Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

loremolis wrote: »

As a matter of interest which of the Octagon girls is the hottest?

In order:

1 Brittney Palmer

2 Arianny Celeste

3 Mike Goldberg

4 Chandella Powell

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I miss Logan. But nom nom for Britney

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Looks like Chandella has gotten the cut anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Xlami wrote: »
    Looks like Chandella has gotten the cut anyway.

I dunno about the cut, but she's definitely had the snip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Best finish i've ever seen :eek:

The other guy had no striking what so ever. He was just standing there so pretty easy to land a fairly standard kickboxing kick. He wouldn't be able to do any of that against higher level guys.

Plus he didn't even knock him out. He rocked him a bit and just stood. And the ref stopped it.

Barboza's KOTY pisses all over it imo.
    Edson+Barboza+Spinning+Heel+Kicks+Terry+Etim+-+UFC+142+%2528Multiple+Angles%2529.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

JJayoo wrote: »

From 2.55

Disrespectful? Entertaining?

The ring announcer's suit is ****ing shocking tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

The ring announcer's suit is ****ing shocking tbh.

100% agreed!! and he really thinks he's the shizzle-does not realise it's about the fighters not the lad dressed in Tacky gear doing MC..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

BJ Penn.com reporting Chandella Powell has been released!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

MrStuffins wrote: »
    BJ Penn.com reporting Chandella Powell has been released!

The bit of soft core pron didn't help in her past which has come out (google is your friend) but I'm surprised this wasn't copped earlier since she's with them since late 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

JJayoo wrote: »

From 2.55

Disrespectful? Entertaining?

Hell of a lot of showboating from a guy making his MMA debut against someone else who's new to the sport.
    I'd be more impressed by the finish if it was against a more solid opponent and if he'd just gone in and got the job done. That kind of cocky behaviour is something he's gonna get heavily punished for if he keeps it up against folks higher up the food chain.
    Also, why did the ref stop the fight? Opponent staggered and fell, but was righting himself and appeared alert.

• Advertisement

Odats wrote: »
    The bit of soft core pron didn't help in her past which has come out (google is your friend) but I'm surprised this wasn't copped earlier since she's with them since late 2009.
    It was under a different name, guessign why it went under the radar
    Hell of a lot of showboating from a guy making his MMA debut
    I think debut was a mistake from the announcer, as a record came up for him, 2-2 I think (which could of equally been a mistake)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Odats wrote: »

Nobody bothered to search for it...

That's ridiculous if she's been cut. Nudity is not wrong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Nobody bothered to search for it...

That's ridiculous if she's been cut. Nudity is not wrong!!

If she didn't tell UFC about it before they hired her then I think they are more than in their rights to fire her. It's a shame though, she seems like the soundest of the three ring girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

If she didn't tell UFC about it before they hired her then I think they are more than in their rights to fire her. It's a shame though, she seems like the soundest of the three ring girls.

But what message is it sending - nudity is worse than violence and/or drug abuse?

Really, it seems awfully backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

The network deal with Fox may have something to do with it, they are probably gonna be fairly strict about alot of things from now on.
    I feel sorry for the girl, and I wonder if they would have hired her or not in the first place if they'd known.

But what message is it sending - nudity is worse than violence and/or drug abuse?

Not the issue, if she didn't disclose it before she signed her contract it's her own fault. As bad as it sounds they're a very disposable part of the company. Sure God knows what Edith Labelle is at know.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mayhem Miller set to return in UFC 146 to fight C.B Dolloway. Really hope he buckles down and gets his cardio sorted. Really looking forward to it anyway and with JDS fighting Overeem on the same card, it's shaping up to be a tasty one.

Rampage has a go at Joe Rogan. Around the 6:15 mark.

I think he has a point too.

Rampage has a go at Joe Rogan. Around the 6:15 mark.

He has what APPEARS as a point. But to me he's coming across like he just doesn't like to be criticised! Joe Rogan is there to commentate and gives his opinion.

I mean, his little sh*t-talking bit there shows naivity to me. The lad IS one dimensional! He even says BJJ is boring to him so he doesn't do it! And if it's the case that he can't be arsed learning the techniques that he needs to be the best in the world and compete with guys in his sport, then what gives him the right to stand in the cage and say things like "I want my belt back"??

Rampage likes to stand, he has DECENT boxing and power in his hands........ that's about it! He probably misses the days when he was a Pro-Wrestlingesque superstar in Japan and he was used to everyone kissing his arse!

MrStuffins wrote: »

Rampage likes to stand, he has DECENT boxing and power in his hands........ that's about it! He probably misses the days when he was a Pro-Wrestlingesque superstar in Japan and he was used to everyone kissing his arse!

He has a lot more than boxing skills. The trouble is he has just been an out an out boxer for the last 5 or so years. He held his own in the wrestling department against Hendo. His leg kicks were working very well in the Jones fight until he abandoned them completely. He has a great skill set but just doesn't use them.

• Advertisement

He has a lot more than boxing skills. The trouble is he has just been an out an out boxer for the last 5 or so years. He held his own in the wrestling department against Hendo. His leg kicks were working very well in the Jones fight until he abandoned them completely. He has a great skill set but just doesn't use them.

He was ok wrestling and basic leg-kicks!

He's ridiculously one-dimensional. And it doesn't really matter what skills he has unless he's willing to use them. For all I know he has the best flying gogoplata in the world, but what's the point unless he's going to use it?

Rampage WAS one of the best in the world but the mma world has evolved and he hasn't kept up with it. The game changed and he's still the same which is why he probably won't win another title.
    I'm a Rampage fan but he's not in the same league as the top level guys now.
    He does have a point about Rogan and his biased commentary but he made the point all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sneaky sneaky Lorenzo :pac:
    UFC Boss Pays $1.1 Million For Muhammad Ali Gloves | Bob Arum Proclaims He Loves The UFC

UFC Head Honcho Lorenzo Fertitta did a good deed recently and got a bit of redemption in the process.

In a charity auction geared towards raising money for brain research through the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health and the Muhammad Ali Center in Louisville, Kentucky, Fertitta bid $1.1 million for a pair of Ali’s gloves and won.

The gloves he purchased where the same gloves Ali wore in his 1965 heavyweight title fight in Las Vegas, Nevada in his victory over Floyd Patterson.

Fertitta also got to hear long time UFC detractor and boxing promoter Bob Arum say that “He loves the UFC.”

According to reports, the bidding stalled out at around $750k and Fertitta put in a special condition that he would bid higher if Arum would concede to the fact that he loved the UFC.

For those who are unaware, Bob Arum has gone on record countless times bashing the UFC and promoting his own sport in the process. Most notably he has called MMA fighters “Homosexuals” who like to roll on the ground together.

Good Job Lorenzo!
    bjpenn.com

Nate the Great is back..... kinda
    Nate Marquardt's professional purgatory is over. One of the MMA world's top free agents, the veteran has been signed by Zuffa, but in a surprise move, inked to the UFC's sister promotion Strikeforce.

The signing, confirmed by Zuffa's Dana White, was reported on Tuesday's edition of FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight."

Marquardt, a perennial top 10 middleweight during a six-year run in the UFC, is expected to compete as a welterweight in Strikeforce. The 32-year-old hasn't fought since last March, when he earned a unanimous decision victory over Dan Miller at UFC 128.

One of the more bizarre episodes in UFC history led to his release. In June 2011, Marquardt seemed set to make his welterweight debut in a match against Rick Story, but on the day of weigh-ins, he was denied a fighter's license by the Pennsylvania state athletic commission after failing to satisfy the requirements for a therapeutic use exemption for hormone replacement therapy.

He was immediately cut from the organization by White.

Just about one month later, Marquardt signed with UK promotion BAMMA, making him the highest-profile fighter in the organization's short history. As it turns out, he never actually fought in their cage.

After Marquardt's BAMMA debut was delayed twice by the promotion, the two sides parted ways in January, allowing Marquardt to explore other opportunities.

While UFC president Dana White said in the aftermath of the Marquardt firing that Marquardt would never fight for the UFC again, he never closed the door on a possible Strikeforce signing.

Just last month, White seemed to acknowledge that he was open to a Marquardt return, saying "I don't dislike Nate. I like Nate very much. We'll see what happens."

What happened is a return into the Zuffa family, where Marquardt will be a welcome addition to a division that is clearly lacking in veteran star power. Aside from Tyron Woodley, top fighters in the division include Tarec Saffiedine, Jordan Mein and Jason High.

Source

Was always happening when he remained in limbo this long. I have no idea why Belator let a huge opportunity for promotion like Marquart slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

its a pity he was cut, i thought he could have been a real force in the ufc welterweight division, think hes goin to clean up in strikeforce

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

It has very little to do with nudity or the moral concept, Ring Girls have done Playboy and she herself had done Playboy before joining Zuffa as a ring girl.

It's about ownership of image and that's about it. If she had declared the shoot to Zuffa i imagine they would have bought the rights to the images and been able to control them. As it is they developed a career of someone who maybe had images under the control of a less scrupulous 3rd party. As a ring girl her rights to her image are important...no point in blindly developing someone if it benefits people who have no stake in your business.

Yeh Liam Fisher really messed BAMMA up by jumping ship. They had Nate signed and weren't able to get him a fight and their latest card is their weakest so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Dan Hardy v Duane Ludwig @ UFC 146.

• Advertisement

Dan Hardy v Duane Ludwig @ UFC 146.

Hardy has lost 4 in a row now. If he loses this one he HAS to get cut.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement