed , arms, chest and shoulders are all considerably more developed and his core looks stronger/less body fat.

Also he wouldn't be hitting all those muscle groups in the one session, so they all wouldn't be pumped.

I'm certain when he walks out into the octagon we are going to see a very different looking Bones then we saw before.

To be honest there is zero reason for Jones not to be taking PEDs. They would allow him to train more and recover quicker and he isn't being tested

There are loads of reasons.

He's already cleaned out the division without PED's (as far as we know), why would he start now? He was already miles ahead of everyone in the division, technically and physically.

He is just back after being cut after some of the stupidest sh*t ever. He should realise how lucky he is. Why in the world would he risk it? If he got caught doping or anything came out, that's his career over. Dana doesn't do 3rd chances, he'd have to fight bums over at Bellator for the rest of his career.

It would destroy his legacy, which imo is that of the p4p greatest fighter in mma history.

Lukker- wrote: »
    There are loads of reasons.

He's already cleaned out the division without PED's (as far as we know), why would he start now? He was already miles ahead of everyone in the division, technically and physically.

He is just back after being cut after some of the stupidest sh*t ever. He should realise how lucky he is. Why in the world would he risk it? If he got caught doping or anything came out, that's his career over. Dana doesn't do 3rd chances, he'd have to fight bums over at Bellator for the rest of his career.

Like I said it would allow him to train more and recover faster, plus jones has had very suspect test results in the past. Before thethe DC fight his testosterone levels came back as being equal to that of a young girl which seems a bit odd for a stud athlete

And
    He is just back after being cut after some of the stupidest sh*t ever. He should realise how lucky he is. Why in the world would he risk it

you could have said the same thing after he
    Tested positive for coke
    Crashed his car while drunk in 2012
    Started throwing punches at DC during the staredown
    Was caught lying to NSAC about why he lost his Nike sponsorship

• Advertisement

In regards to the pic comparison above, compare these two pics, in which jones is dehydrated to make weight, to the Jones pic in the gym.

246215B100000578-0-image-a-1_1420274754717.jpg

jon-jones.jpg?w=737&h=613

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Like I said it would allow him to train more and recover faster, plus jones has had very suspect test results in the past. Before thethe DC fight his testosterone levels came back as being equal to that of a young girl which seems a bit odd for a stud athlete

And

you could have said the same thing after he
    Tested positive for coke
    Crashed his car while drunk in 2012
    Started throwing punches at DC during the staredown
    Was caught lying to NSAC about why he lost his Nike sponsorship

Test levels being low could literally be anything.
    He could have just finished a double session in the gym, he might not have slept, he might have just finished mounting a gaggle of groupies or having a peddle.

Test levels being low could literally be anything.
    He could have just finished a double session in the gym, he might not have slept, he might have just finished mounting a gaggle of groupies or having a peddle.

Exactly and the fact that he had coke in his system which only takes about 48-72 hours to leave your system means he was very likely up late and possibly having sex with hookers.

Also urine tests are less accurate and the whole competency of the testers was called into question when they mixed up the solutions and tested for coke instead of whatever PED they were meant to test for.

It's definitely something to watch out for and I'm sure he'll be tested extensively under new regulations but it's not enough to accuse him IMO. Or else DC and everyone he's fought would have called him on it by now.

I know those photos are post workout and he's gonna look bigger but it's still quite easy to see how much he's developed , arms, chest and shoulders are all considerably more developed and his core looks stronger/less body fat.

Also he wouldn't be hitting all those muscle groups in the one session, so they all wouldn't be pumped.

I'm certain when he walks out into the octagon we are going to see a very different looking Bones then we saw before.
    I don't think he meant that he hasn't developed at all. Just that people have a tendency to overestimate size/changes. It's pretty easy to hit chest, arms shoulders in one session. A single compound lift like (incline) bench press will do that.
    Again, he is clear hitting the gym hard. But he's still very much a LHW. He'd need to start looking like Ubereem before being forced to HW.
    Jayroo wrote:
    Before thethe DC fight his testosterone levels came back as being equal to that of a young girl which seems a bit odd for a stud athlete
    That's pretty normal during fight camp.
    They monitor urine levels which fluctuate like crazy. First thing in the morning, dark orange piss will be more than crystal clear piss after 2 litres at training.

The NSAC released the results of all the tests in the lead up to 189. And the fluctuation for a single fighter over 4 or 5 tests is crazy. After that I relised that urine levels are meaningless, the only valid test is the CIR test for synthetic hormones.

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't think he meant that he hasn't developed at all. Just that people have a tendency to overestimate size/changes. It's pretty easy to hit chest, arms shoulders in one session. A single compound lift like (incline) bench press will do that.
    Again, he is clear hitting the gym hard. But he's still very much a LHW. He'd need to start looking like Ubereem before being forced to HW.

Oh I know that comparison was just something I pulled from reddit so it was ovbiosuly exaggerated.

He usually has nominal weight cuts though so he always looks healthy at weigh ins.

He's walking around maybe 15 pounds heavier then before and looks to have lower BF too. So he's definitely going to make a bigger cut then before, which if he's never done it's up in the air how his body will react.

I just think it's within the realms of possibility that if wanted to he could try and be a 2 division champ.

• Advertisement

He's walking around maybe 15 pounds heavier then before and looks to have lower BF too.
    This is basically my point about people overestimating size. He's nowhere near 15lbs bigger.
    He weight was reported as 225lbs right now. That's pretty much the same weight that he was before (out of camp). Pic from last year.
    He posted this to twitter two weeks ago, said he was 226lbs. He does't look as massive without the flattering lighting.

If he is leaner now, that makes cutting easier. More muscle = more water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

In his latest Instagram post he basically confirmed himself v DC for April, Said "I'll be sure to be at my best April 23rd".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yeah that's the date for New York but I'm not hopeful about it getting legalised

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah that's the date for New York but I'm not hopeful about it getting legalised

I hope it won't be.

I'm in New York about a week before the proposed event so I'm being entirely selfish!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have Sky. Can someone point me to the best way to order McGregor-Aldo? I don't have BT or Setanta on my package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

walshb wrote: »
    I have Sky. Can someone point me to the best way to order McGregor-Aldo? I don't have BT or Setanta on my package.

You need the setanta sports pack with BT sports, you have to call them or visit the setanta site to subscribe

srumball wrote: »
    You need the setanta sports pack with BT sports, you have to call them or visit the setanta site to subscribe

Thanks. I hope they let you subscribe for a month only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Options are. One off payment on UFC fight pass which is priced between £9.99 or £12.99 atm.

http://www.ufc.tv/events < here

Other legit option is get a sub for one of the channels you know are gonna show it for 1 month. Probably would cost around the same.

Thanks. I hope they let you subscribe for a month only.

Think the minimum is 2 months at 13ish a month.

They used to give a 1 month trial for €1.

Thanks for the help, guys. Appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭xtal191

Can you not buy it and watch it live on youtube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

If you time it right you could get 5 events on a 1 month tv sub (3 Vegas events ending with 194, RDA V Cowboy & 195 Lawler/Condit)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Think Setanta is a two month minimum contract with a cancellation fee, so keep that in mind. I've been on it 2 years and it's well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Just get it on ufc.TV on your laptop and hook it up to your TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Keep in mind that the Online stream is roughly a minute or two behind the TV feed. In other words don't watch it on Fight Pass and be on twitter at the same time.

I've decided to get 2 months of setanta, it's only €26 total and with that I'll get a shedload of UFC as well as a load of soccer over the holidays (I've a month off from mid december :o).

Ordering now so I can watch Juve vs Milan at 7.45 and then watch the Mexico City Fight Night event tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

ps3man wrote: »
    Keep in mind that the Online stream is roughly a minute or two behind the TV feed. In other words don't watch it on Fight Pass and be on twitter at the same time.

Yep, WhatsApp was quite a bit ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've decided to get 2 months of setanta, it's only €26 total and with that I'll get a shedload of UFC as well as a load of soccer over the holidays (I've a month off from mid december :o).

Ordering now so I can watch Juve vs Milan at 7.45 and then watch the Mexico City Fight Night event tonight.

Setanta is the best value sports pack out there, a no-brainer for any UFC fan too. How did you get 2 months for €26 though? Is it a new sign-up offer? I'm with them ages and the best I can get off them is €17 a month on offer.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Setanta is the best value sports pack out there, a no-brainer for any UFC fan too. How did you get 2 months for €26 though? Is it a new sign-up offer? I'm with them ages and the best I can get off them is €17 a month on offer.

€12.99 per month for 2 months.

https://secure.setantasubs.com/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/11/22/9775750/ronda-rousey-coach-edmond-tarverdyan-misses-creditor-meeting-ufc-news

Looks like Dec 9 will be an interesting date for Edmond's bankruptcy case......if he shows up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement