Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

If anything they should do it in the Aviva. Croke Park pitch is just way too big and would make viewing terrible.

Cant see it happening though unless Conor loses and it’s some form of number one contender match. A Conor title fight is just too big.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Foxtrol wrote:
    Cant see it happening though unless Conor loses and it’s some form of number one contender match. A Conor title fight is just too big.

Conor said it will happen, he said he will defend his belt in Ireland. He couldn't say when but it promised it will happen.

We cannot doubt him, he's always right.

I think we are at the stage where he tells UFC where and when he'll fight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

If Conor Demands 20m a fight does he get it?

I think hes gone so big they cant say no now or he'll make it very awkward for them,hes probably demanding more knowing him,the fighters should be thanking him because it will set a precedent on big pay outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Conor said it will happen, he said he will defend his belt in Ireland. He couldn't say when but it promised it will happen.

ya but it won't happen.

All of his title fights (probably all fights no matter what) will be in Vegas from now on - There is no doubt about that.

callaway92 wrote:
    All of his title fights (probably all fights no matter what) will be in Vegas from now on - There is no doubt about that.

No doubt? Are you Conor McGregor?

He said it 3 weeks ago that he can 100% promise he will defend his title in Ireland at some stage.

Has he ever been wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

He said it 3 weeks ago that he can 100% promise he will defend his title in Ireland at some stage.

Has he ever been wrong?

It's not happening you mad thing, as post above said it will need to be a 3am Job for PPV in america (Croke park cut off is around 11pm I think)... either that or charge €500 minimum per ticket to cover PPV and have it at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Has he ever been wrong?

see below
    fitzparker wrote: »
    It's not happening you mad thing, as post above said it will need to be a 3am Job for PPV in america (Croke park cut off is around 11pm I think)... either that or charge €500 minimum per ticket to cover PPV and have it at 6pm.

He is now exclusive to Vegas ComfortKid. It doesn't take a genius to work that one out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

callaway92 wrote: »
    see below

He is now exclusive to Vegas ComfortKid. It doesn't take a genius to work that one out.

Exclusive to Vegas is a tad much. Could easily see him on a New York card when/if MMA passes there.

fitzparker wrote:

I didn't say croke park, maybe the aviva. and I know it would mean that it'd be on in midday for most of America, so will lose out on lots of Ppv buys,I didn't think it would ever happen either but the man promised it a few weeks ago, and he tends to keep to his word, so I believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Exclusive to Vegas is a tad much. Could easily see him on a New York card when/if MMA passes there.

He says he'll be fighting in New York in April, then Ufc200 in the new mgm in July, so he defiantly won't be in Ireland this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Well that's one he's wrong about straight off the bat, NY in April isn't happening.

Well that's one he's wrong about straight off the bat, NY in April isn't happening.

It isn't? He said this only 3 weeks ago. I just had a quick look online and nowhere does it say it's not going ahead.
    Provide a Link there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Conor talks a lot, that's part of his success, so you shouldn't take everything he says as gospel

JJayoo wrote:
    Conor talks a lot, that's part of his success, so you shouldn't take everything he says as gospel

He tells the truth alot aswell..

Dana said it would happen, Conor said it would happen. It will happen, and I will be back in here to rub it in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I pray it doesnt happen,the amount of drunken morons at it would be recipe for disaster think world tour press conference x50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

It isn't? He said this only 3 weeks ago. I just had a quick look online and nowhere does it say it's not going ahead.
    Provide a Link there

MMA is still illegal in New York, That's not going to be changed in time for the April card to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Provide a Link there

Isn't it still illegal there?

MMA is still illegal in New York, That's not going to be changed in time for the April card to happen.

How do you know this, show me somewhere it says it's defiantly not going ahead or else shut up.

The UFC wouldn't have announced it if they thought it wouldn't be legalised in time

jimmii wrote:
    Isn't it still illegal there?

ATM yes it is, but sanction will be lifted by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

He tells the truth alot aswell..

Dana said it would happen, Conor said it would happen. It will happen, and I will be back in here to rub it in

To rub it in? Everyone who has any interest would like it to happen. But assuming it will happen just because Conor says so is a bit hopeful.

ATM yes it is, but sanction will be lifted by then.

I guess it wouldn't be that surprising if they have everything set up to hold an event there as soon as it did get cleared so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

How do you know this, show me somewhere it says it's defiantly not going ahead or else shut up.

The UFC wouldn't have announced it if they thought it wouldn't be legalised in time

:pac: they book it every year.

Davei141 wrote: »
    :pac: they book it every year.

194 was even booked for New York at one point!

Conor has stopped talking about it over the last few weeks, specifically not mentioning it at the post fight press conference.

I’d speculate that he has now realised how much he’ll personally lose in PPV cut if it goes ahead there rather than in the States. I’d say he’ll want a few more big PPVs before trying to push a stadium again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Croke park residents already getting there objections in to a croke park event. Not that I think it will happen any time soon but I do think it will happen.

The residents that live there have got way too much power though. It would be a shame to not see one of our greatest athletes competing in our greatest stadium because of a few moaners

Just in relation to this quickly, and not to have the will it/won't it debate rage on too long.

This time last year when there was talk of Croke Park, wasn't it established residents do not need to be consulted. Croke Park don't need to secure licences for sporting events in the same manner as concerts etc. That's my recollection of the discussion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I very much doubt that. Very Very very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I’ve no concern about being called a real/serious fan on an internet forum, I spent about the guts of 17 hours at live MMA events over the weekend. I’m just highlighting the type of high horse, holier than though, attitudes from Martyos and Naos that you unfortunately see too frequently on this forum. As I said, it’s easy to throw stones from sitting at home on the couch.

BTW I’d have the same response if someone started making snide comments questioning how much of a serious fans those who didn’t make the trip to Vegas are.

Ah seriously cop on to yourself. Only saw this post now but it's a load of BS. I never once said anyone was less of a fan than me for not going to see all the fights, just that I don't understand it myself, with the prices of tickets these days. As for the "holier than thou" attitude, look who's talking ffs. You're singling my post out as something bad, which is a massive dose of hypocrisy.

Some people love to have a go at others just to get a few thanks from the clique. :rolleyes:

martyos121 wrote: »
    Ah seriously cop on to yourself. Only saw this post now but it's a load of BS. I never once said anyone was less of a fan than me for not going to see all the fights, just that I don't understand it myself, with the prices of tickets these days. As for the "holier than thou" attitude, look who's talking ffs. You're singling my post out as something bad, which is a massive dose of hypocrisy.

Some people love to have a go at others just to get a few thanks from the clique. :rolleyes:

How was I possibly singling you out, I also called out the other poster who came across judging others who aren’t in their seat for the first fight on the card?

Here’s what you said:
    martyos121 wrote: »
    I don't get it if you're in any way a serious fan of the sport.

Don’t try to play innocent now too, as you clearly knew what you’re typing was putting people down by going out of your way to say ‘nothing personal’ beforehand. Cant think of one occasion where I’ve ever saw that phrase used and it was followed by a positive statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Foxtrol wrote: »
    How was I possibly singling you out, I also called out the other poster who came across judging others who aren’t in their seat for the first fight on the card?

Here’s what you said:

Don’t try to play innocent now too, as you clearly knew what you’re typing was putting people down by going out of your way to say ‘nothing personal’ beforehand. Cant think of one occasion where I’ve ever saw that phrase used and it was followed by a positive statement.

No, once again, you're reading way too much into what I said. I simply stated that I don't get people who pay full price for a ticket and skip fights for whatever reason, may it be drinking in the bar beforehand, having a bite to eat or just not wanting to see them. I'll repeat that I have nothing personal against this (and I truly mean that, whatever way you prefer to interpret it), and I myself have a group of friends who strolled into UFC Dublin in 2014 just before the main card. I gave them a playful slagging about it and we all moved on with our lives. They've been following the sport since around '08 and rarely miss an event on TV or in person when they have the chance. To be perfectly clear, I think no less of anybody who skips fights (I'll honestly say it gets to me when people miss main card fights, but I certainly don't judge them over it).

I'm not putting anybody down over anything, just giving my take on things, as money is more scarce for me that I like to get full value out of things. I very rarely take issue with anything you post, tend to agree with you most of the time, and don't want to turn this into a full-blown argument when there's no need at all. Shall we just leave it at that and make life easier for the mods so?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement