Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Jones is probably one of the few that are naturally talented and one the few that stood up to the UFC. It's gonna be interesting to see how Dana reacts to this interview, he said some bad stuff bout the vitor fight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Man that was a great interview! DC is gonna get an awful spanking.

He was very polished but I felt like when he was talking about DC he was doing it naturally and off the cuff.

Some of the "I've really grown" and "learned so much" stuff just didn't seem to be natural and almost saying it just to just say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

You'd never guess the guy has 3 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JJayoo wrote: »
    You'd never guess the guy has 3 kids.

Yup, 3 daughters

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Looks like Henricks staying at 170.
    I thought Dana said it wouldn't happen??

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/johny-hendricks-to-leave-team-takedown-still-wants-to-fight-tyron-

Henricks vs Woodley is still a fight I want to see

Hendricks was also offered the Gastulum fight but the timing didn't suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Anyone have any idea how I can watch the Mendes/Edgar fight? Also on the UFC website It says It's on December 12th But I was sure It was the night before Aldo/McGregor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Anyone have any idea how I can watch the Mendes/Edgar fight? Also on the UFC website It says It's on December 12th But I was sure It was the night before Aldo/McGregor?

On TV/stream/fight pass? If you're looking at the UK UFC website then its at like 3am on the 12th

Devastator wrote: »
    On TV/stream/fight pass? If you're looking at the UK UFC website then its at like 3am on the 12th

3am on the 12th Is Aldo/McGregor, I'm wondering about the Mendes/Edgar fight which Isn't on TV as far as I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

3am on the 12th Is Aldo/McGregor, I'm wondering about the Mendes/Edgar fight which Isn't on TV as far as I know?

3am on the 12th is Saturday morning which is Edgar/Mendes. 3am on the 13th is Sunday morning which is Aldo/McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

When McGregor is fighting it'll be the 13th over here.

Here's the Edgar mendes event.
    http://www.ufc.tv/video/tuf-22-finale

• Advertisement

3am on the 12th is Saturday morning which is Edgar/Mendes. 3am on the 13th is Sunday morning which is Aldo/McGregor.
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    When McGregor is fighting it'll be the 13th over here.

Here's the Edgar mendes event.
    http://www.ufc.tv/video/tuf-22-finale

Thanks lads. Is this the only way to watch the fight? It's great for 8 quid but I would prefer to watch It on the tele as opposed to my laptop.

Thanks lads. Is this the only way to watch the fight? It's great for 8 quid but I would prefer to watch It on the tele as opposed to my laptop.

HDMI connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Can you Chromecast ufc.tv?

dave1982 wrote: »
    HDMI connection?

Can't get It to work on my TV, It's cool I'll just bring the laptop around to a friends or something. Wonder why It's not on BT?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Saipanne wrote: »
    Can you Chromecast ufc.tv?

Yep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Edgar v Mendes is on bt.

Can't get It to work on my TV, It's cool I'll just bring the laptop around to a friends or something. Wonder why It's not on BT?

You probably just need update hdmi port or set video to the tv, ctrl+alt+p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pendred has just retired from MMA on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Wow Pendred. Top bloke much respect.

• Advertisement

reached his potential so the right call imo, n mma making it to the ufc is something most fighters can only dream about so having 4 or 5 fights and winning some (controversially) fair play to him not the most stylish but great heart good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The GOAT goes out at the top of his game! :pac:

Much respect though, he clearly lost his passion for the sport and decided he'd rather switch career while he's young and healthy. He has a degree as well so he might want to go into a job in his field.

He is opening up a franchise of the healthy cafe type thing called chopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I wish him all the best with his next chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Fair play to him. Not too many fighters can see clearly that they're not good enough. And with the amount of punishment he takes in fights, this is the best thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Fair play to him. Not too many fighters can see clearly that they're not good enough. And with the amount of punishment he takes in fights, this is the best thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Well I hope you're all very proud of yourselves....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

At least we don't have to listen to Rogan call him Cahawl anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Jaysus he wasn't that bad. A year off and train in a boxing club would do him no harm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If your hearts not in it anymore then there is no point trying to improve.

I wish him the best of luck. I hope internet trolls had no influence on his decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement