Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Why not just put Carwin in against Perosh and both on crutches. Thrown in a few ladders and chairs and we've got ourselves a fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Tin foil hats ready
    I suspect Carwin was never really fight fit in the first place and the fight wasn't very realistic and known insiders from the off. My view is that big country knew this which explains his indifference in coaching. Carwins $10k track & field scoop was payoff of sorts for doing the show and past glories he provided ufc as they always knew Carwin would win those track&field challenges against big country injured or not.

Yeh in this interview he says straight out he's injured. So don't understand why the fight was not cancelled sooner. Would like to see Pat Barry step up. Think he'd beat Nelson and give him a big win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Dana: Ronda Rousey officially signed to the UFC. Story on MMAjunkie.

Goodbye Strikeforce. You were great until Zuffa ruined you.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Great until Zuffa ruined Strikeforce?

I used to love watching Strikefroce but most of their fights were complete mismatches, they were millions in debt and had thrown a **** load of money at Fedor who could barely win a fight in their promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Roy nelson is fighting Matt mitrione at tuf final now. I can see Roy winning thus by ko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Roy nelson is fighting Matt mitrione at tuf final now. I can see Roy winning thus by ko
    Roy's too good for Matt. But not good enough for the big boys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

smilerf wrote: »
    Roy's too good for Matt. But not good enough for the big boys
    A rematch with Big Ben or fights against Johnson or Del Rosario would have been ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Tin foil hats ready
    I suspect Carwin was never really fight fit in the first place and the fight wasn't very realistic and known insiders from the off. My view is that big country knew this which explains his indifference in coaching. Carwins $10k track & field scoop was payoff of sorts for doing the show and past glories he provided ufc as they always knew Carwin would win those track&field challenges against big country injured or not.

It's okay, but not Sherdog enough.

Let me try.

The UFC subsidizes steroids for any fighter who wants to use them, as such they were well aware that Carwin was on steroids. The whole thing was just an elaborate hoax to give Carwin some camera time (Nelson was picked to contrast how buffed out Carwin is) in order to help push the UFC with the homosexual male demographic. The injury in a fake, being used to avoid VADA testing and the exposure of SC and the UFC's pro anabolic agenda.

Yeah...that's more like it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Let me try.

The UFC subsidizes steroids for any fighter who wants to use them, as such they were well aware that Carwin was on steroids. The whole thing was just an elaborate hoax to give Carwin some camera time (Nelson was picked to contrast how buffed out Carwin is) in order to help push the UFC with the homosexual male demographic. The injury in a fake, being used to avoid VADA testing and the exposure of SC and the UFC's pro anabolic agenda.

Cool story brah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Let me try.

Wow....just wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Hendo v Machida is being lined up for UFC 157. Interesting fight, although not the one I was hoping for. I really wish it was Hendo v Jones instead.

It appears as though Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida is headed to UFC 157.

According to sources close to the event, both Machida and Henderson have verbally agreed to meet on the Feb. 23 card at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. No contracts have been signed just yet, though. Tatame.com first reported the news earlier this week.

The fight isn't expected to serve as the main event. UFC president Dana White told MMAFighting.com on Tuesday that he was "working on" that card's headlining act.

The 42-year-old Henderson (29-8) hasn't fought since he defeated Mauricio Rua last November in what many consider to be one of the greatest fights in UFC history. He was scheduled to fight Jon Jones for the light heavyweight title at the ill-fated UFC 151 card, but he pulled out of the fight to due a knee injury.

Machida (18-3) most recently knocked out Ryan Bader at UFC on FOX 4 in August. That victory was supposed to have earned him a title shot, however, after he turned down two short notice fights against Jon Jones, the UFC decided to make him fight another contender instead.

UFC 157 will mark the promotion's return to Anaheim for the first time since UFC on FOX 1 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Todd Duffee also back in the UFC.

Better make sure he's not on the same card as Overeem. I'd say just seeing Ubereem in the arena would give Duffee flashbacks and would make him evacuate his bowels!

Also Weidmann is out of his fight with Boetsch http://mmajunkie.com/news/31739/chris-weidman-out-of-ufc-155-constantinos-philippou-now-fights-tim-boetsch.mma

What's up with all the Weidmann hate on the internet? Is it just Anderson fans worried that Weidmann would beat him? That's honestly all I can think of :D

Also Weidmann is out of his fight with Boetsch http://mmajunkie.com/news/31739/chris-weidman-out-of-ufc-155-constantinos-philippou-now-fights-tim-boetsch.mma

What's up with all the Weidmann hate on the internet? Is it just Anderson fans worried that Weidmann would beat him? That's honestly all I can think of :D

There's Weidmann hate?

The guy is a beast! He would've given Boetsch a spanking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Erick Silva vs. Jay Heiron @ 156

MrStuffins wrote: »
    There's Weidmann hate?

The guy is a beast! He would've given Boetsch a spanking!

Check out most of the comments on that mmajunkie article, it's pretty amazing to read

Check out most of the comments on that mmajunkie article, it's pretty amazing to read

I try to stay away from those comments. You get the worst type of MMA "fan" on there for some reason!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I try to stay away from those comments. You get the worst type of MMA "fan" on there for some reason!

It's sort of like if 'After Hours' was an mma forum. But even so the amount of Weidmann hate there is crazy, it only seemed to show up after he started calling out Silva iirc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

How the hell can Hendo v Machida not be a main event?? Possibly amazing card coming up??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

How the hell can Hendo v Machida not be a main event?? Possibly amazing card coming up??

Dana wants Berao to defend the interim title. That is probably why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,330 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thiago Silva failed another drug test (marijuana this time)
    Banned for 6 months. How stupid can you be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Mellor wrote: »
    Thiago Silva failed another drug test (marijuana this time)
    Banned for 6 months. How stupid can you be.

Oh for the love of gravy. That means in his last six fights he has one win, three losses and two no contests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

p to the e wrote: »

Oh for the love of gravy. That means in his last six fights he has one win, three losses and two no contests.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they cut him for being such an idiot. Seems to be a lot of people testing positive for marijuana lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Niall0 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if they cut him for being such an idiot. Seems to be a lot of people testing positive for marijuana lately.

^ in agreement, and I don't think it's going to go away either, obviously used alot by fighters and laws in the US seem to be becoming alot more lenient on the herb dean. After steroids and test. its always weed people seem to fail on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Chael going for the single leg here....

I can't wait to see these two coach in The Ultimate Fighter.

155901_10151307443971276_278891310_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

haha good pic!

here check out Diaz talkin trash recently.... really wants that GSP fight before they give it to Silva.. no chance

I've love Diaz v Georges but... cmon give us the Silva fight at 178 first pleeeease....

Diaz is still the toughest challenge at 170, for GSP, now that Condit was beaten. He's better than Kampmann, Condit (well he's at least as tough a test as Condit for GSP IMO) and has more skills than Hendricks, who is great don't get me wrong I love big rig but Diaz gives GSP more problems even if he hasn't got a bomb to throw. If Silva happens then give Hendricks Diaz and if he knocks Diaz out you've got a huge GSP v Hendricks fight after that.. most casual fans still don't know Hendricks enough at this point, marketing-wise he just hasn't had his face out there enough for long enough, partly due to him beating everybodys ass in quick succession.

Silva first, at 178... while Hendricks fights Diaz ..... and winner v GSP back at 170 (assuming GSP loses to Silva....which I'm hesitant to after the Condit performance)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The only flaw I can see in GSP is the lack of damage he dishes out once he gets the take down. Condit landed a serious amount of shots from the bottom.

Another tin-foil hat time coming up............

Luke Rockhold has pulled out of the final Strikeforce event due to injury. Gilbert Melendez also pulled out due to injury.
    Now they could both have genuine injuries but it seems a bit fishy to me.
    Does anybody think it's possible that they faked/exaggerated injuries to get out of the event? It's practically certain that they'll be heading to the UFC after SF is gone, so maybe they're thinking that if they were to lose their titles before moving over, that takes away a bargaining chip when it comes to salary negotiations. Also, missing the SF event may speed up the time to getting their first UFC fight, whereas if they were to fight, they may be out on a medical suspension for some time depending on how the fight goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I do agree with you. But could it be even more controversial are Zuffa telling fighters to pull out to provoke a reaction from Showtime??? Also as unlikely as it; if Dion Staring connects with Cormier it could be a very expensive night for Dana.

• Advertisement

Xlami wrote: »
    Also as unlikely as it; if Dion Staring connects with Cormier it could be a very expensive night for Dana.

True.
    But if somebody really wanted to put on that tinfoil hat, it could bring up questions of maybe a worked fight to ensure Cormier stays champ for when he crosses over to the UFC......
    Not that I'd suggest anything like that would happen!
    I think Cormier will win anyway without it being a work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement