Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Great vid here. Will probably be taken down by UFC soon but shows clips of some brilliant scenes from the UFC.

Thanks for posting that, it's brilliant!!

Background music for that is here

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Via twitter

Jay ‏@JayGShore
    Big announcement coming from me in next couple weeks........working alongside #BAMMA

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Xlami wrote: »
    Via twitter

Jay ‏@JayGShore
    Big announcement coming from me in next couple weeks........working alongside #BAMMA

Who is "JayGShore"?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Who is "JayGShore"?

This.
    Absolute.
    Beast.

Geordie Shore :p
    reality_geordie_shore_magaluf_jay1.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,331 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Beast isn't a word I'd associate with him tbh

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Beast isn't a word I'd associate with him tbh

Sarcasm man, sarcasm :o

This.
    Absolute.
    Beast.

If he fights half as well as he rings imaginary doorbells then he's golden!

If he fights half as well as he rings imaginary doorbells then he's golden!

I tried to put some text to the right of the picture so he's pointing to "I'm a twat" but it didn't work..

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

I hope that twat get a hell of a beating if he decides to join bamma

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I imagine it'd be more of a presenter role but imagine (and I am confident they never ever would) how ridiculed an Irish organisation would be if someone from Tallaghtfornia was to interview fighters after the bout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Can BJ do it?

here he is lookin trim for the fight...so that's a good start anyway... now all he has to do is keep a beast of a 170er like Rory away from him long enough to land a punch!

I'll be doin my standard air punching and shoutin for BJ til I'm hoarse... at his best his fights were my fav of all time! Hope he's got as much fire in his belly as they say, must be heavy underdog for this one.

My rational brain predicts BJ by backflip head kick in the first 15 seconds of round 1 and getting an instantly deserved title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BidillyBo

DrPhilG wrote: »

I really couldn't be more sick of hearing about her at this stage tbh

Can BJ do it?

here he is lookin trim for the fight...so that's a good start anyway...
    He is looking trim. And that highlights BJs biggest problem, his size. When he gets into shape and trims up, he is a 155 sized fighter. He always looked fat at 170.
    I'm glad he's dropping the fat instead of not bothering as he doesn't need to. But I just don't know if he can over come his size disadvantage. I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

This.
    Absolute.
    Beast.

If this chap gets signed up by BAMMA to fight then its a joke. Then again imagine a fight between him and Alex Reid :p

I doubt he will be a ring announcer with that Geordie accent, it does be hard to understand what he says most of the time "How way man"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

If this chap gets signed up by BAMMA to fight then its a joke. Then again imagine a fight between him and Alex Reid :p

I doubt he will be a ring announcer with that Geordie accent, it does be hard to understand what he says most of the time "How way man"

Imagine a fight between him and Alex Reid ? - Expect a fight between him and Alex Reid the fight would sadly get a lot of publicity.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Imagine a fight between him and Alex Reid ? - Expect a fight between him and Alex Reid the fight would sadly get a lot of publicity.

I know :mad:, cause of their status. Just look at Freddie Flintoff, Mariusz Pudianowski, and Ronny off Jersey Shore had a run in TNA for a while too

I know :mad:, cause of their status. Just look at Freddie Flintoff, Mariusz Pudianowski, and Ronny off Jersey Shore had a run in TNA for a while too

I like Freddie. And him and Pudzi were both World Class competitors in other sports before transitioning to another. I wouldn't put them in the same bracket as this gobsh*te (whoever he is, I don't watch Geordie Shore thankfully).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Link
    Dominick Cruz underwent another major knee surgery this past week, and it'll likely further delay his return to the octagon.

Trainer Eric Del Fierro today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Cruz's anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) was replaced after his body rejected one from a cadaver.

The UFC bantamweight champion is in Los Angeles today to meet with a doctor who will give him a timeline for his return, DelFierro said, though he estimated it could set the fighter back another six to nine months.

I like Freddie. And him and Pudzi were both World Class competitors in other sports before transitioning to another. I wouldn't put them in the same bracket as this gobsh*te (whoever he is, I don't watch Geordie Shore thankfully).

There is no doubt that they were good at the sports that they were in, but Cricket to MMA, come on :D

I used to love watching the worlds strongest man, him along with Magnus Magnusson were brilliant to watch. But watching him fight in MMA is terrible. Others that come to mind are Dave Bautista & Bobby Lashley.

Does anyone know if Jay Geordie Shore has announced his "big announcement"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Link

<Dominic Cruz surgery>

Wow, I didn't realise they could transplant an ACL from a cadaver?? Ya learn something new everyday!
    Doesn't look good for Cruz. Hopefully he can recover soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Yea I kinda cringed when I read that bit. Sucks for the Bantamweight division. Here's to a speedy recovery so we can see him v Barao

Dean09 wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't realise they could transplant an ACL from a cadaver?? Ya learn something new everyday!
    Just like organs, or other tissue.
    I think it just sounds weird saying "from a cadaver". Had it said "from a donor", no body thinks twice.

Just like organs, or other tissue.
    I think it just sounds weird saying "from a cadaver". Had it said "from a donor", no body thinks twice.
    Yeah I think it's mainly the wording that made it sound strange.
    Even still, I didn't think they could transplant an ACL. I dunno why though. I suppose its no different than an organ transplant. I just never heard of it being done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Even still, I didn't think they could transplant an ACL. I dunno why though. I suppose its no different than an organ transplant. I just never heard of it being done before.

I did quite a bit on bone transplants (bone grafts) in my thesis and you can actually perform xenografts where the bone tissue comes from animals. One of the weirdest things I've ever read is about is a fecal transplant.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_bacteriotherapy

This is terrible news for Cruz. Looks like Barao will be smiling for a while longer.

Struve vs. Mark Hunt looking likely for UFC on Fuel 8. Expect another floppy KO á la Roy Nelson.

p to the e wrote: »
    One of the weirdest things I've ever read is about is a fecal transplant.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_bacteriotherapy

I know its amazing science and all but that's just disgusting! :D

I used to love watching the worlds strongest man, him along with Magnus Magnusson were brilliant to watch.

I'd no idea he was a strongman.

He didn't look so big when he was presenting Mastermind!

You probably heard I'd called an "ACL reconstruction". Which is the same thing. You can't repair an ACL if its fully torn. So a new ligament needs to be transplanted/grafted in. Either from somewhere else on their body (GSP took this option) or a donor (ie cadaver)

I'd no idea he was a strongman.

He didn't look so big when he was presenting Mastermind!

Magnus Magnusson :)

Magnus.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

You probably heard I'd called an "ACL reconstruction". Which is the same thing. You can't repair an ACL if its fully torn. So a new ligament needs to be transplanted/grafted in. Either from somewhere else on their body (GSP took this option) or a donor (ie cadaver)

....so what you're saying is Cruz will be part zombie?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement