Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lil nog out of the Gustafsson fight, Thiago Silva steps in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I just listened back to the mma coverage on Off The Ball.
    Well the word coverage is a bit of a stretch.
    They had some idiot on talking about the UFC and he basically said people watch it in the hope of seeing someone get killed or seriously injured. :rolleyes:

Píss poor attempt at making any sort of a stab at talking about the sport. Why couldn't they get someone on who actually knows something about it rather than a badly mis-informed journalist.
    They spent about 10 minutes max on the subject and basically covered nothing. It did nothing to generate new interest in the sport. No mention of Irish mma either, just talked about the UFC as if that IS the sport. I understand that it's the main organisation but a little mention of the local scene to generate interest wouldn't have gone amiss.

Jaysus!!

Did you say there was a podcast for this? Any links? I'd really like to listen to this!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Jaysus!!

Did you say there was a podcast for this? Any links? I'd really like to listen to this!

You can listen back on the website. Here's the link.
    It's in part 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Rematch anyone??.......it's on!! Thanks to @danawhite @lorenzofertitta. Me and Henderson 2. Here we go!!

From Frankie Edgar on Twitter.

• Advertisement

I really hope that fight comes true. I'm a big Edgar fan and I'd love to see him have another go at Henderson.
    But, as much as I hate to say it, I think Henderson will beat him again. He's just too big and too well-rounded for Frankie to handle. Hope I'm wrong though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Just tweeted by Jon Anik:

I guess it'll be clashing with a few UFC events in the future (ie Jones vs. Evans)??
    They are both live events. You are forgettign its the next day after midnight

TUF is Fri night in the US. Saturday in Ire
    PPVs are Sat night in the US. Sunday here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Mellor wrote: »

Ah thanks Mellor, bit slow today :o

Mellor wrote: »

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Ah thanks Mellor, bit slow today :o

I bloody said that a page ago!!
    Nah, It's live in The States on Friday night, meaning it'll be live here at 2AM Sat morning

GAAAWWWWWWWWWDDDD!!!!!!!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Guess they both have ya on ignore then :P

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Guess they both have ya on ignore then :P

Lol! They wouldn't be the only ones on the MMA forum :P

I'm just surprised not everyone does :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lol! They wouldn't be the only ones on the MMA forum :P

I'm just surprised not everyone does :pac:

I didn't realise ya could put mods on yer ignore list but ya can :D:D

lol, I swan up and take all the credit

Oh Mr. Stuffins, we're not worthy! :p

bow_down.png

Confirmed
    Dana White @danawhite
    Frankie Edgar and Ben Henderson rematch will be this summer

10:44 AM - 7 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

He deserves it, how could they make him fight same opponent multiple times and not give him the same opportunity, especially since it was such a close fight.

Don't think Pettis should get there the winner of Miller/Diaz should be after Frankie.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    He deserves it, how could they make him fight same opponent multiple times and not give him the same opportunity, especially since it was such a close fight.

Don't think Pettis should get there the winner of Miller/Diaz should be after Frankie.

The way the timing is working out I reckon the winner of Diaz v Miller will fight Pettis for the next shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The way the timing is working out I reckon the winner of Diaz v Miller will fight Pettis for the next shot!

I love love to see Miller v Pettis, for me it would be one of the more fascinating battles, however Miller shot at the title would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Dean09 wrote: »
    You can listen back on the website. Here's the link.
    It's in part 2

That guy was poor. we only watch it to see someone die.....enough said. And ufc suffers because it cant hold onto star names for too long as they get knocked out/tapped and the next name comes along, this guy hasnt taken much notice of the middleweight/welterweight division for the past 5 years. Guy talked well about the business side, but doesnt know too much about the fighting

Looks like Tim Sylvia is definitely not getting another shot at the UFC.
    Mar 6, 2012 - Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia has spent much of the last few weeks publicly pleading for one more run in the UFC. Earlier this week, he appeared on The MMA Hour and even said he'd be willing to fight for free in order to prove himself again.

It appears his campaigning has failed to sway the UFC's decision makers, however.

On Tuesday, MMA Fighting began to ask company president Dana White if he was reconsidering his decision to shut the door on a Sylvia return, but he didn't even need to wait for the question to be finished before giving an emphatic response.

"Hell no," he said. "Hell no."

No further elaboration was offered or necessary.

The 36-year-old Sylvia (30-7) had two title reigns during his octagon days, first capturing the belt in February 2003 by knocking out Ricco Rodriguez. After a positive steroids test derailed that first run at the top, he recaptured the top spot in April 2006 with a KO of Andrei Arlovski.

He eventually dropped the championship in one of the UFC's all-time classic moments, when 43-year-old Randy Couture returned from retirement to romp his way to the belt in a unanimous decision victory.

Sylvia left the promotion two fights later, and after making a hefty payday at Affliction: Banned during a loss to Fedor Emelianenko, he's been an MMA nomad. He reached his career low point in a knockout loss to boxer Ray Mercer in an MMA rules bout, but since then he's won six of seven.

Judging from White's response, Sylvia could win 10 more in a row and he still won't be welcomed back to the UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

holy sh*t UFC 146 is a stacked card!! My 2 fave fighters Mir and Miller. Winner of Mir/Cain gets a title shot.

Junior Dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem
    Antonio Silva vs Roy Nelson
    Jason Miller vs CB Dolloway
    Dan Hardy vs Duane Ludwig
    Jacob Volkmann vs Paul Sass
    Gabriel Gonzaga vs Shane Del Rosario
    Darren Elkins vs Diego Brandao
    Kyle Kingsbury vs Glover Teixeira

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Antonio Silva vs Roy Nelson

Pity Nelson is remaining at HW, thought he was fairly public about him losing weight on his twitter account and moving down to light heavy. FA point in letting him stay at heavyweight, he's only good for taking beatings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 SeanieMurphy

john jones v anderson silva now da a fight wha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 SeanieMurphy

john jones v anderson silva now da a fight wha

ye i' gon be a' anima' fi' wha'?

Don' be star'tin' na'in round here kiiiiiid.

Cain Velasquez v Frank Mir officially confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dean09 wrote: »
    Cain Velasquez v Frank Mir officially confirmed

Picking Velasquez there anyway. I see him beating Mir on the feet and I dont see Mir being able to get and keep him on the ground

BJ Penn.com are reporting that Tyson Griffin failed a drug test for marajuana after UFC 123, however he was never punished. Strange one this.......

http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/03/09/report-tyson-griffin-failed-ufc-123-drug-test-positive-for-marijuana-no-suspension-given-16622.html

• Advertisement

Different AC so doesnt mean much really. Plus it was his first time, Diaz failed before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement