Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Gamebred wrote: »
    His father has a very shady past was caught with 20 kilos of cocaine alleged steroid dealer too.

I doubt he'd had anything to do with steroids

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I doubt he'd had anything to do with steroids

;) Exactly.
    He's a bodybuilder who owns a supplement company. Literally the first person I'd go to if I needed steroids.
    Paully D wrote: »

But I'm sure the bodybuilder knows better than Firas Zahabi :rolleyes:
    The speculation will be rife with this one. Something, something, couldn't get his PEDs across the border.

Cowboy Cerrone granted a TUE to use IV for his upcoming fight with RDA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Sage is too squeaky clean I knew there would be skeletons in the closet,I do wonder if hes been tested by usada.

Sage is too squeaky clean I knew there would be skeletons in the closet,I do wonder if hes been tested by usada.

Yes. 3 times according to USADA test history

CTpocNOVAAAw_nO.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

487ba290-1516-0132-70cb-0add9426c766.gif?

His father has a very shady past was caught with 20 kilos of cocaine alleged steroid dealer too.

Yup, and he set-up a lawyer, Mike Wilson, in order to be let off.
    The next morning, Mike returned to the hotel carrying a canvas bag. Moments after entering Room 909, he left again. As he walked toward the parking lot, a handful of armed DEA agents descended on him. Mike was arrested and booked on two federal drug charges. In the bag; twenty-one pounds of cocaine, with an estimated value of $242,000. A little later, DEA agents also arrested John White as he tried to enter the room. Mike was charged with taking the cocaine in lieu of legal fees to represent thirty-year-old Mark Monroe Northcutt. Known in gyms around the state as a steroid dealer, Northcutt was a body builder and power lifter who had been arrested six months before in Houston for possession of twenty-five kilos of cocaine. After his arrest, he had called a Dallas body builder named John Hoffman, whom Mike was representing on steroid charges, and asked his opinion of Wilson, apparently at the instigation of the DEA. "I loved Mike," Hoffman says. Northcutt agreed to set up Wilson. He made audio tapes of conversations with Mike, saying that he wanted the lawyer to represent him, but he had no money, only "product" that Mike could use. On one tape, Mike reportedly says, "I can’t do that; then I’d gel in trouble, too." During a phone call Northcutt taped with Hoffman, Northcutt complains that he can’t get Mike to come to Houston or answer his phone calls. Wilson, meanwhile, had asked another body builder friend. Keith Rowe, his opinion of Northcutt. Rowe told him: "A con from the word go." He warned Mike to be careful. "When [Wilson] was arrested, I knew instantly it was Northcutt, working his case off" Rowe says. Rowe says he can believe many things about Wilson, but not that he intended to sell the cocaine. "He wouldn’t deal drugs- never," Rowe says. "But he got screwed up on that ****."

Mellor wrote: »

CTpocNOVAAAw_nO.jpg

Insert caption "FATHER/SON QUALITY TIME"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

CTpocNOVAAAw_nO.jpg

Jesus. He needs to work on dem forearms big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

You are right, the lad has really let himself go. Terrible shape all together.

• Advertisement

Kur4mA wrote: »

Ye just know right well that he did 200 bicep curls before that pic was taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Cowboy Cerrone granted a TUE to use IV for his upcoming fight with RDA.

Yeah he said that a few weeks back in what sounded like a telephone interview. He said its because he's missing part of his stomach and a big chunk of his intestines(they were removed after an accident apparently) and his body does not process food & drink normally. He said thats why he can drink beers after weigh ins and stuff aswell.

Yeah it was a quad bike accident I think. Or some thing equally cowboyish. So he genuinely can't rehydrate properly orally.

Yeah it was a quad bike accident I think. Or some thing equally cowboyish. So he genuinely can't rehydrate properly orally.

yeah thats probably right. I think he did say what the accident was during the interview but I wasn't sure. I was thinking car accident then thought, nah thats not wild enough. Motorbike? aahhhh stuff it, I cant remember, I'll just go with accident :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Think it might've been a problem with his liver...

showtime-ko.gif

;)

RDA talks about Cowboys IV use
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/12/2/9837498/ufc-fox-17-rda-vs-donald-cerrone-champ-unhappy-iv-clearance-usada-testing-mma-news

the following link was in that article. Its from a few years ago about Cowboy talking about his guts
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Despite-Intestinal-Problems-Donald-Cerrone-Insisted-on-Fighting-Jeremy-Stephens-43035

Even though I like Cowboy and realise the medial problems he's had I still can't help but feel this is an unfair advantage. TRT has been banned completely even for fighters who may have genuinely(not through previous steriod use) needed it for medical reasons, in my mind this is the same principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Devastator wrote: »
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/12/2/9837498/ufc-fox-17-rda-vs-donald-cerrone-champ-unhappy-iv-clearance-usada-testing-mma-news

the following link was in that article. Its from a few years ago about Cowboy talking about his guts
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Despite-Intestinal-Problems-Donald-Cerrone-Insisted-on-Fighting-Jeremy-Stephens-43035

Even though I like Cowboy and realise the medial problems he's had I still can't help but feel this is an unfair advantage. TRT has been banned completely even for fighters who may have genuinely(not through previous steriod use) needed it for medical reasons, in my mind this is the same principle.

The rule should be that if Cowboy is allowed to use it, his opponent should be able to as well.

Simple and fair.

Devastator wrote: »

TRT was abused my everyone. And it was easy to fake low test. I don't considering that to be a real reason for needing it.
    I don't think anyone' reason for TRT was completely genuine (inc Bigfoot).

Some people will say Cowboy has an unfair advantage, but just allowing him to rehydrate similar everyone else.
    That's the point of a TUE.
    A better comparison would be letting an asthmatic use asthma medicine (a lot are banned).

Saipanne wrote: »
    The rule should be that if Cowboy is allowed to use it, his opponent should be able to as well.

Simple and fair.
    But that wouldn't be fair because RDA can then hydrate orally and IV. Which would be an advantage.

It would be "fair" if RDA had half his stomach and intestines removed, abd then got on the IV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

But that wouldn't be fair because RDA can then hydrate orally and IV. Which would be an advantage.

It would be "fair" if RDA had half his stomach and intestines removed, abd then got on the IV.

Which would be absurd. My way is slightly more normal.

So, as it stands Cowboy gets the advantage. Fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Conor saying he has brought someone in to help with weight to help with the ban. Wonder who it is ? Dolce?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

When was the last UFC Unification bout?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

MagicIRL wrote: »
    When was the last UFC Unification bout?
    Werdum v Velasquez earlier this year. The interim champ bet the head off the actual!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Werdum v Velasquez earlier this year. The interim champ bet the head off the actual!

Of course!! Completely forgot that happened. Could be argued the champ never even turned up ;):D

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Of course!! Completely forgot that happened. Could be argued the champ never even turned up ;):D

He did, he was the guy getting the head bet off him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Conor saying he has brought someone in to help with weight to help with the ban. Wonder who it is ? Dolce?

I'd imagine it was a nutritionist in Ireland since he did the majority of his camp here.

Anyway he looks the leanest I've seen him this early on, looks like it'll be a much easier weight cut.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Next Thursday at 10 an RTE show on MMA.

TRT was abused my everyone. And it was easy to fake low test. I don't considering that to be a real reason for needing it.
    I don't think anyone' reason for TRT was completely genuine (inc Bigfoot).

Some people will say Cowboy has an unfair advantage, but just allowing him to rehydrate similar everyone else.
    That's the point of a TUE.
    A better comparison would be letting an asthmatic use asthma medicine (a lot are banned).

I don't understand the asthma comparison at all tbh. IVs are just purely fluid right with no medication whereas its asthma medication. Am I missing something?

Yes TRT was abused which is why it was banned, which is exactly what I see happening with IVs is Cowboy is allowed an exemption to the rule. Now saying RDA could have his stomach & intestines removed is obviously extreme but I bet there are a lot of fighters who are looking into excuses with their digestive systems to say they need to use IVs too, so it won't be long until its being overly abused aswell. There are people who suffer from slow digestion or slow emptying of the stomach, they could argue they're not able to orally hydrate because they can not take in enough fliuds properly

My earlier comparison was basically to say if nobody's allowed TRT because its hard to determine who actually needs it, then its the same as IV use and it should be banned for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Cowboy can only take in about half the water RDA can in the same amount of time. I don't see what's hard to understand about it. TUE are to balance the playing field not to give someone an advantage. It's up to USADA and a doctor to determine what that is and I think they've been doing a good job so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

If it's about levelling the playing field then Nick Newell should been given a TUE to allow him to use a mechanical claw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement