Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Hall is a snake in the grass :D

A boa constrictor to be exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Good man Dana!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

7 UFC champions dethroned in 2015 alone:

Aldo by McGregor
    Velasquez by Werdum
    Pettis by dos Anjos
    Rousey by Holm
    Weidman by Rockhold
    Esparza by Jedrzejczyk
    Jones by himself

Imagine if someone had told you at the start of 2015 that all of Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey, Chris Weidman, Cain Velasquez, Carla Esparza and Anthony Pettis would no longer be champions by December. :eek:

This sport is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm sure everyone has seen this by now but

HW Champ - Werdum
    LHW Champ - Cormier
    MW Champ - Rockhold
    WW Champ - Lawler

All came over after Strikeforce was bought.
    Jon Jones obviously the rightful king at LHW but Strikeforce used to get an awful kicking as a promotion and they had plenty of other great fighters at the time, Overeem, Barnett, Diaz, Melandez etc. They used to put on some really good fights.

Some competition for the UFC would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So Ben Askern's ONE FC contract ended on December 9th, anyone reckon he's finally going to get a shot at the UFC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

So Ben Askern's ONE FC contract ended on December 9th, anyone reckon he's finally going to get a shot at the UFC?

i hope not, not a fan of his atal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Boring wrestler cant strike will be destroyed.

I think he gives a lot of people at 170 serious problems, he's definitely the best fighter outside of the UFC right now and deserves a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone seen dos Anjos lately? The word in Vegas from Dave Meltzer is that he's completely different now, much smaller than the pre-USADA days. It'll be interesting to see the difference this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone seen dos Anjos lately? The word in Vegas from Dave Meltzer is that he's completely different now, much smaller than the pre-USADA days. It'll be interesting to see the difference this week.

One of rogans podcasts touched on this a while back, showing before and after pictures one where's he's tubby one where he's ripped. Can't for the life of me think of what episode it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I didn't think USADA testing would have had such an impact. Not loads of fighters have been popped but the threat of random testing seems to be enough to prevent enough fighters. Some noticeable changes, I don't mean to generalise but Brazilian fighters have looked far less dominant since. I think there was definitely a culture of PED use over there.

Cowboy vs RDA is going to be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

ASOT wrote: »
    One of rogans podcasts touched on this a while back, showing before and after pictures one where's he's tubby one where he's ripped. Can't for the life of me think of what episode it was.

It was Cerrone on twitter, where a picture of RDA on the scales (so dried out and ripped) compare to a pic years pervious taken in the gym. It's pretty much nonsense.

Mostly likely he will be smaller, possibly because of the IV's, which most people are doing right now. I expect him to be just a lean as he was before.

Edit: Link - mmafighting.com/2015/7/21/9006069/rafael-dos-anjos-responds-to-donald-cerrone-s-steroid-allegations-he

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

The funny thing is Cowboy is the one who has history of failing a drugs test,I believe at the top of every sport a lot of stars are taking some sort of performance enhancer to stay at the top most of it probably undetectable.

After Gilbert Melendez tested positive and anderson no one will ever surprise me popping for juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Kavanagh, Ido Portal, Pettis and Khabib on the MMAhour tonight with Ariel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Dana White always seems to be an impatient a-hole with Megan Olivi in the backstage interview. Acts like shes doing his head in holding him up, walking and talking etc and she has to apologise about 3 times for taking his time. I know its a busy time for him but do the interview or dont do the interview but if you do at least show some patience and respect.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't understand that either as she's interviewing him for his company, seems very bizarre really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Exactly. Its like its an insistence from the board room that he got outvoted on and does it with a head on him.

Heres the interview and his attitude in all of them are pretty similar

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Forgot Cerrone v dos Anjos is happening at the weekend. It's a seriously good looking card too. Feel a bit burned out with all the MMA that's been happening though to even get excited for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

He’s normally grand with her.

Seeing as he didn’t make the press conference he was clearly on his way out of the arena. He’d also just finished an interview with Fox Sports panel.

He obviously said he’d do it but it would be while he was walking, she agreed so I hardly feel sorry for her.

Some just love to have a go at Dana.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Can we expect conor at rda and cowboy fight and go in octagon once fight is over and announce he's fighting for the belt next

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Foxtrol wrote: »
    He’s normally grand with her.

Seeing as he didn’t make the press conference he was clearly on his way out of the arena. He’d also just finished an interview with Fox Sports panel.

He obviously said he’d do it but it would be while he was walking, she agreed so I hardly feel sorry for her.

Some just love to have a go at Dana.

I think it's strange because it's an interview for the ufc youtube channel, not some random yob

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I think it's strange because it's an interview for the ufc youtube channel, not some random yob

If he has to make a flight or an important meeting they’d take precedence over doing an interview, which is likely be mostly a rehash of what he just said in the interview he just finished.

By even saying he’d do it on the move he was doing more than he would for anything that wasn’t UFC, hence why she was apologising/thanking him.

Duffy and Poirier on fight pass is an absolute joke

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Gamebred wrote: »

No it's not, very clever marketing

They put a great fight like this on Fight Pass and will get a LOT more subscribers, who they will then bombard with PPV adverts, win win for everyone

They get more money as the main fightpass fight than as a preliminary fight, apparently... Gotta keep those subscriptions coming in.

Sorry meant to add,they will be fighting in an empty arena they deserve much bigger billing hope this business plan fails on the ufc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Sorry meant to add,they will be fighting in an empty arena they deserve much bigger billing hope this business plan fails on the ufc.

A fight like that may bring people into the arena earlier. Not that they should need a reason, what fan pays for a ticket to a UFC event and then misses a few fights?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Did they not say it was on earlier so the Irish fans could watch it easier in a gesture for it not going ahead in Dublin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement