Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/15437-rumour-viacom-buying-bamma
    As the link explains it is only a rumour but it looks like Viacom could be buying BAMMA to link it to Bellator. I think this would be a huge deal for the promotion. I always think BAMMA put on exciting and entertaining cards. There president recently jumped ship to One FC, and they terminated the deal with Nate Marquart but I think they have a high quality product and want to see them survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Realistically though, would this have any particular benefit for BAMMA?

Didn't Cage Rage at one point have some kind of link with EliteXC when they were challenging the UFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Realistically though, would this have any particular benefit for BAMMA?

Didn't Cage Rage at one point have some kind of link with EliteXC when they were challenging the UFC?

They were both owned by Pro Elite.
    Think this could be different though since Bellator actually have a good product and strategy so having links with BAMMA might actually reap some benefits for both

Looks like its false anyway, they're set to announce the BAMMA 9 card today. Sorry for the misinformation.

King Mo Lawal Tests Positive for Steroid Drostanalone
    Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, the former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion who returned to the cage on January 7, may not be back in the cage any time soon after testing positive for a banned steroid.

Lawal tested positive for Drostanalone, the Nevada State Athletic Commission announced today.

Drostanalone can be used as a medication for lowering cholesterol and is sometimes prescribed to cancer patients, but it is also used as a performance-enhancing substance. It is particularly known as a steroid that athletes and bodybuilders use when they are attempting to maintain strength and muscle mass while cutting weight.

The Nevada Commission did not say what discipline Lawal will face, but fighters who test positive for performance-enhancing drugs typically have their license suspended for anywhere from six months to a year. Lawal's TKO victory was viewed as likely to earn him another shot at the Strikeforce light heavyweight title, but that apparently won't happen now.

Lawal is the second well-known Strikeforce fighter to fail a performance-enhancing drug test recently. Cris Cyborg, the promotion's 145-pound female champion, also tested positive for steroids at her most recent fight.

The Nevada Commission announced that all the other fighters who took part in the January 7 Strikeforce show tested negative for all banned substances.
    MMA Fighting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

King Mo Lawal Tests Positive for Steroid Drostanalone

MMA Fighting

Wow!

I'm guessing Rampage might have something to say on Twitter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wow!

I'm guessing Rampage might have something to say on Twitter :D

That was exactly my thoughts when I heard about it! He's said nothing yet but he's bound to say something about it soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Dana just posted...
    Munoz is injured and out of the FOX fight! Now it's Chael Sonnen vs Mike Bisping jan 28th and the winner will fight Anderson for the title

SONNEN SMASH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nice, time for Bisping to get his gob shut once and for all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Can't wait for that fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fukin class!!! cmon sonnen!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Can't wait to see what these boys have to say about each other in the media

I don't give Bisping much of chance. If he was fighting Sonnen he'd want 8 weeks to practice TD defense and that still probably wouldn't have been enough. Very tough fight for him. I'd love to see Maia Vs Palhares if he's clear to fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Ah ffs! Was looking forward to Munoz/Sonnen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    Ah ffs! Was looking forward to Munoz/Sonnen.

So was i, but looking forward to Bisping gettin battered more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

In a weird way (and for the first time) I want Bisping to win, so I can see Silva absolutely mangle him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Silva won't mangle him. He'll just knock him out.
    Sonnen is far more likely to give him a hiding for a decent period.
    Plus sonnen is a far better title fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Sonnen has opened up a 1/4 favourite over Bisping. Sounds about right, he's gona make absolute bits of him IMO. Bring on Silva-Sonnen II

Maia is now fighting Chris Weidman to complete the card

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Xlami wrote: »
    I don't give Bisping much of chance. If he was fighting Sonnen he'd want 8 weeks to practice TD defense and that still probably wouldn't have been enough. Very tough fight for him. I'd love to see Maia Vs Palhares if he's clear to fight.

That would have been interesting.

Apparently Paul Harris was offered the Maia fight but turned it down so it' Maia v Chris Weidman.

• Advertisement

loremolis wrote: »

Apparently Paul Harris was offered the Maia fight but turned it down so it' Maia v Chris Weidman.

Palhares doesn't have a valid passport so he can't fight on short notice.

Also feck Wikipedia and feck SOPA.

This has caught me a few times already today.:pac:
    "Hmmm...ill just check on wiki"
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    desk%20flip.png

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

dojojoe wrote: »

Palhares doesn't have a valid passport so he can't fight on short notice.

Paul Harris doesn't need a passport.
    They just need to dismantle him and ship him there.

Why feck Wikipedia?
    What is SOPA?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Paul Harris doesn't need a passport.
    They just need to dismantle him and ship him there.

Why feck Wikipedia?
    What is SOPA?
    Wiki is on a self imposed 24 hour strike against attacks on freedom of info or copyrighting or something like that in the States.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see what these boys have to say about each other in the media

That's a small bummer about this. The fight is just 2 weeks away, not a lot of time for them to slag each other off in the media. I'd say Sonnen would have A LOT to say about Bisping, he already has :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Wiki is on a self imposed 24 hour strike against attacks on freedom of info or copyrighting or something like that in the States.

Off topic but...If you disable scripting on that page and refresh, you get the real Wiki page. Or a bit of brute force by clicking refresh twice quickly will also by bypass the SOPA stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Jayo_M wrote: »
    Or a bit of brute force by clicking refresh twice quickly will also by bypass the SOPA stuff.

Ha thats what I did

It's easier to just do this.

When the Wiki page loads up, and just before the SOPA stuff comes up, press Esc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

If you add ?banner=none to the end of the link, it acts as normal, eg wikipedia.org/UFC?banner=none.

• Advertisement

Cain v Bigfoot is not happening according to this article

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement