Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Think I'll do Rotterdam. Zagreb seems like a pain the arse with the travelling, whereas Rotterdam is easily done from Amsterdam. €100 will get you a return flight and train. The only negatives:

1) It's on a Sunday
    2) Stefan Struve will probably headline

• Registered Users Posts: 39,321 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If Joe doesn't renew his contract when it runs out in August I can see Onnit starting a fight team out of Austin shortly afterwards.

He said on a podcast before that they only reason they hadn't already done it is because it would be a conflict of interests for Rogan.
    Onnit were going to buy Team Alpha Male I believe. Joe mentioned it would be weird commentating on "his" guy, but still might go for it soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    Onnit were going to buy Team Alpha Male I believe. Joe mentioned it would be weird commentating on "his" guy, but still might go for it soon

It was MusclePharm not alpha male, the plan was to buy the whole company.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Reebok actually done something correctly.

https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/685720921815040000

McGregor (21/20) v dos Anjos (10/11)
    Holm (3/10) v Tate (3/1)

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    McGregor (21/20) v dos Anjos (10/11)
    Holm (3/10) v Tate (3/1)

It's fierce tempting to back Tate at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

If Joe doesn't renew his contract when it runs out in August I can see Onnit starting a fight team out of Austin shortly afterwards.

He said on a podcast before that they only reason they hadn't already done it is because it would be a conflict of interests for Rogan.

Conflict in what way?

ASOT wrote: »
    Reebok actually done something correctly.

https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/685720921815040000

Yet but that's nothing to do with the UFC except having one of their stars wearing it

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yet but that's nothing to do with the UFC except having one of their stars wearing it

But it was made for him, so surely if there capable of that then there capable of atleast some half decent designs. Still though the quicker the deal is finished the better.

But it was made for him, so surely if there capable of that then there capable of atleast some half decent designs. Still though the quicker the deal is finished the better.

True. Maybe every time reebok write UFC on clothing it's doomed to be a failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Reebok have a long road to go before they compare to the Dethrone stuff. Picked up this in the January sales. Great price for a classic:

Dethrone-Conor-McGregor-UFC-Walkout-Green

I'd like nothing better for Reebok to be good though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

It's fierce tempting to back Tate at that price!

no way is holm a 3/10 fav. easy bet on tate at that price. Miesha is a very well rounded fighter and a hell of a lot smarter than ronda (plus she has the advantage of knowing exactly what Holly is going to do).

As much as I give out when there's to many events on I really would love an event to be on every saturday, nights just aren't the same without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

As much as I give out when there's to many events on I really would love an event to be on every saturday, nights just aren't the same without it.

We've been pretty spoiled lately with the quality. It's been unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

We've been pretty spoiled lately with the quality. It's been unreal.

The next few months are looking great too, right up until Spring:

Dillashaw v Cruz
    Pettis v Alvarez
    Johnson V Bader
    Werdum v Velasquez
    Silva v Bisping
    McGregor v RDA
    ^I'm sure some will be derailed due to injury or drug tests or whatever. But those are some marquee matchups with good cards leading up to them.

Then we have UFC200, the return of Jones etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

weemcd wrote: »
    The next few months are looking great too, right up until Spring:

Dillashaw v Cruz
    Pettis v Alvarez
    Johnson V Bader
    Werdum v Velasquez
    Silva v Bisping
    McGregor v RDA
    ^I'm sure some will be derailed due to injury or drug tests or whatever. But those are some marquee matchups with good cards leading up to them.

Then we have UFC200, the return of Jones etc. etc.

Yeah there's a massive few months (and a massive year) ahead. Excited for tj v Cruz although I fear it could be one of those elusive fights where they cancel eachother out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Would love to go over for the Rotterdam card. Why would they host it on a Sunday tho.
    Anyone like to guess who would be on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

14murphy wrote: »
    Would love to go over for the Rotterdam card. Why would they host it on a Sunday tho.
    Anyone like to guess who would be on the card.

Overeem?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Overeem?

They'll want him for a PPV I'd imagine.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    They'll want him for a PPV I'd imagine.

Yep. Now that he's won 3 in a row they will anyway I reckon. The same with Miocic and Zagreb, no chance of that happening. Rotterdam is likely to be Struve IMO.

EDIT - it's Struve v Bigfoot per some good reporters on Twitter, Jeremy Botter for one. Ugh. That is a rubbish main event.

http://www.kimura.se/ufc-rotterdam-stefan-struve-ryktas-mot-antonio-bigfoot-silva/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,321 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It was MusclePharm not alpha male, the plan was to buy the whole company.

I was sure I heard him talk about TAM, may have misheard

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Roddy confirmed the RDA fight on twitter below and JK just put up t minus 1 hour.

Delighted to be on @themmahour with @arielhelwani to chat about my Career and @TheNotoriousMMA vs @RdosAnjosMMA
    Should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Any news on whether forgotten man GSP will come back ?

This is an enjoyable listen if you're wanting to waste a couple of hours on a commute or something.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/10/10744330/three-amigos-ufc-2015-retrospective-with-joe-rogan-ronda-rousey-conor-mcgregor-jon-jones

2015 retrospective with Joe Rogan. Areas covered are:

-The aftermath of Ronda Rousey's loss
    -How the loss affects Cris Cyborg
    -Holly Holm's perfect game plan
    -Jon Jones' return to action
    -Reebok Deal
    -The Nevada Athletic Commission vs. Nick Diaz
    -IV re-hydration ban
    -USADA
    -Conor McGregor

Northcutt got a visit from the USADA for the 6th time since September this morning. With his fathers past they'll be on him like flies on poo for the the foreseeable future.

https://www.facebook.com/SuperSageNorthcutt/photos/a.1707799809452441.1073741829.1702892309943191/1730825247149897/?type=3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Mendes Barao would be a good fight to make at 145 next seen it suggested have to say I would like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Northcutt got a visit from the USADA for the 6th time since September this morning. With his fathers past they'll be on him like flies on poo for the the foreseeable future.

https://www.facebook.com/SuperSageNorthcutt/photos/a.1707799809452441.1073741829.1702892309943191/1730825247149897/?type=3

What's his fathers past?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mad listening to Cowboy on the MMA Hour going full 'Murica mode about the patch on his shorts. He said the fine was over 5k, he could have bought a car with it, think of a number and double it. I'm guessing it was around 8-10k of a fine which is mad! He was told if he does it again, he won't be allowed fight but Cowboy said he will be doing it every fight so we'll see.

The way Reebok are paying so little in sponsor money to the fighters and taking a lot from fines, they'll be making a profit from the UFC soon :pac:......:(

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Mad listening to Cowboy on the MMA Hour going full 'Murica mode about the patch on his shorts. He said the fine was over 5k, he could have bought a car with it, think of a number and double it. I'm guessing it was around 8-10k of a fine which is mad! He was told if he does it again, he won't be allowed fight but Cowboy said he will be doing it every fight so we'll see.

The way Reebok are paying so little in sponsor money to the fighters and taking a lot from fines, they'll be making a profit from the UFC soon :pac:......:(

You'd think Reebok and the UFC would be smart and just make a Cerrone version with the patch sown in to sell to the public, he's one of the bigger names, instead they punish him. Morons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement