Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Depp wrote: »
    Usada have a fairly solid test for IV usage it picks up a particular plastic compound from the bags and tubes that are used for the IV fluid and also blood aswel. the test has been used and perfected in cycling and other sports for years.
    They had a test, but I don't think it's usable, inc in cycling. The same plastic traces are left from food, water bottles, condoms, etc. They tried to use it to convict Contador but it was thrown out of evidence. (They got him on other grounds).
    I can't see how it'll work in MMA as 50ml IV bags are legal, and obviously leave trace plastic too. Maybe there's a reference level. But I don't think it was on the blood results I seen.

Beersmith wrote: »
    Tibau suspended by USADA, huge shock NOT!
    This another in a long line of obvious busts. If they do t catch somebody really unsuspected soon I'm going to start thinking the sport is cleaning up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

He said he didn't intentionally take epo.

I wonder what he thought he was taking? :D

EPO kinda ruins the whole "obviously juiced to the gills" part though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Wee warmup to next week's epic Vegas fight marathon, Chaos Fighting Championships 15 in Derry tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Just checked the BT sports guide for the coming week.
    VanZant v Rose doesn't seem to be on it, will this be updated or is it not going to be shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just checked the BT sports guide for the coming week.
    VanZant v Rose doesn't seem to be on it, will this be updated or is it not going to be shown?

Exclusive to Fight Pass. Should be on 3e on the Monday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

martyos121 wrote:
    Exclusive to Fight Pass. Should be on 3e on the Monday though.

I take it Mendes v Edgar is the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I take it Mendes v Edgar is the same?

Nope, TUF Finale is on BT Sport, just checked the guide. That's a pretty important card though, was always likely to make television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

martyos121 wrote: »
    Nope, TUF Finale is on BT Sport, just checked the guide. That's a pretty important card though, was always likely to make television.

Was always guaranteed to be shown on Btsport. It would be all kinds of stupid for them to show the whole TUF series then not bother for the finale :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Devastator wrote: »
    Was always guaranteed to be shown on Btsport. It would be all kinds of stupid for them to show the whole TUF series then not bother for the finale :D

The same applies to Setanta Ireland they are actually showing the Finale LIVE; Also listed directly after 6-6:30am is McGregor/Mendes if people want to watch that bout for the 17th time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

The same applies to Setanta Ireland they are actually showing the Finale LIVE; Also listed directly after 6-6:30am is McGregor/Mendes if people want to watch that bout for the 17th time :p

They have the weigh in's live as well for UFC 194.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MMA Hour is stacked tomorrow. JK to talk Conor, Makwan to announce his move to SBG, Sean to big up Limerick and Chad to complain how he only had 2 weeks for 189. I really hope he doesn't mention Conor's name without Ariel bringing it up.

Tomorrow on #themmahour: @joannamma @chadmendes @John_Kavanagh @raylongomma @MakwanAmirkhani @SpaniardMMA & @guicruzzz vs. @SeanSheehanBA! Also Tyson Fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rogan's podcast with Mighty Mouse last week is a good listen:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ronda's exclusive interview with ESPN below.

She confirms she's staying with Edmund and in what is a very bad look for her it's mentioned that she has been seeing Travis Browne since April, quite a bit of time before he and his wife split.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/espnwrousey/in-exclusive-interview-ronda-rousey-says-not-losing-holly-holm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paully D wrote: »

She confirms she's staying with Edmund and in what is a very bad look for her it's mentioned that she has been seeing Travis Browne since April, quite a bit of time before he and his wife split.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/espnwrousey/in-exclusive-interview-ronda-rousey-says-not-losing-holly-holm

She ain't getting that belt back if she doesn't move camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Paully D wrote: »

'Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear' ~ Bruce Lee.. I think the Edmond situation could change very quickly (I hope it does anyway).

As regards Travis Browne and his marriage, it must have been in a bad place if Rousey and Browne was doing the wild thing during it.. I really don't care about other peoples love/sex lives but it can't have been good for her camp if she was dating a man through a separation from his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

She ain't getting that belt back if she doesn't move camp.

dont think she will either way unless she moves to somewhere like jacksons (obviously not jacksons though) for at least a year or two, has a date been set for the rematch yet? Confident enough Holly will win in similar fashion she already has the blueprint to beat ronda and she'll only get better at it while ronda isnt learning any new tricks if she stays at glendale, wouldnt count her out 100% but this is basically a retirement payday for ronda in my opinion

dont think she will either way unless she moves to somewhere like jacksons (obviously not jacksons though) for at least a year or two, has a date been set for the rematch yet? Confident enough Holly will win in similar fashion she already has the blueprint to beat ronda and she'll only get better at it while ronda isnt learning any new tricks if she stays at glendale, wouldnt count her out 100% but this is basically a retirement payday for ronda in my opinion

No announcement but I'd epect it to be on the UFC 200 card along with McGregor vs the winner of the Mendes - Edgar fight for the title after aldo vacates it when he retires :pac:

No announcement but I'd epect it to be on the UFC 200 card along with McGregor vs the winner of the Mendes - Edgar fight for the title after vacates it when he retires :pac:

How would McGregor be fighting if he retires? ;) was thinking itd be planned for that card alright, when is it again?

• Advertisement

How would McGregor be fighting if he retires? ;) was thinking itd be planned for that card alright, when is it again?

It's not Conor who's striking partner is talking about retiring.

It's not Conor who's striking partner is talking about retiring.

Then why are you mentioning vacating the belt? only way aldo will still have the belt by 200 is if he pulls out again :p

Then why are you mentioning vacating the belt? only way aldo will still have the belt by 200 is if he pulls out again :p

I said conor fighting someone else for the vacated after [Aldo] retires ;)

I said conor fighting someone else for the vacated after [Aldo] retires ;)

but why would conor vacate his belt if aldo retires?

but why would conor vacate his belt if aldo retires?

Look, it was a bad attempt the first time you tried it.

Look, it was a bad attempt the first time you tried it.

McGregor wins it in the second...you heard it here first!

Hope you're as confident with your betting as you claim you are. Easy money for you. :rolleyes:

Hope you're as confident with your betting as you claim you are. Easy money for you. :rolleyes:

have it in an acca with rockhold gunni jacare and chad

That's certainly not the first time I've heard it ;)

Anyway, It'll be the 4th round,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I've been thinking about this a lot recently. If you watch any MMA event, it's incredibly common to hear about the "new wave" of fighter coming through who's training MMA as opposed to a single discipline like Wrestling, or Boxing, and transitioning over to MMA.

Do you think it's better to be genuinely world class at one aspect of the game, or have a broad spread over all areas? I'm thinking of how dominant Rousey was with her Olympic Judo, Holm and her champion boxing/kickboxing, or how fighters like Jacare/Nelson/Maia have their jiujitsu on another level to always fall back on or is it better to have a broad even base in all things MMA instead of standing out in one area?

Just a thought. Would love to hear what everyone thinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement