Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've never wanted someone to win as bad as I want Bonnar to. He should have some good odds as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

bonnar to win by flying heel hook..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

moongoose wrote: »
    bonnar to win by flying heel hook..... :p

Crazy bugger would probably try it too!

still better than a spinning back elbow....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Bonnar will go the same way as forrest

• Advertisement

running straight to the back?

hard to tell how the fight will go. you'd expect silva to walk through him but the other thing to look at is the extra weight silva will be carrying & also how will this affect his cardio?
    as for bonnar he's never been the most skilled fighter but he is one determined git.
    seens the question is what if so & so wins these days should we ask the what if for this?

what if bonnar wins? will we then see tuf bonnar v griffin :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

silva generally walks around the same weight as JJ when not fighting factoring in the fact that hes training with that weight yeah he might be a bit slower but his agility and other skills shouldn't be compromised in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

moongoose wrote: »
    running straight to the back?

hard to tell how the fight will go. you'd expect silva to walk through him but the other thing to look at is the extra weight silva will be carrying & also how will this affect his cardio?
    as for bonnar he's never been the most skilled fighter but he is one determined git.
    seens the question is what if so & so wins these days should we ask the what if for this?

what if bonnar wins? will we then see tuf bonnar v griffin :P

People said the same stuff before Silva fought Forrest. He might not TKO Bonnar, unless it's because of a cut as Bonnar has a very hard head.

If Anderson really wrecks him it might tell us a little more of how Anderson and Jon Jones compare as it will be a common opponent.

or if it goes the other way it'll let us know if bonnar is ready for a rematcdh with jones? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Happy bonnar is fighting again but against the spider is not good news. Really like bonnar so not happy as he will probably get ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Belcher vs Okami at 155 tweeted by Helwani.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

BONNAR?

FFS, who the hell wants to see that, Anderson is being fed Bonnar here no mistake, could actually see him properly KO'd cold for the first time. The two could not be further apart at the minute.

Dana, all I wanted was Anderson vs. Shogun, was that too much to ask?

No offence to bonnar, or any bonnar fans, he has no chance. Bonnar did get the big fight he wanted but it does not bode well for him. I would have been on the phone to Rashad, Rua, Bader or Gustafsson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

weemcd wrote: »
    BONNAR?

FFS, who the hell wants to see that, Anderson is being fed Bonnar here no mistake, could actually see him properly KO'd cold for the first time. The two could not be further apart at the minute.

Dana, all I wanted was Anderson vs. Shogun, was that too much to ask?

No offence to bonnar, or any bonnar fans, he has no chance. Bonnar did get the big fight he wanted but it does not bode well for him. I would have been on the phone to Rashad, Rua, Bader or Gustafsson

The reality of the situation is that very few fighters would want to fight Anderson Silva on that short of notice. I'd say UFC made a load of phone calls to fighters and were rejected by all except Bonnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I wonder was Sonnen waiting by the phone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Not excited by the silva bonnar fight but the what if factor is huge. I will be as happy as a dog with too mickys if bonner wins.

Ps i am a silva fan but its the underdog i always love

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Big lad though, Silva will look completely outsized so that does affect the fairness of the thing IMO.

Bonnar walks around healthy not fat at over 17 stone, has a wing span of 80 inches!! is 6 foot 4 inches tall and has gas for days when he's at his peak and a jaw made of Diamond, and is a pedigree BJJ black belt with pro Muay Thai experience with 14 fights in the UFC and has won his last 3 and is a more powerful guy than Silva. So take The American Psycho lightly at your peril, the guys is one tough tough MF and he fears...no man!

(but feck all that... Silva wins second round by cornering Bonnar against the fence peppering him with strikes until Bonnar's ugly footwork puts him in trouble trying to get off the fence and Silva TKO's him)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Big lad though, Silva will look completely outsized so that does affect the fairness of the thing IMO.

Bonnar walks around healthy not fat at over 17 stone, has a wing span of 80 inches!! is 6 foot 4 inches tall and has gas for days when he's at his peak and a jaw made of Diamond, and is a pedigree BJJ black belt with pro Muay Thai experience with 14 fights in the UFC and has won his last 3 and is a more powerful guy than Silva. So take The American Psycho lightly at your peril, the guys is one tough tough MF and he fears...no man!

(but feck all that... Silva wins second round by cornering Bonnar against the fence peppering him with strikes until Bonnar's ugly footwork puts him in trouble trying to get off the fence and Silva TKO's him)

Wing span,lol.I love that description

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I read that in my head with Sonnens voice, as if he was selling the fight for Bonnar :pac:

check this out

9 years to this day a 25 yr old Lyoto actually fought Bonnar in a boxing ring in his second MMA fight ever...

Dragon v Psycho
    13 Sept 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tNkQYpbrTo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭threeball

I know they're mates but how do you reckon a Silva Machida fight would go. Be like watching two cobras going at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Ush1 wrote: »
    Belcher vs Okami at 155 tweeted by Helwani.
    Pretty tough cut for both fighters to get down to 155... :D

I read that like that at first lol

Machida v Spider

couldn't call that one with any sort of confidence at all. As far as pure cut off/counter punching.. I think Machida is incredible when he's at his best.. prob better than Silva, bigger puncher too but as far as all round 'in the bubble' striking I'd say Silva is best ever so it would depend on how they engaged. I really wish they weren't good mates coz that is such an amazing 205 fight. Machida is better than his recent record suggests.. he's a better fighter than Jackson (by far), he's at least as good as Rua and he looked so sharp v Bader. I'm gona say Machida by TKO but it would need to be early he wouldn't take a decision from Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

threeball wrote: »
    I know they're mates but how do you reckon a Silva Machida fight would go. Be like watching two cobras going at it

This fight can not happen for humanity's sake!

Can you imagine what would happen when 2 fighters using Steven Seagal's deadly techniques used them on one another at the same time? The universe would implode!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭threeball

MrStuffins wrote: »

Can you imagine what would happen when 2 fighters using Steven Seagal's deadly techniques used them on one another at the same time? The universe would implode!!

But what a way to go!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

MrStuffins wrote: »

3qwnez.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

First episode of TUF now on Monday night @ midnight according to ESPN

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

First episode of TUF now on Monday night @ midnight according to ESPN

I hate the way they show it a couple of days later. That means avoiding all mma websites all weekend because of spoilers. Even my Facebook news feed will be full of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Mellor wrote: »
    There's a big difference between a guy who can actually leg press 300kg properly and a guy who loads 300kg on to the leg press machine and moves it a little.

I never said they were only moving it a little, I said leg press. The average person should be able to make very fast progress doing leg presses, but what you've probably seen is the guys who spend most of their time working their glamour muscles and half heartedly work their legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Just watching BAMMA live from Wembley. The interviewer says to the winner "Wow just how long is this going to go on?, How long can you keep fighting?".
    The winner answers in all honesty "Until i have to start juicing up".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement