Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

If his heart/head isn't in it he's not going to get any better, which lets be honest, he really needed to in some areas. He's quite young though, he could make a comeback at some point if he finds a renewed love for the sport.
    Gamebred wrote: »
    He is opening up a franchise of the healthy cafe type thing called chopped.

Funny :D

https://twitter.com/MMARoasted/status/669604120509071361

• Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Best of Luck Cathal! Will never forget your epic win in Dublin last year

369733.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

After all his CM Punk antics, it was nice of CM to acknowledge his decision

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

After all his CM Punk antics, it was nice of CM to acknowledge his decision
    I don't know too much about SM Punk, but he appears quite petty and self centred on social media. I don't think he offer any Cathal any sort of respect, but hopefully he doesn't say anything stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't know too much about SM Punk, but he appears quite petty and self centred on social media. I don't think he offer any Cathal any sort of respect, but hopefully he doesn't say anything stupid.

He literally just retweeted Cathal's tweet with the caption "respect".

From anything I've seen of the guy on social media or in interviews he comes across as a really likeable person. No idea where you're getting your view from other than when Cathal decided to have a go at him and he played the "I'm rich, who the feck are you" card, which was deserved in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He literally just retweeted Cathal's tweet with the caption "respect".

From anything I've seen of the guy on social media or in interviews he comes across as a really likeable person. No idea where you're getting your view from other than when Cathal decided to have a go at him and he played the "I'm rich, who the feck are you" card, which was deserved in fairness.

Well that's me surprised.

As for where I got that view, ther was some psot a while back on here with some snips from his twitter feed. CM Punk losing his chit with people over tiny stuff. Nothing to do with Cathal or any fighter. He jsut stuck me as incredibly think skinned at the time.

But I don't really pay him a whole lot of attention

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Good thing he retired before his name got tarnished :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Can anyone recommend some good MMA podcasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Petermc83

SevereMMA & MMA Beat would be my favourites.

Brendan Schaub has one and also Joe Rogan.... but theres not enough time in the day to listen to them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Fighter and the Kid is the Schaub one well worth a listen. MMA hour obviously another that is worth a listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The fighter and the kid isn't really a fight podcast like mma hour, it's a general entertainment thing with a bit of fight talk. Same with JRE. Both are interesting though and I'm subscribed to both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

The Fighter and the Kid video of them watching McGregor Mendes is very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Saipanne wrote: »
    The Fighter and the Kid video of them watching McGregor Mendes is very funny.

Pretty sure that was Joe Rogans Fight Companion; Callen and Schuab there all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭xtal191

Can anyone recommend some good MMA podcasts?

MMA Beat, Luke Thomas live chat (both on mmafighting https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4f1JueVgo5t9HSmobCRPug) and 5 Rounds with Robin Black (thefightnetwork https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFightNetwork/videos) would be my favourites.

Joe Rogan Experience and Schaubs Fight and the Kid podcasts can be good but I wouldn't bother with them if you're looking for just MMA stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If you go on the MMA sub-reddit most decent clips from JRE about MMA get posted there. (along with other podcasts)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I've tried most MMA podcasts by now, but The Co-Main Event Podcast is by far the best, Ben Fowlkes from MMAJunkie and Chad Dundas from bleacher report. Two excellent talkers and extremely funny, highly recommended

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Joe Duffy ‏@Duffy_MMA 11 hrs11 hours ago
    #tbt 5 years today we were weighing in for @cagewarriors 39 #intensitifm #asportek #nutritionfitplus

https://www.instagram.com/p/-jObbRkwHZ/

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I like Larry pepe, promma radio. I think prob one of most honest presenter. Not afraid to bash Dana. Really went off cro cop thing and Dana covering up vitors testosterone levels for the Jones fight.

Not sure if he even has ufc credentials he's never at pressers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

No love for the Anik & Florian podcast? That's my new favourite- think mma hour but way shorter. Fighter & Kid is ok but barely any mma talk on it anymore. Rogans isn't really an mma podcast either except when he has a fighter on as a guest. Severe Mma podcast is pretty good as well- only started listening to it a month ago but I'm enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

The Sherdog Beatdown Roundtables before a big event are usually pretty good, something to listen to beforehand to get hyped or just kill time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Severe MMA podcast is very good. I only started listening to the last few episodes. As a limerick man I enjoy hearing Sean's Limerickisims - so used to listening to Californian based podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Having the misfortune of sitting through Klitschko v Fury tonight. With the rate that MMA is growing at, surely it's going to surpass boxing in the future?

Though Klitschko and Fury sharing a $20m PPV purse probably says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Paully D wrote: »
    Having the misfortune of sitting through Klitschko v Fury tonight. With the rate that MMA is growing at, surely it's going to surpass boxing in the future?

Why are you complaining? It's 7 rounds in and they surely have landed 12 punches between them both

Paully D wrote: »

It was shocking bad. I can't imagine mma ever surpassing it though I think it's just too technical for a lot of people to appreciate. Boxings simplicity is one it's reasons for enduring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

jimmii wrote: »
    It was shocking bad. I can't imagine mma ever surpassing it though I think it's just too technical for a lot of people to appreciate. Boxings simplicity is one it's reasons for enduring.

Sorry, but that is just pish.

bur wrote: »
    Sorry, but that is just pish.

Why do you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

a friend said to me last night he wants mma to split strikers and grapplers . His logic the ground game is boring aand he rather watch a modified kickboxing fight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

a friend said to me last night he wants mma to split strikers and grapplers . His logic the ground game is boring aand he rather watch a modified kickboxing fight

Tell him to watch Glory so.

• Advertisement

lol what did you say to that or did you assume they must be joking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement