Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Ush1 wrote: »
    Is anyone else really pissed off that the UFC are charging for the fox cards on UFC.tv when they are free in America?

I'm not, they're not expensive, and the PPVs used to be like 40 euro and now they're about a tenner, so overall it's definitely costing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Is anyone else really pissed off that the UFC are charging for the fox cards on UFC.tv when they are free in America?

I don't have ESPN and used to really look forward to the fox, fuel and fx cards as they were free on tinternet. Anyone know have the UFC tried to justify penalising us in this way?
    Well either way, we still have it handy. If you lived in America you'd be paying $50 for each ppv, whereas they're free on ESPN to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,330 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't have ESPN and used to really look forward to the fox, fuel and fx cards as they were free on tinternet. Anyone know have the UFC tried to justify penalising us in this way?
    Fox is a subscription channel like ESPN, or Fuel/Fx (the channels that carry my non-PPV events). So it's the same deal everywhere.

Are they free on the Internet in the states?Or are you just talking about being "free" on Fox?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wait, are they not on ESPN here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

148772_10151315744946276_1227771455_n.jpg

As some1 said already,where is machida goin with the tache? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Dean09 wrote: »
    Well either way, we still have it handy. If you lived in America you'd be paying $50 for each ppv, whereas they're free on ESPN to us.

Only if you've got ESPN that is! I don't have any telly sub so it wouldn't be worth it for me.

Mellor wrote: »
    Fox is a subscription channel like ESPN, or Fuel/Fx (the channels that carry my non-PPV events). So it's the same deal everywhere.

Are they free on the Internet in the states?Or are you just talking about being "free" on Fox?

When they constantly mention it being free on Fox I was on about and the fact we used to get them free online here. Not sure if they were ever free online in the states.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wait, are they not on ESPN here?

Yes but ESPN isn't free, it's not even a basic sub. Fox, FX and Fuel cards used to be free here on ufc.tv but they have started charging for them.

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Cuba Gooding Jr is lookin well

PerrinV2 wrote: »

I recognise Black Dynamite but who are the other 3?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Bottom right Kenny Florian (?), top right is obviously Machida, don't know the other 2 :o

Bottom right Kenny Florian (?), top right is obviously Machida, don't know the other 2 :o

I think the bottom 2 are Patrick Cote and Luke Rockhold. Could be wrong though...........they look ridiculous.
    Bonus points to Machida though for goin all out and growin the unibrow too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Look like Ian McColl rather than Florian.

I was actually joking. although having said that I think I only recognised Machida & Rashad :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Yes but ESPN isn't free, it's not even a basic sub. Fox, FX and Fuel cards used to be free here on ufc.tv but they have started charging for them.
    Hold up, so your complaining that you have to pay for your entertainment as you dont pay currently for any tv package?

They are only 'free' in america to entice people to buy ppv which we dont have to if we pay for a tv package with espn.

I dont understand, your complaining that your not getting ufc cards for absolutly nothing? What makes you feel that your entitled to this?

When they constantly mention it being free on Fox I was on about and the fact we used to get them free online here. Not sure if they were ever free online in the states.
    They are free on fox, in the same way they are free on ESPN.
    UFC.tv was free everywhere for a while, now its not.

Fox isn't free. It's a subscription channel just like ESPN.
    Whether or not they are avail on a basic package is nothing to do with the UFC and purely down to what channel decided to pay for it.
    It's not on SkySports because they didn't pay for it. Which is ridiculous considering they are basically the same company as Fox. They were willing to pick it up in other countries outside the US, just not UK and Ireland.

adamski8 wrote: »
    Hold up, so your complaining that you have to pay for your entertainment as you dont pay currently for any tv package?

They are only 'free' in america to entice people to buy ppv which we dont have to if we pay for a tv package with espn.

I dont understand, your complaining that your not getting ufc cards for absolutly nothing? What makes you feel that your entitled to this?

Well America has already a far bigger market than this side of the atlantic so making it free for people here would surely generate more interest for those that don't have ESPN.

I'm complaining that we are charged for Fox cards when Americans get it for free and we also up until recently got it free, simples.

Ah right, so they're not actually free. Makes a bit more sense.
    Whether or not they are avail on a basic package is nothing to do with the UFC and purely down to what channel decided to pay for it.
    It's not on SkySports because they didn't pay for it. Which is ridiculous considering they are basically the same company as Fox. They were willing to pick it up in other countries outside the US, just not UK and Ireland.

Be curious to see if the fox cards are charged on ufc.tv from people logging in from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great vid here. Will probably be taken down by UFC soon but shows clips of some brilliant scenes from the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Fox in the US is not a subscription channel. It's a national broadcaster.
    It's cable subsidiaries come with most basic cable packages, so you could say that is a paid service, but not really.

To the chap who was complaining about how we get the non PPV cards now - this isn't down to the UFC. They just sell to the highest bidder.

• Advertisement

Richy06 wrote: »
    It's cable subsidiaries come with most basic cable packages, so you could say that is a paid service, but not really.

To the chap who was complaining about how we get the non PPV cards now - this isn't down to the UFC. They just sell to the highest bidder.

I assumed it was a national broadcaster and so wasn't sub.

Maybe we are getting mixed up over the wording here. I was using paid and subscription as the same thing. This was my understanding;

Fox Sports is on the cable network. To get fox in the US you have to pay a monthly subscription to Fox.

For me here in aus, its called Foxtel. Same deal really.
    UFC is split between FX and Fuel. (I have FX but not Fuel - because of the package I have)

Ireland - Sky, Which is basically Fox.
    UFC is on Sky if you get the sports chanells

UFC On Fox is on the Fox Network, the free to air version, in the US.
    It might then get repeated/syndicated in the cable subsidiaries that make up Fox Sports, but it goes out on the 'main' channel live first.

UFC On Fox is on the Fox Network, the free to air version, in the US.
    It might then get repeated/syndicated in the cable subsidiaries that make up Fox Sports, but it goes out on the 'main' channel live first.

Cheers for that.

So again I would ask, why charge us for something free in the states?

They get paid huge money by FOX to put big fights on air. They do it because of this money as well as to try and hook new viewers into their bread and butter - PPV.

Over here, the Fox cards probably don't come under the TV deal that ESPN would have negotiated with the UFC, so it gets put to PPV.

It's pointless comparing what they get accross the pond with here, because there's different deals for different territories. So really, if you want to watch the Fox cards for free, download them or move to the US.

Wait....... can someone tell me whether or not the Fox Cards actually on ESPN here?

I think they are arent they? Wasnt the last Fox card on ESPN? Also, since they renewed the deal, ESPN have been showing all UFC content including Prelims!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BidillyBo

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wait....... can someone tell me whether or not the Fox Cards actually on ESPN here?

I think they are arent they? Wasnt the last Fox card on ESPN? Also, since they renewed the deal, ESPN have been showing all UFC content including Prelims!

Yea it is says so on their website

BidillyBo wrote: »

Yea it is says so on their website

Great.

Then its a silly conversation

No idea about the ESPN deal, myself. I download the cards the morning after. But if everything is on ESPN...well, it kinda is free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Looks like Dos Santos has been given a Nike deal aswell according to his twitter. Dunno if its global or regional though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement