Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've probably mentioned it before, but the "listen to red/blue corner" feature on Fight Pass is fantastic.

Holly's corner at 193 is well worth listening to for their reaction after the Ronda fight. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Paully D wrote: »
    I've probably mentioned it before, but the "listen to red/blue corner" feature on Fight Pass is fantastic.

Holly's corner at 193 is well worth listening to for their reaction after the Ronda fight. :pac:

I've tried looking for that feature before but can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I've tried looking for that feature before but can't find it.

As far as I know it only available on some devices. I know I dont have it on my LG Smart-TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

John_D80 wrote: »
    As far as I know it only available on some devices. I know I dont have it on my LG Smart-TV.

I've tried on phone and Samsung Tablet and can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

30% off fight pass annual subscription( €50.12) use code UFCFPROW2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Depp wrote: »

I made the mistake of paying for it through the app store for the first few months and ended up paying 9.99 a month, recently though bought the 6 months half price with the 189 ppv, worked out perfectly as the 6 months is also up so I did the same for 194! unbelievable deal!

Did the very same thing myself at 189, the ppv and 6 months fight pass was about 35 or a little more. I don't have sky or bt sport so that's great value for all events outside of ppvs, especially when you consider cards like the Boston and Orlando fight nights which are stronger than some ppvs. They also have tv shows like ufc now and the like which are good to throw on at times. And obviously being able to look up any fight is handy, didn't think I'd use it as much as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

ShaneU wrote: »
    30% off fight pass annual subscription( €50.12) use code UFCFPROW2015

Two things about the fight pass in general.

1) Is it better to get the annual fight pass over BT? It's cheaper and you get slightly more events but you also get a library of UFC events, right? Or do you not get ppv's and Fight Nights the same way you do on BT?

2)Can you stream it off the playstation? I believe I can stream it off chromecast off the phone but is there a playstation app or can I do it through the internet on the playstation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

BOHtox wrote: »

1) Is it better to get the annual fight pass over BT? It's cheaper and you get slightly more events but you also get a library of UFC events, right?

2)Can you stream it off the playstation? I believe I can stream it off chromecast off the phone but is there a playstation app or can I do it through the internet on the playstation?

If you're going to get one get BT. It's gonna have the big shows you want to watch provided it's live. You will also get replays the following night after the event.

If you have fightpass only, you will get the events eventually, but you'll have to wait at least a few weeks before they are available. It's complicated, the actual main events will almost always be on BT sport live.

I have not seen an app for playstation, id say android or ios or good ol fashioned hdmi > laptop are the best bets.

BOHtox wrote: »

1) Is it better to get the annual fight pass over BT? It's cheaper and you get slightly more events but you also get a library of UFC events, right? Or do you not get ppv's and Fight Nights the same way you do on BT?

1) BT Sport is better and I say that as a huge Fight Pass fan. No fight library of course, but you get the PPV's included as standard. You'll have to pay €17.99 (I think it has been increased to €21.99 for 2016 actually) for each PPV if you want to watch them via Fight Pass.

2) They have a deal with Xbox, so have a dedicated app on the Xbox but nothing on the Playstation I'm afraid. You can definitely stream it via Chromcecast on the web, phone, tablet etc via the UFC app however.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rumours stemming from site i haven't heard of before that Conor is fighting RDA in March in Dallas. Vera and Cyborg tweeted it saying sorry Frankie, sounds like their twitter is run by that site.

Sounds fairly BS

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

No chance of a stadium in dallas either its as much chance of happening as Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gamebred wrote: »
    No chance of a stadium in dallas either its as much chance of happening as Croke Park.

Given the reasons Croke Park won't happen, there is actually a much better chance of an event in Cowboys Stadium. No time difference issues, no curfew issues, no resident issues etc.

194 would've been in Dallas sure if MGM hadn't stepped in with a huge offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

The rumour is coming from the fact that a Brazil numbered event in Sao Paulo was cancelled, the UFC have said it might stay in Brazil though.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Given the reasons Croke Park won't happen, there is actually a much better chance of an event in Cowboys Stadium. No time difference issues, no curfew issues, no resident issues etc.

194 would've been in Dallas sure if MGM hadn't stepped in with a huge offer.

They are going on about the stadium for years now,ronda was rumoured to fight there,I cant see it happening its one of these dana promises that doesnt materialize.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gamebred wrote: »
    They are going on about the stadium for years now,ronda was rumoured to fight there,I cant see it happening its one of these dana promises that doesnt materialize.

Whether it happens or not, you can't say it's as unlikely as Croke Park. There isn't an awful lot stopping them from doing Cowboys Stadium, whereas there's enough red tape in front of Croke Park to run a mile.

You're probably right in saying it won't happen this time though, to sell out a 100,000 seater you'd need months of build up which they simply don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I dunno now but this whole situation screams to me that Rockholds first defence is gunna be a rematch against Vitor...just between the the rumours of a cancelled card in Brazil, all the rumours of a Silva Belfort rematch and the somewhat strang and completely unexpected last minute inclusion of Silva-Bisping in London, it all just seems to point to Rockhold getting his chance to redeem his record, no way of knowing untill its announced but this is just how i see it all playing out!

Depp wrote: »
    I dunno now but this whole situation screams to me that Rockholds first defence is gunna be a rematch against Vitor...just between the the rumours of a cancelled card in Brazil, all the rumours of a Silva Belfort rematch and the somewhat strang and completely unexpected last minute inclusion of Silva-Bisping in London, it all just seems to point to Rockhold getting his chance to redeem his record, no way of knowing untill its announced but this is just how i see it all playing out!

I think Rockhold v Belfort is going to happen too. I don't think they'll do Weidman II just yet and Rockhold on The Fighter and The Kid podcast among other media is really angling for the Belfort fight and the chance to avenge that loss. Neither Silva v Belfort wanted to fight each other according to the rumour mill and the way the Silva v Bisping fight came out of nowhere it makes sense.

It's **** on Romero (despite how the Yacare fight went down) but the amount of times the UFC (or more specifically Dana) goes back on his word is a joke.

For anyone who wants to see the full Fedor fight...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/31/10692826/fedor-emelianenko-vs-jaideep-singh-full-fight-video-highlights

To keep this post UFC related, Id recommend instead having a look at Neil Seery's twitter this morning, he just got married and good bit of banter between the lads. Much more entertaining than that farce of a fight.

Just thought I'd share this here,Rockhold is beast very cool switch who need a sprawl :pac:

ufc-172-rockhold-vs-boetsch1.gif

Cowboy has moved up to 170. He's penned to fight Tim Means as the main event at UFC Fight Night 82 on February 21st.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Cowboy has moved up to 170. He's penned to fight Tim Means as the main event at UFC Fight Night 82 on February 21st.

You have to admire his desire to fight but a month after getting smoked in a title fight,he must still owe the tax man some dollars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I think Tim beats him inside of 3 rounds tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

Ah jesus thats not a good move. He should have stayed at lightweight and held out for a possible fight with Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Cowboy will never be a champ but I reckon he could string a few wins at WW, probably not enough to get mentioned with regards to title challenge though.

It's gotta be demoralizing getting an 8 win streak and then getting put to the back of the queue in that fashion.

I think for a guy like Cowboy, a fresh challenge will be more motivation then having to climb back up FW division again, he's already been beaten twice by RDA so he's gonna be a long time climbing again.

He seems to fight better without much of a build up, I can see him taking a few fights on short notice and causing an upset.

It's going to be one violent fight with Tim Means.

Artem fighting Alex White at UFC 196, a southpaw striker who's 1-2 in the UFC. Hopefully Artem can keep it flowy and get an early KO

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Artem fighting Alex White at UFC 196, a southpaw striker who's 1-2 in the UFC. Hopefully Artem can keep it flowy and get an early KO

A terrible card just got even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

A terrible card just got even worse.

Why? A few years ago we all would've been delighted to have an Irishman fighting in the UFC.
    I think Conor has us spoilt

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Why? A few years ago we all would've been delighted to have an Irishman fighting in the UFC.
    I think Conor has us spoilt

It's just going to be a bad fight. White isn't great and Artem will just walk him down. White has mediocre grappling skills but he'll know he doesn't have a hope in hell if he stands up with Artem so he'll try take him down and the fight turns into two limited fighters pushing each other along the cage.

The card over all looks boring, as well, the 3 main fights on the card will be hugging matches because cause of who's involved and the rest of the card doesn't give me much to look forward to either.

I'll still watch it all live like an idiot and wish I'd just recorded it to watch the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

The 2016 boards.ie UFC Pickem league is up and running and we are really hoping to get a few more people on board. Its short notice we know with the first event of the year kicking off tonight but we'd love to get a few more to join.

Come on over and join us for craic, banter and bragging rights for whoever gets the most correct/lucky picks each event/month/year.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057543480

Details on how to register (easy-peasy) are contained in the thread.

Be warned though!! Its addictive and gets very competitive!!

• Advertisement

It's just going to be a bad fight. White isn't great and Artem will just walk him down. White has mediocre grappling skills but he'll know he doesn't have a hope in hell if he stands up with Artem so he'll try take him down and the fight turns into two limited fighters pushing each other along the cage.

The card over all looks boring, as well, the 3 main fights on the card will be hugging matches because cause of who's involved and the rest of the card doesn't give me much to look forward to either.

I'll still watch it all live like an idiot and wish I'd just recorded it to watch the next day.

Wonderboy Thompson v Big Rig is a teriffic fight,main event cain trying to redeem himself at sea level is another big fight personally cant wait for them 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement