Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gamebred wrote: »
    Ive got Holbrook in that and will be betting accordingly,expect some nice prices with the hype around Sage whose beaten 2 the worst on the books.

Absolutely agree, Sage will be going into it overly confident in his ground game, and I can see Holbrook choking him out. Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just seen Pena was arrested last night for fighting outside of a bar, she can't watch a break.

Also Artem says he's firstly confident he's getting kept on, he wants to fight Diego Sanchez. Id love to see that fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

ASOT wrote: »
    Just seen Pena was arrested last night for fighting outside of a bar, she can't watch a break.

Classy bird

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Also Artem says he's firstly confident he's getting kept on, he wants to fight Diego Sanchez. Id love to see that fight!

I think Sanchez would beat artem easily

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I think Sanchez would beat artem easily

I don't know, Sanchez is wild. Just as wild as Artem. Itd be some fight for the spectators. Battle of the bad technique.

Joanna Champion confirmed as one of the TUF 23 judges!

Edit, and the woman's batamweight got cancelled as not enough contestants showed up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ooooo please be Thug Rose as 2nd judge (doubt it though)

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ooooo please be Thug Rose as 2nd judge (doubt it though)

Fits in with her 6 month break she wants.... Wonder who will coach the men's 205 there has to be 4 sets of coach's. As bad as this might sound having a bunch of 115 lb women coaching 205 lb men would be a joke.

I hope it's not Gadhela anyway, coaches need some personality plus if Rose is a coach it just means we get Pat Barry add assistant coach which will be a good laugh.

Imagine Jones DC were the other coaches. ...EPIC!

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I hope it's not Gadhela anyway, coaches need some personality plus if Rose is a coach it just means we get Pat Barry add assistant coach which will be a good laugh.

Imagine Jones DC were the other coaches. ...EPIC!

Il Try find my post but I said JJ & Jones/DC would be unreal if it happened, not very likely though. Needs some decent coach's, for some reason I think it could be might mouse and Cejudo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why does there have to be four coaches?

They could do it for a rating boost, but there's no reason why women can't coach the men. They are coaching, nit sparring partners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

It's Joanna and Claudia, that's what the rumours have been all along.
    Makes sense with Claudia being the next in line for a title shot.

Mellor wrote: »
    Why does there have to be four coaches?

They could do it for a rating boost, but there's no reason why women can't coach the men. They are coaching, nit sparring partners.

The guys won't take the woman seriously is what I was trying to get at, as stupid as that sounds . All in my opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The guys won't take the woman seriously is what I was trying to get at, as stupid as that sounds . All in my opinion of course.

No doubt some would have that attitude. Some 205ers might even fail to take the likes of Might mouse of TJ seriously. But that's an incredibly retarded attitude imo. Especially considering these guys all failed to get signed previously to one of the shallower divisions.
    There's other people there for training, sparing coach, grapling coach etc. The fighters are there for attitude above all else. JJ and Thug Rose both have great attitudes for the sport. (Rose's head shave for example). Even more so impressive considering they are in a division full of moany bitches.

Mellor wrote: »
    No doubt some would have that attitude. Some 205ers might even fail to take the likes of Might mouse of TJ seriously. But that's an incredibly retarded attitude imo.
    There's other people there for training, sparing coach, grapling coach etc. The fighters are there for attitude above all else. JJ and Thug Rose both have great attitudes for the sport. (Rose's head shave for example). Even more so impressive considering they are in a division full of moany bitches

I totally agree it's absolutely ridulous that in this day and age people would have that attitude, I'd be fairly confident that the majority of them would though. Ego plays a massive party especially if your a bloke 100lbs bigger than your coach. I love rose & JJ but id feel for them If it goes ahead that way because it'll ruin there experience.

I honestly don't think MM's stock will rise from doing TUF but wouldn't be surprised if UFC tried in some way. Phenomenal fighter but i completely switch off when he starts talking and i don't have a clue why. A lot of people don't like the lighter weights because of their size so wouldn't help to have him towered over by 205ers.

Nick Diaz gave a really good insight into boxing in mma on chaels podcast, didn't sound like he had just had a stroke either. Also went on about GSP missing weight when they fought, decent interview actually and nick was sure he would have tested positive for weed, he tuaght it would be his last fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is there any B&M shop in Ireland/NI that stocks Reebok UFC gear?

Late present request :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

maximoose wrote: »

Check the Reebok website for approved stockists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Why would you buy an xmas present for someone you dislike?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ah I don't dislike them, but asked them weeks ago if there's anything they'd like and they tell me 2 days before Christmas and when I've already bought something :pac:

Not long til their birthday though so was gonna pick it up anyway, but doesn't appear to be any stocking that I can see on this island.. ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marklark

One of the lads in work mentioned some stuff in Elverys in Fonthill retail park

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ligerleo

Is Demetrios Johnson really the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world like the rankings say? How strong is the competition in his division?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

ligerleo wrote: »
    Is Demetrios Johnson really the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world like the rankings say? How strong is the competition in his division?

As strong as flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

ligerleo wrote: »

He's in the discussion anyway. Jones is the best though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Don't encourage them (Reebok)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I saw some of the McGregor Reebok shirts in one of the sports shops (possibly Lifestyle sports) either in the St Stephens green centre or around that end of Grafton Street last Saturday.

Speaking of, I see Conor has new reebok runners and tshirt....but you can't buy them in Ireland. Reebok shop is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Tibau actually failed an in competition test aswell, so there goes his defence of not knowingly taking epo....

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/23/10662324/gleison-tibau-failed-in-competition-usada-test-at-ufc-fight-night-77

1A35D609251250724633549144064_465485cd0b8.0.0.jpg?versionId=ewRRu.L60JeNgrkC61bsMJVSEx0N30QN

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement