Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I guess Romero didn't win convincingly enough and Rockhold wants that loss back against Vitor.

He's the champ so has more pull, it'll be a massacre though. Do Weidman v Romero for the next shot I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Vitors hardly getting another title shot again so soon?
    Who else is there though? Wideman should take a while to heal up, Rockhold will be good to fight by April, Yoel and Jacare looked terrible, Vitor just head kicked Dan Henderson into the orbit of Jupiter.

Op top of all that, Rockhold wants Vitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Who else is there though? Wideman should take a while to heal up, Rockhold will be good to fight by April, Yoel and Jacare looked terrible, Vitor just head kicked Dan Henderson into the orbit of Jupiter.

Op top of all that, Rockhold wants Vitor.

Ye true. Plus I'm a fan of vitor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

It'll be a joke if Vitor gets it, he was walked on by Chris and just beat a pensioner who's ranked around #15. Yoel and Jacard may have been a bit boring but I'd put good money on them easily beating Vitor. Rockhold - Vitor wouldn't be a contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It should be Yoel no question but the UFC will give it's new champ a choice and I understand why he'd want to avenge a Vitor loss, it's an unwarranted title shot for him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

the vitor rematch is far and away the most marketable fight available for luke at the minute, gunna be that or a rematch for chris 100%

Depp wrote: »
    the vitor rematch is far and away the most marketable fight available for luke at the minute, gunna be that or a rematch for chris 100%

Jesus vitor was talking about one last title run after the he do win, I thought he would never get near a title shot again. Wonder will Anderson ever get back his old form?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Jesus vitor was talking about one last title run after the he do win, I thought he would never get near a title shot again. Wonder will Anderson ever get back his old form?

He'd need a few pharmaceutical aids to do it now, age just catches up. Long breaks between camps now too, can't be helping.

weemcd wrote: »
    He'd need a few pharmaceutical aids to do it now, age just catches up. Long breaks between camps now too, can't be helping.

Bisping will be an interesting fight to see exactly where Anderson is at

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Reebok "Ireland" shirt is back up for sale lol

http://www.reebok.ie/ufc-ireland-map-tee/AZ3909.html

• Advertisement

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Reebok "Ireland" shirt is back up for sale lol

http://www.reebok.ie/ufc-ireland-map-tee/AZ3909.html

Yes but theres 30% off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

I'd automatically avoid the idiot that buys that shirt. Akin to Tapout wearing knackers.

GFT wrote: »
    I'd automatically avoid the idiot that buys that shirt. Akin to Tapout wearing knackers.

awkward...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Does Jones have any contract with the UFC at the moment? Or is there a possibility that Bellator with all there Viacom cash could sign him up?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

JJayoo wrote: »
    Does Jones have any contract with the UFC at the moment? Or is there a possibility that Bellator with all there Viacom cash could sign him up?

He has one fight left on his current deal. He'll beat Cormier to regain the belt and the UFC will pay him whatever it takes to keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Paully D wrote: »
    He has one fight left on his current deal. He'll beat Cormier to regain the belt and the UFC will pay him whatever it takes to keep him.

don't the ufc have it in contracts if you are the champ you automatically extend the contract by 1 fight? came up when couture tried to leave to fight fedor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Not sure if this belongs on this thread but was just wondering how many boardsies are actually paying for fight pass. I did the free trial a while back and can't bring myself to get rid of it. So much stuff on there. It's been an mma fest of an xmas (handy when you're laid out sick for some of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Not sure if this belongs on this thread but was just wondering how many boardsies are actually paying for fight pass. I did the free trial a while back and can't bring myself to get rid of it. So much stuff on there. It's been an mma fest of an xmas (handy when you're laid out sick for some of it).

Same; did the free trial ayes ago and have kept it since! Have watched 1 full show every few weeks over the past few months; great to see the sport evolving as you go through it!

jjdonegal wrote: »
    Same; did the free trial ayes ago and have kept it since! Have watched 1 full show every few weeks over the past few months; great to see the sport evolving as you go through it!

Yeah I agree. Even to see specific fighters evolving is interesting. Watched a few of overeems fights and he has become a much more measured fighter. Think I've watched eight events in last three days.

I subscribe. I think it's absolutely excellent value at €7.99 a month. There's a couple of us in my house who love MMA and we find it great. So many events in perfect quality and a dedicated Chromecast app too for easy streaming to the TV. It's not always possible to stay awake to watch them live either so the ability to watch the events the next day with their "marker" feature enabling you to jump right into the start of the fight in a couple of clicks is a Godsend.

In 2015 alone there was almost 30 events shown live on Fight Pass.

There's an obvious push going on for Fight Pass now with Northcutt's comments after his latest fight, the addition of Duffy/Poirier on the Fight Pass prelims next weekend and Anderson Silva v Bisping headlining London. I'm sure there will be more Fight Pass events and/or a high quality of Fight Pass event coming up in 2016. They might raise the subscription price to accommodate that, but even if it was say €9.99 a month I still think that's superb value for what we get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I've been considering it bit wasn't sure if it was worth it because I have BT to watch a lot of the live stuff.

Is there a lot of older stuff on it? I've really been getting into MMA latelty and I'd love to go back through older fights, most of them can't be found on youtube.

I made the mistake of paying for it through the app store for the first few months and ended up paying 9.99 a month, recently though bought the 6 months half price with the 189 ppv, worked out perfectly as the 6 months is also up so I did the same for 194! unbelievable deal!

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I've been considering it bit wasn't sure if it was worth it because I have BT to watch a lot of the live stuff.

Is there a lot of older stuff on it? I've really been getting into MMA latelty and I'd love to go back through older fights, most of them can't be found on youtube.

To be honest, if you have BT there's no point for the live stuff anyway. You get the PPV's through BT which you don't get through Fight Pass so BT is very good.

However, yeah, there's loads of older fights on it. They have a huge fight library. In your case what I'd do is subscribe for the month and see what you think. You might find you end up going through whatever you want to watch in a month (or two, or three, whatever the case may be) so you could just unsubscribe when you've watched what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Fight pass is great to have. I should use it more, but it's great when you have a particular match in your head. You type the name of one of the fighters and you're watching it in HD within 2 minutes.

I also think they'll be pushing it a lot more in the near future. It's a nice steady revenue for them.

weemcd wrote: »
    Fight pass is great to have. I should use it more, but it's great when you have a particular match in your head. You type the name of one of the fighters and you're watching it in HD within 2 minutes.

I also think they'll be pushing it a lot more in the near future. It's a nice steady revenue for them.

Yeah I agree although there were a couple of fights I couldn't find - Lineker v Rivera and Ferguson v Barboza. Watched the Arlovski v Browne fight again. That was epic. Been a good year for MMA and fight pass is a great way of going back over the old stuff. Even watched the GSP v Hendricks fight again and scored it different to how I did when I watched it but let's not get into that! I don't see myself ending the subscription for a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I signed up for the free trial. I'm going to watch every series of TUF from the start. I have it on the phone connected to the TV in the living room, so I can watch it all in comfort.

It's the only way to see the Duffy fight next weekend isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Does anyone watch it using the ufc smart tv app? It always freezes on me after watching one thing. I have to turn my tv off and back on again to be able to watch another program. It doesn't make a difference if it is a full event or an episode of ultimate fighter, same thing always happens.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Does anyone watch it using the ufc smart tv app? It always freezes on me after watching one thing. I have to turn my tv off and back on again to be able to watch another program. It doesn't make a difference if it is a full event or an episode of ultimate fighter, same thing always happens.

I use the app and have had no issues with it either directly on the smart tv or using screen sharing from the Android tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I pay for it.

Even before I got it, I had watched all the numbered events (acquired them through 'other' means) but having everything in an easy to find database, plus Pride, is dead handy. If I am stuck for something to watch over dinner, I throw on an old classic fight for a rewatch.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Wish they'd do away with rounds in favour of the other rules,10 minute fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement