Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

So I read bonnar hasn't trained at all for 10months, what a joke of a fighy. Although he may be bull****ting

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

it's bonnar....... when has he ever been serious?

moongoose wrote: »
    it's bonnar....... when has he ever been serious?

so you think he hasnt been training or that he isnt serious about not training?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

adamski8 wrote: »
    so you think he hasnt been training or that he isnt serious about not training?

He said in a previous interview that he had actually retired, just didn't make a media announcement about it!

The offer to fight Silva brought him out of retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

i think i read somewhere that he'd been training in thailand for over a year [general traing instead of figth camp]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Anyone who claims to have been training in Thailand is lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

dunno bout that I was training at a place in Thailand and a jaysus load of UFC veterans had been training there on the QT over the years... pics everywhere ... not many top top guys but Kenflo, Fitch, Ebersole, people like that and a load of lower tier guys.. was a regular thing to have at least a couple UFC guys there at any one time for a few weeks to lose weight and focus on MT but they wouldn't make a deal of it so as not to have people like me stalking them for an autograph or something : )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I think he was implying they maybe participating in "other" activities rather than training! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

2rrnlw8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

dave1982 wrote: »
    2rrnlw8.jpg

That'll be weird. When was the last time Bruce didn't announce one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

dave1982 wrote: »
    2rrnlw8.jpg

We can all hope this is his replacement...

200px-Alf_Stewart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I hope it's that horribly awkward guy from Strikeforce

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

That horsey looking ring girl with the huge fake boobs... what were they thinking?!

"I bet she could show you a thing or two"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Maybe they'll get the old guy from the original UFCs who had that strange way of repeating people's second name like it was an echo...

Royce Gracie............ Gracie

Actually that used to annoy the crap out of me :D Better get Alf "Flaming galah!" Stewart so as Jimmy suggested :)

RainMaker wrote: »
    Maybe they'll get the old guy from the original UFCs who had that strange way of repeating people's second name like it was an echo...

Royce Gracie............ Gracie

Actually that used to annoy the crap out of me :D Better get Alf "Flaming galah!" Stewart so as Jimmy suggested :)

Rich 'The G Man' Goins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Lenne Hardt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Lenne Hardt!!!
    The most annoying voice in mma!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

http://twitter.com/danawhite/status/254036203278577664/photo/1?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=danawhite&utm_content=254036203278577664&ref=nf

Dana White is big into posting pictures of Rousey, looks like womens MMA is on the way to the UFC or else hes after her

• Registered Users Posts: 39,327 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He talks about her a bit. He's also specifically asked about her a bit too.
    "She's a (expletive) unique individual. She's like a Diaz brother," continued White, who said Rousey is actually in full-camp mode, training with the Diaz brothers, Nick and Nate, in Stockton despite the fact that she does not have a fight scheduled.

"She really is. Inside like a (expletive) dude trapped in this beautiful body. The reason I got interested in women's MMA is because of her ... everyone is like it's cause she's good-looking and 'Dana blah-blah.' Gina Carano is good-looking too. She's very pretty. There's (expletive) something different about Ronda Rousey."

I see his point tbh. Obviously, her looks is part of her appeal. But having her ability is whats separates her from the others.

The Cyborg fight needs to happen.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »

Ronda would get slaughtered. Cyborg is just too much man for Rousey to handle.

Browne v bigfoot tonight. Im surprised there isn't a thread. No prelims in espn again.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Anybody know if the Fuel fights get shown on ufc.tv/facebook stream ?

Stephens was arrested aparenty and his fight be called off. Hallman fight has already been scraped!+++

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Was looking on UFC's facebook page and appears that we can watch the prelims on ufc.tv

Browne v bigfoot tonight. Im surprised there isn't a thread.
    Feels like there has been zero buzz for this card, probably cause UFC 153 and Anderson Silva are next week.

Seems Stephens fight is off according to Josh Gross tweet

Mellor wrote: »

Ronda would get slaughtered. Cyborg is just too much man for Rousey to handle.
    She's definitely the stronger of the two, goong by past proformances. But dropping to 135 is a lot. She'd lose a lot if her strength.
    Also, I'm assuming that she's not taking steroids anymore, which would affect her too. But that might be the case if she used her 1 year holiday as a free for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Aleksander

21 wins 5 losses, Won 12 out of last 14 fights - On 4 fight win streak
    Good MMA boxer IMO
    been pro 9 yrs
    Pride experience... not to be sniffed at : )
    Still only 31 years old
    255lbs - 6’4’’ – not too much fat on him either
    3 of his 5 losses are to Barnett, Werdum and Crocop
    think he has fantastic boxing technique and quick enough feet for a HW and he turns over his knuckles like his bro when he hits hard, hence he drops people regularly, and he’s been gradually improving his general game last 3 years.
    Obviously there's the Dana + Any Emelianenko issue
    He’s one of those ‘I wonder if’ lads I’d love to see in the UFC … just to see how he’d do

Most recent fight

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Isn't there something about him that stops him being licensed in the us. There was rumours about hepatitis or something for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Isn't there something about him that stops him being licensed in the us. There was rumours about hepatitis or something for a while

Your right. He has hepatitis, very few bodies will sanction him. The UFC can't have him either because if he can't get sanctioned in the US and gets to number 1 contender the fight will have to be held somewhere else. Canada will have similiar rules regarding hepatitis because they pretty much copy what medical rules are in the US sanctioning bodies.

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »

Your right. He has hepatitis, very few bodies will sanction him.
    It's stil not confirmed what the situation is.

The CSAC wouldn't license him, but won't say why.
    Some polish mma promotion pued his fight saying he had Hep C. He denied it. And went on to fight with a different polish promotion - who published the Medicals giving him the all-clear.

It's a but moot though. If its not Hep, it's something else, CSAC have suggested won't ever license him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement