Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yupp why?
    Do UPC generally have FX? I must be the only one :(

Its there but not part of the standard package :(

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Bader v rampage at ufc 144,tough fight for Bader

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Yupp why?

Yeah I have UPC and FX was included. I have the max entertainment package though (except for sky movies and sky sports) so maybe it only comes with that package.
    My girlfriends brother has the same problem though. He has UPC but no FX. Maybe you could give them a buzz and see why you don't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

pauldoo wrote: »

only chance bader has is if rampage comes in uninterested and unprepared. he has a habit of taking tuf people not very seriously (e.g. griffin)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Yupp why?

I don't have it either on UPC but I think I only have the standard package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Xlami wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with you. But don't really see Munoz doing anything if he's put on his back. I think he's just a less talented, more likeable version of Chael Sonnen.
    More likeable that the msot likable guy in MMA, thats unpossible
    pauldoo wrote: »

Heard this earlier, really like this fight

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

I think what's interesting about Sonnen-Munoz is not so much what Munoz Can/Can't do with Sonnen on top but what Chael will do if he can't take Mark down. I was watching an interview with Munoz (dont know how to embed the video as its not youtube -link below) and he pretty much said he handled Chael in a wrestling match in college and Chael tried to knee bar him (illegal in wrestling) in desperation :eek:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/11/23/2583486/ufc-mark-munoz-discusses-wrestling-match-with-chael-sonnen-mma-news)
    "We competed in college together. He wrestled at Oregon University, I wrestled at Oklahoma State. We end up going at it and I end up beating him pretty handily. But in that, he tried to submit me in a kneebar and then changed it into an ankle lock. No, sorry, a heel hook. Not a legal move in wrestling. He tried doing that to me and I felt my ankle pop and was like ‘aah’ and I knew that he did it so that he could try to come back. I was actually beating him pretty handily. I got upset during that match and was just ruthless in that fight afterwards.
    Years later we end up having dinner together and my wife is sitting at the table and she gets pretty upset, saying 'What's Chael Sonnen doing here? I hate that guy; he tried to hurt my husband.' Out of the blue, she said 'So, can you tell me why you did that?' He pretty much explained himself and… he's a good guy, man. He was like 'Can you blame me? I was getting beat!' So I guess...if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

It sounds liek he is complaining about the heel hook not the knee bar.
    I don't think there are any subs in collegiate wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

only chance bader has is if rampage comes in uninterested and unprepared. he has a habit of taking tuf people not very seriously (e.g. griffin)

Bader has a lot of chances here. Most decent fighters would have a good chance against Rampage. Because it's Rampage.

apart from talk, what does Rampage do better than most other fighters around? Nothing really.

Rampage will be favourite, i'll be sticking money on Bader should the number srepresent the value i think they will!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Rampage / Bader is just boring. There are much better fights for Rampage than Bader.

Rampage / Hamill was the worst PPV main event of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

MrStuffins wrote: »
    apart from talk, what does Rampage do better than most other fighters around? Nothing really.
    He has pretty good boxing for a LHW and decent wrestling he also has alot more experience than Bader.

Niall0 wrote: »
    He has pretty good boxing for a LHW and decent wrestling he also has alot more experience than Bader.

I'm of the opinion his boxing is a tad over rated. it's good, but not great. He seems to rely on his big hook A LOT! he has absolutely NO foot movement which, let's face it, would make him a pretty horrible prospect in a boxing match.

His kicks are horrible. He has no submissions, he hasn't submitted anyone (with a submission) in over 10 years.

He has this reputation as a big hitter, which is surely is, but not really against any modern fighter who has any sort of head and/or foot movement. The last time he KOd someone was Wandi almost 3 years ago.

I'm not slagging off Rampage here, but he seems to be living off his reputation.

I'd like to see a Hendo v Rampage rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I have to agree with the above.
    I think Rampage is just living off his reputation and will probably never get back to his best.
    I like Bader and think it'll be a harder fight for Rampage than people are making out.
    I can't see Rampage sticking with mma for much longer tbh.

I'd like to see a Hendo v Rampage rematch.

or a Forrest rematch. Both fights make more sense than Bader.

I was tempted to chance Bader for the upset but I was having a quick look at his record and he's not exactly beating world class competition- Lil Nog is his biggest scalp, closely followed by Keith Jardine.. Rampage on the other hand has been sharing the cage with the likes of Machida, Jones, Rashad, Hendo etc. Outclassed by Jones but not looking horrible even in some of his other defeats. If Tito can catch him with a punch I'd say rampage is well capable of doing likewise. It's a match I probably won't be betting on, but if I was having a free punt I'd say Rampage's experience, defensive wrestling and solid chin give him the edge.

CageWager wrote: »
    I was tempted to chance Bader for the upset but I was having a quick look at his record and he's not exactly beating world class competition- Lil Nog is his biggest scalp, closely followed by Keith Jardine.. Rampage on the other hand has been sharing the cage with the likes of Machida, Jones, Rashad, Hendo etc. Outclassed by Jones but not looking horrible even in some of his other defeats. If Tito can catch him with a punch I'd say rampage is well capable of doing likewise. It's a match I probably won't be betting on, but if I was having a free punt I'd say Rampage's experience, defensive wrestling and solid chin give him the edge.

Bit of a skewed way to look at it, "Sharing the stage". You could say the same about Bader, he "Shared the stage" with Jones too and got smashed.

Rampage decisioned a weirdly out of character Machida (coming off his first loss, a devestating one). Lost to Rashad and Hendo was a long time ago.

Rampage will be favourite but if the odds on Bader are good he's worth a punt. Rampage is no World Beater! He's far from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im liking the Brock/ Overeem promo

Miguel Torres has been released after apparently posting some inappropriate comment on twitter.

• Advertisement

It was a "rape van" joke,

"If a wondowless van was called a surprise van more often people wouldn't mind going for rides in them. Everyone likes surprises"

It might not appear like something to be cut but this is just weeks after Forrest was warned about doing something similar on twitter. Making another joke like this is retarded.
    Dana said it wasn't just about the comment, he apparently didn't respond very well when Dana and co spoke to him.
    Seriosuly, if you mess up, and Dana says "you messed up". simply reply, "sorry, i messed up". Don't try to defend it, its not that difficult.

Also, Evans made an equall stupid comment to Davis this week. The fact that he made an apology, and the fact that he is a headliner is the difference with Torres here.

Obviously it was a stupid tweet given the Forrest/Rashad incidents but to cut Torres is a bit of an overreaction IMO. I don't get how you can joke about child abuse and that just gets a slap on the wrist but a rape joke is an immediate sacking offence.

As much as Dana denies it, he is clearly affected by the partnership with Fox. He's now sacking guys for rape jokes when he himself was screaming at a camera calling Loretta Hunt a c*nt and her source a f*ggot not so long ago.

Everyone needs to chill the fcuk out when it comes to stuff like this.

Did you miss he part where I mentioned the way he reacted afterwards. Pretty important.

yeah I get your point, it's undoubtedly true that he handled the whole situation badly and when he was confronted by dana he should have done the smart thing and apologise/make a statement/charity donation like forrest did.

I was more talking from a big picture point of view, I think there should be some consistancy across the board. It's either ok for fighters to have total freedom of speech or not. It's not fair to cut a guy or not on the basis of Dana White's gut reaction as to whether or not is was a sackable offence. Forest had an explanation so that makes it ok? rashad is more valuable to Dana than torres so that makes what he said ok?

So miguel torres is sitting in front of the tv watching "its always sunny in philadelphia" and he hears a joke that's funny to him. he posts it on twitter. It was a dumb thing to do and in poor taste but its hardly any weaker or an excuse that forrest's "i was flicking through the news channels and saw 3 consecutive stories about different rapes so i'll go ahead and post rape is the new missionary on twitter".

These guys should all know better and they should be given some proper PR training but IMHO its not right to take away a guy's livelyhood based on one error in judgement of this nature. By all means slap him with a fine or whatever, but when forrest and rashad can walk free it doesnt seem fair.

Oh yeah, its definitely not fair.
    I just have no sympathy.

If you're goign to say something gumb, at least me smart enough to get out of it.

Mellor wrote: »
    If you're goign to say something gumb, at least me smart enough to get out of it.

Never a truer word spoken ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Is Miguel still eligible for the twitter bonus?

Dana has confirmed the 125 division is ready to go and they will make the official announcement this weekend.

Exciting stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Im liking the Brock/ Overeem promo

How come Brock is 6'3, Ubereem is 6'5 yet at the end they both look the same height?

Ubereem's gotta stop slouching.

• Advertisement

Dana has confirmed the 125 division is ready to go and they will make the official announcement this weekend.

Exciting stuff!

Im not sure whether this is a good move or not;

On the upside we have more championship fights, more title eliminators, more stars, the ufc need more now they have fox, versus, ppv and all the new markets they want to crack.

But on the downside, well im just feeling negative today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement