Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Makwan Amirkhani has left Allstars Sweden and apparently wants to train at SBG now. That'd be good news, cool fella and a big talent.

He seems like a great personality and seriously talented! Has he fought in ages? I've liked him a lot since his debut :D

Edit

https://twitter.com/MakwanAmirkhani/status/671468318042292224

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Unreal news, Mr. Finland will be a future title contender with SBG I reckon, and his press conference skills are up there with the best of them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

So Amir Khan(i) wants to train in SBG(i) Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

stephenl15 wrote: »
    He seems like a great personality and seriously talented! Has he fought in ages? I've liked him a lot since his debut :D

Edit

https://twitter.com/MakwanAmirkhani/status/671468318042292224
    He seems like a great prospect. Lot of promise.

Has mentioned in his press conferences with MMARoasted that he would smash McGregor. A match up I would like to see sometime down the line all things going well for Makwan.
    John Kavanah initially seems to be open to it.
    https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/671434436357976064

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The crazy feck has unfollowed everyone except for UFC, JK, Conor and SBG Ireland :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The crazy feck has unfollowed everyone except for UFC, JK, Conor and SBG Ireland :pac:

He follows conor now? It was just the 3 when I checked :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yup. All 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

A sound bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Absolutely delighted, Amirkahni is a beast and a gent. Bought his mam a bed after he won his first fight :pac: now all SBG need is Yair Rodriguez and it'll gave three of the most exciting fighters in the UFC.

Here we go!! Your first three fights for UFC Fight Night London!! Bisping vs. Mousasi, Wilkinson vs. Amirkhani and Parke vs. Khabilov!

Well, Bisping wants a challenge, he got it. Poor ol Mike. Will still be rooting for him though. Khabilov is gonna maul Parke and Mr. Finland Ireland is gonna wreck Wilkinson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hahah this is savage news! Can't wait to see him floating around Dublin and the gym. What a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Have never seen any videos from this channel posted before, brill channel

The presenters at 3.03 are such gimps.

Reebok have a new tshirt out for Anderson Aldo. That guy sounds like a beast!

Edit: even if they got it right, such an awful tshirt

o8w5nGn.png

Reebok have a new tshirt out for Anderson Aldo. That guy sounds like a beast!

Couldn't believe it till I read it. That's so many mistakes they've made already. First Giblert, Marcio Machida, Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (mixed up the first name with the nickname), the Koscheck kit right as he signs for Bellator, that ridiculous divided Ireland t-shirt, the USA McGregor hoodie, and now this.

That is a serious list of mistakes.

:pac:

image.png

image.png

It's actually shocking jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

ASOT wrote: »
    It's actually shocking jesus Christ

its official, reebok hate money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

They have to be doing this on purpose.

T-shirts pass from design stage to printing stage then they get models to wear then bring in photographer after that it's sent to someone to edit and upload to their website. I assume UFC get to see them before they go on sale ?

Surely someone says along the way, "here lads ****ing wrong name on these"

dave1982 wrote: »

T-shirts pass from design stage to printing stage then they get models to wear then bring in photographer after that it's sent to someone to edit and upload to their website. I assume UFC get to see them before they go on sale ?

I was thinking that, like the way Starbucks purposely misspell names for free advertising, but that just wouldn't cut it for Reebok, because it's having such a negative effect.

Must all be an elaborate prank from Scott Coker. :pac:

• Advertisement

Well everybody is talking about reebok and the UFC. It's obviously a marketing gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I assume UFC get to see them before they go on sale ?
    I really doubt they do tbh. Reebok are probably just pumping these out from a factory in China. Even if the UFC hired a person to liase with Reebok, it's probably a procurement officer with no actually MMA knowledge.

Our company hired Reebok to make our uniforms and they've been awful to deal with. Just terrible quality, and extremely slow. It's been 12 months and still don't have them, we had to reject the first batch that came in months late). I'm not surprised that the stuff they are rushing through for the UFC contract is full of mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

The tricolour in all it's glory.

AJ9040_01.jpg?sw=550&sfrm=jpg

Holy Jaysus they're really trying to save on the colour ink aren't they!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I kinda want these wonky tshirts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

JJayoo wrote: »
    I kinda want these wonky tshirts :)

There were some great pisstake designs of the stick figures that i wish were real.

zkeaNjg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sage Northcutt has left Tristar, 8 days out from his fight against Cody Pfister:

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/12/2/9836576/ufc-fight-night-80-sage-northcutt-pulled-from-tristar-ahead-cody-pfister-fight-dec-10-mma
    During a recent trip to the famed Tristar Gym in Montreal, Northcutt began tiring after a few days. He has cardio for days—he can run a sub-five-minute mile, and his father says he can fight five five-minute rounds without breaking a sweat—but the pace of Tristar’s training was more than he was used to handling.

That difference in training style is why Northcutt won’t be utilizing Tristar to prepare for his December 10 fight against Cody Pfister. His father is worried about allowing Sage to go to Canada without being there to monitor him. He’s afraid Sage would return from training without his usual levels of energy, and that could affect him greatly in the fight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

More on the Reebok gear
    In the latest of wardrobe gaffes involving official UFC apparel, the UFC’s online store offers a t-shirt that advertises Conor McGregor as the man who “has defeated Chad Mendes for the Featherweight Title Champion!”
    “As Heavyweight champ Ryan ‘Darth’ Bader’s #1 fan, it’s only right for you to give him a shout-out as UFC’s newest champ,” the attached copy reads. “At UFC 192, Heavyweight champ ‘Darth’ Bader boldly defended his title against contender Rashad Evans in a brutal battle nobody will forget! Celebrate his huge victory with this Champion tee. Remind everyone around who’s #1!”

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/ufc-store-mcgregor-wins-featherweight-title-ryan-bader-heavyweight-champ

Sounds like the kids in the third world who are making these jerseys are also designing them!

Paully D wrote: »

Sounds like daddy is the boss there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

His father has a very shady past was caught with 20 kilos of cocaine alleged steroid dealer too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement