Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nate looks like he's actually taking the fight seriously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ASOT wrote: »
    Nate looks like he's actually taking the fight seriously...

He'd want to, he's been shiiiiiiiite for a while now.

He'd want to, he's been shiiiiiiiite for a while now.

Getting his ass handed to him by Johnson either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I dunno ive a feeling nate could pull this off but you never know with him, any sign of a thread for saturday? cant wait for cowboy-dos anjos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Nate has better boxing,has better bjj his last fight is best forgotten about he went in injured and missed weight didnt any showing,RDA unloaded on him and he couldnt finish him diaz was in guard laughing at him,Ive diaz putting on a vintage display here where ever it goes crazy odds to win.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    Nate has better boxing,has better bjj his last fight is best forgotten about he went in injured and missed weight didnt any showing,RDA unloaded on him and he couldnt finish him diaz was in guard laughing at him,Ive diaz putting on a vintage display here where ever it goes crazy odds to win.

Massive odds to be fair, just had a treble of nate, JDS by KO & Lentz @12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Nate had the good fortune of not having to make weight in that fight, missed weight by nearly 5 lbs while RDA made weight. Diaz has lost 3 of his last 4 while Johnson has won 4 of his last 5 with his only loss being a highly controversial split decision loss to Dariush. I see Johnson using his movement to get in and out with ease and his far superior wrestling will keep the fight standing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JJayoo wrote: »
    Is the seating tightly monitoried? Or would you be able to get up very close to the octagon during these early prelims if the venue was half empty
    At 189 in July. I went down and sat in the premium seats for Seerys fight, wasn't an issue at all.
    ComfortKid wrote: »
    How do you know this, show me somewhere it says it's defiantly not going ahead or else shut up.

The UFC wouldn't have announced it if they thought it wouldn't be legalised in time
    Well they haven't announced it. Is that proof enough for you?
    They haven't announced any events past London in Feb.
    ComfortKid wrote: »
    ATM yes it is, but sanction will be lifted by then.
    It may or may not. It hasn't been lifted an of the previous years.
    But lots of bribes were exposed this year.
    Just in relation to this quickly, and not to have the will it/won't it debate rage on too long.

This time last year when there was talk of Croke Park, wasn't it established residents do not need to be consulted. Croke Park don't need to secure licences for sporting events in the same manner as concerts etc. That's my recollection of the discussion anyway.
    The issue isn't resident consultation. The residents and no actual power really, the just appeal to the council.

The issue with an event to suit US PPV is that there is a planning permission condition that states the stadiums aren't open past 10pm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Mellor wrote: »
    At 189 in July. I went down and sat in the premium seats for Seerys fight, wasn't an issue at all.

Well they haven't announced it. Is that proof enough for you?
    They haven't announced any events past London in Feb.

It may or may not. It hasn't been lifted an of the previous years.
    But lots of bribes were exposed this year.

The issue isn't resident consultation. The residents and no actual power really, the just appeal to the council.

The issue with an event to suit US PPV is that there is a planning permission condition that states the stadiums aren't open past 10pm.
    I didn't hear about that, any good links to the story? I remember reading some stuff about the whole process before and how the main objections/objecters had little to do with mma itself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

ASOT wrote: »
    Massive odds to be fair, just had a treble of nate, JDS by KO & Lentz @12/1
    Who's that with? Be worth 20 quid on it anyway.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Who's that with? Be worth 20 quid on it anyway.

Bet 365, going to change the nate pick to nate to get a finish. Don't think he will be able to out point Johnson if he does win. No MOV up yet though

I didn't hear about that, any good links to the story? I remember reading some stuff about the whole process before and how the main objections/objecters had little to do with mma itself

Sheldon Silver, speaker for the assembly, was blamed for the delays in passing the bill. He's been a massive opponent of MMA in NY for years. Basically he delayed the bill, so that it didn't go to the final vote.

He's been arrested (jan or feb) and convict (last month) on MAJOR corruption charges. This could be the year to get it through. Depends a lot on the new speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Sheldon Silver, speaker for the assembly, was blamed for the delays in passing the bill. He's been a massive opponent of MMA in NY for years. Basically he delayed the bill, so that it didn't go to the final vote.

He's been arrested (jan or feb) and convict (last month) on MAJOR corruption charges. This could be the year to get it through. Depends a lot on the new speaker

The push for it this year is coming just as the legislation period opens too, rather than leaving it to the last minute like every other year. If it does go through this year they are as well give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Demian Maia to train at Mjolnir with Gunnar according to this Icelandic source. How cool is that?

Page needs to be translated.

http://www.visir.is/maia-kemur-til-islands-og-aefir-med-gunnari-nelson/article/2015151218831

Fedor's opponent announced. Indian kickboxer with a 2-0 professional MMA record. Jokeshop

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Fedor's opponent announced. Indian kickboxer with a 2-0 professional MMA record. Jokeshop

I'd love if he knocked fedor out

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'd love if he knocked fedor out

Yeah would love to see him pull a Bruce Willis, KO Fedor and run off with the money he was given to take a dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Just noticed the UFC ppv (online) price has gone up for the start of 2016. Think it was around the €18/19 mark for HD but now set at €24.99 for UFC 195. Really hope the prices don't end up too crazy like the US as I'm more a casual customer for interesting cards and not a sky customer.

Just noticed the UFC ppv (online) price has gone up for the start of 2016. Think it was around the €18/19 mark for HD but now set at €24.99 for UFC 195. Really hope the prices don't end up too crazy like the US as I'm more a casual customer for interesting cards and not a sky customer.

Just get a BT Sports subscription.

Just get a BT Sports subscription.

Yeah, I know that is an option, but I always preferred the no contract fuss. With all the recent hype, I guess this increase was to be expected.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I know that is an option, but I always preferred the no contract fuss. With all the recent hype, I guess this increase was to be expected.

You can go month to month for €25 a pop.

You can go month to month for €25 a pop.

Ok, cool, I must look into that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ok, cool, I must look into that. Thanks.

You can do better than that though. Ring them up and tell them you want the channels but won't pay full price for them. You should get on the €16.99 deal worst case scenario and I'm on that deal with no contract. Worth a go.

martyos121 wrote: »
    You can do better than that though. Ring them up and tell them you want the channels but won't pay full price for them. You should get on the €16.99 deal worst case scenario and I'm on that deal with no contract. Worth a go.

I was not aware of this.

I was not aware of this.

Well Merry Christmas then! :)

Be smart about it though, don't appear too eager to get the channels or they have leverage. Let them know you're interested, but that you want a reduction. Haven't paid full price with Setanta for the last year now.

If you get no discount from them (unlikely), hang up and ring again an hour later. If you recognise the voice, rinse and repeat. Those channels are great but not worth €25.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well Merry Christmas then! :)

Be smart about it though, don't appear too eager to get the channels or they have leverage. Let them know you're interested, but that you want a reduction. Haven't paid full price with Setanta for the last year now.

If you get no discount from them (unlikely), hang up and ring again an hour later. If you recognise the voice, rinse and repeat. Those channels are great but not worth €25.

I got the 2 months for €26 deal there in late November so I'm good until the end of January but I'll give it a try after that. Cheers mister.

I got the 2 months for €26 deal there in late November so I'm good until the end of January but I'll give it a try after that. Cheers mister.

You're in a great position then. Tell them to keep you on that deal or you'll cancel. They seem to keep a record of what every person will pay for the service, so unless you get a complete geebag on the phone, you shouldn't ever pay more than 75% for the channels. Cant guarantee they'll keep you on that deal but I can assure you that €16.99 is the absolute most you'll pay until Eir complete the takeover of Setanta (still not sure what will happen then) if you ask them for a discount.

Anyways, to keep the thread on topic, any news on that altercation between Johnson and the Diaz camp last night? What was that all about?

Northcutt vs. Holbrook added to the Dillashaw vs Cruz card, according to Helwani.

Should be a cracker, both undefeated too. That fight will be very BJJ-heavy I'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Ive got Holbrook in that and will be betting accordingly,expect some nice prices with the hype around Sage whose beaten 2 the worst on the books.

• Advertisement

Ive got Holbrook in that and will be betting accordingly,expect some nice prices with the hype around Sage whose beaten 2 the worst on the books.

Agreed, hopefully get a nice price on Holbrook by sub.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement