Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

needs to be a good fight for both guys

Palhares needs a win too... he's prob the underdog though

If Lombard takes him ..could get Okami after that? Hard to think anyone further up the table like Munoz or Stann ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Two beasts, Palhares leg presses 300 Kilos for fun and once he has your leg it's over.

Tell that to Belcher...

Edit, too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Forgot that lombard fought in the ufc. His fight was terrible and hope he goes out and fights this time.
    If he gets a good win by ko he could get the loser of Bisbing and stann or Belcher.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

That Belcher vs Palhares fight was unbelievable, Belcher's fights are always great, shame he has had so much bad luck with injuries.

Lombard allegedly made 400k for his last fight, so they are definitely going to put him against top guys. I'd imagine if he wins he will fight one of Bisping, Stann, Munoz, a fight against Okami has the potential to be even more boring than the Boetsch one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,327 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Palhares had belcher leg and it wasn't over :-).
    Apart from that agree should be a good fight. Forgot the Lombard fight for awhile as it was so poor.
    To be fair, he never really had it.
    He shot a low single, but Belcher went to lock down instantly and from there he was in the dominant position. Trying for the twister, and doing pretty well considering. H had obviously drilled the **** out of Palhares' takedowns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Rampage out of 153 injured against Teixera (sp?), should be far enough out to find a replacement at least though.

...Aldo now out of same event, ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Getting a lot more difficult to look forward to events now, in the back of my head I'm looking at who is gonna drop out injured. Serious setback for this card while the non event that was supposed to be 151 is still only fresh in memory

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

weemcd wrote: »
    Getting a lot more difficult to look forward to events now, in the back of my head I'm looking at who is gonna drop out injured.
    :(

Yep. I find myself thinking the same thing in the lead up to events now too. I'm nearly afraid to look forward to a fight now because chances are it's gonna crumble due to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Am I the only one realising that Aldo getting injured before a fight is such a regular occurrence now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Apparently its related to getting hit by the car

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Apparently its related to getting hit by the car

You should see the state of the car!

What's the story with TUF?

Nelson vs Carwin and the UK vs Oz seasons both around the corner and I don't see any mentions on the planner.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    What's the story with TUF?

Nelson vs Carwin and the UK vs Oz seasons both around the corner and I don't see any mentions on the planner.

TUF16 is due to start on Friday on FX. I can't see any listings for it yet though so I'm not sure if it'll be the same for us or if it'll be a couple of days later.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Promo for the new season here

http://www.cagepotato.com/the-ultimate-fighter-16-preview-a-whole-lot-more-of-what-you-hate-video/

No idea how you can watch it here though

It's being announced tomorrow (Wednesday) where it's airing I believe. That came from a espn twitter account so I'd imagine they have it, just a matter of how delayed it'll be.

TUF BREAKING NEWS: The first episode of The Smashes will premiere at midnight on Wednesday 19th September on @ESPNUK #tufsmashes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

midnight! What a great time slot midnight on a weekday! Guess I'll have to leave the pvr plugged in and record.

TUF BREAKING NEWS: The first episode of The Smashes will premiere at midnight on Wednesday 19th September on @ESPNUK #tufsmashes

You would swear that ESPN are doing their best to lose viewers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Palhares leg presses 300 Kilos for fun

In fairness anyone who is lifting seriously would be doing 300 kg leg presses after about 3 - 6 months.

I was at 300 kg after 3 months and I'm a normal guy.

But I agree with your general sentiment, should be an entertaining fight!

• Advertisement

You would swear that ESPN are doing their best to lose viewers...

In fairness, are there many people who have ESPN and don't have the facility to record? I don't think I watch ANY real time tv anymore if you exclude sport.

Anyway, I won't be watching it on ESPN! I've never watched TUF on TV! Interwebs ftw!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    In fairness, are there many people who have ESPN and don't have the facility to record? I don't think I watch ANY real time tv anymore if you exclude sport.

Anyway, I won't be watching it on ESPN! I've never watched TUF on TV! Interwebs ftw!

The point is maybe more about not gaining viewers, rather than losing them.

I haven't seen a single advert for either TUF. It takes scouring the internet to try and find out when it's on, and what casual fans do they expect to pull in with a midnight slot?

I haven't seen a single advert for either TUF. It takes scouring the internet to try and find out when it's on, and what casual fans do they expect to pull in with a midnight slot?

True! ESPN haven't shown an interest in promoting UFC for a long time now. And i don't think they have any interest in doing so either!

Very good point. The only time you ever actually see the UFC being advertised on ESPN is on an ad break during an event.
    They never push for new viewers and ESPN is doing no favours for the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,327 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

In fairness anyone who is lifting seriously would be doing 300 kg leg presses after about 3 - 6 months.

I was at 300 kg after 3 months and I'm a normal guy.

But I agree with your general sentiment, should be an entertaining fight!
    There's a big difference between a guy who can actually leg press 300kg properly and a guy who loads 300kg on to the leg press machine and moves it a little. 90% of people I see using a leg press machine are doing it wrong and put too much weight on and don't move it all the way down. They get a wake up call when they try and move to squats expecting big numbers.

If you were at 300kg as a beginner, then you were probably not doing it right imo.

I seen the Paul Harris work out video that the previous posted was on about, there was also some pretty heavy benching going on.

New main event at 153...

Anderson Silva vs Stefan Bonner! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Don't know what to make of this, 3 of the 4 fighters in the main and co-main have a combined UFC record of 10-8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

New main event at 153...

Anderson Silva vs Stefan Bonner! :D
    Do people really want to see that fight? I don't, very strange, so now we have two events in a row with mws moving up to lhw that no fan wanted to see!

Would have liked to see weidman silva and bonnar sonnen instead seeing as all 4 of guys guys seem to want to fight at short notice now

I didn't see that one coming.
    I can't reall see anyone getting too excited about this one though.
    It'll be interesting but I predict a bad night for Bonnar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dean09 wrote: »
    I didn't see that one coming.
    I can't reall see anyone getting too excited about this one though.
    It'll be interesting but I predict a bad night for Bonnar.

Nah, I reckon Silva will act the maggot, like he did in Abu Dabi Doo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement