Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

I think that's Magnus Samuelson. You probably meant Magnus Ver Magnusson.

If anyone is interested Dana White has made another V log. i thought he finished with them but this shows the aftermath of GSP vs. Condit.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/434911/Whites-UFC-on-FOX-5-vlog-Day-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

haha some of that sht is so funny... 'Purple jumper says commitment' haha and the two of them counting the shots to the back of the head...1....2.....3,4,5

gotta love Everlast blasting out Jump Around... legend

Fair balls to Chael for backin BJ... Hope he's right ... I'm believin the hype !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Steven Seagal: I’d Fight Randy Couture No Rules

“I have to wonder what his intentions may have been in saying that. I always thought that Randy was my friend and a gentleman. I’m kind of confused why he would say that, but I’m here, anybody can find me any time and any place. If Randy really wants to fight me, he can fight me any time he wants”
    “It would be for free, and it would be some place where there are no witnesses. I’m hoping it wouldn’t get to that, and I don’t know why it would come about, but if that’s what he wants, he can get it any time he wants.”

“I don’t play by the rules. I’m sure one person will walk out. I’m a man of honor. I’m a gentleman, but I am a warrior, and if he needs to find me, he knows where to find me.”

- Steven Seagal on MMAFighting.com’s “The MMA Hour: where he also discussed the talent level of GSP (see below).
    “I think he’s is a really nice guy. I think he is a good fighter and a good martial artist. Would I call him great? No.

“I just think he’s a wonderful and good martial artist and good guy. Some people are born with greatness, and some people sort of acquire it. But I think with time, he will become better and better.

“One of the things that a master looks at when they look at a fighter is the history of the fighter. When you look at the history of the fighter, you look at their very best fights, their best work, and their worst. If you look at Anderson’s worst fights, they’re not bad. He still looks pretty good.

“If you look at GSP’s worst fight, you look at the thing he did with Shields in Canada, that was atrocious. I think that is very telling. I just didn’t think the technique and the fighting skill was there in that instance. I also saw him after the fight and he wasn’t looking or feeling very well either, which does have some meaning. I think he got hurt in that fight and whether he dominated him or not, I just didn’t think he looked good.”
    “Aside from all of that, I think Anderson is just a lot more skilled, and I think he would win handily.”

“I would tell (GSP) not to take the fight.”

BJ Penn.com

Randy would take him down and beat the sh1t out of him in a parking lot in civies no bother at all.... 100% sure about that...inside of 30 seconds.. might be obvious to most but just saying. He'd be a hell of a lot stronger and his style would dominate any akido moves easily. It's a beautiful art to watch being demonstrated but against an MMA fighter in or out of the cage it would be completely useless. Against a completely untrained average Joe it could prove partially effective in a street situation with its circular movement and wrist manipulation but even then there is no focus on striking or sparring in the martial art of Akido so no reason to think any Akido exponent would deal with a box in the head any different from anyone else. So called 'Masters' like Seagal have no authority in a conversation about fighting an MMA fighter especially when their particular Martial Art has not been absorbed into the highest levels of MMA training because it doesn't work... if it did we would see it end of story... ahem rant...I'm done now : )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Steven Seagal, please do me a favour and get the fúck away from MMA. You are the most annoying person near the sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

If Segal is as good as he is in the films it would be close.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Why does he even get airtime? He's clearly trolling the UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

http://www.cagepotato.com/exclusive-randy-couture-responds-to-steven-seagals-no-rules-deathmatch-challenge/

“I’m the one that started the joke as an off-handed comment I made to Jay Glazer — that I’d only come out of retirement if it were to fight Seagal. Obviously now somebody has talked to him about it and it has gotten some legs,” Couture chuckled to us over the phone today.
    “I’m not surprised that he wants to do it in private, remote location where nobody could see it happen. Obviously I intended it as a joke. I don’t think it would really happen.”
    Couture is clearly bemused by the actor’s ominous-sounding statements. Asked if he was intimidated by Seagal’s claim that the fight would be truly no holds barred, Couture neatly replied, “I don’t think that changes the nature of the fight at all.”
    So it’s safe to say that Couture is not going to take Seagal up on his battle-to-the-death challenge, then, right? “Hey, it could happen organically I suppose,” Couture ended, simply.

Bit dissapointing! Hoping Randy would stir it up more.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,331 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Met Hector Lombard in the gym tonight. Jesus he's a huge beast of a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Mellor wrote: »
    Jesus is a huge beast of a man.

l.jpg

Sure is.

Met Hector Lombard in the gym tonight. Jesus is a huge beast of a man.

That's right he's an Australian citizen isn't he? That's why I was thinking he would have gotten the Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes. That's a man who eats his veggies.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Sure is.
    Lol, well played
    p to the e wrote: »

That's right he's an Australian citizen isn't he? That's why I was thinking he would have gotten the Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes. That's a man who eats his veggies.
    Yeah, although he's living in Florida now. He's back over for the smashes finale, and is wrestling with one our our coaches in the gym. One of the guys is mates with his training partner and went out for dinner with them. Said some amount if steak was demolished. And veggies of course ;)

Lol, well played

Yeah, although he's living in Florida now. He's back over for the smashes finale, and is wrestling with one our our coaches in the gym. One of the guys is mates with his training partner and went out for dinner with them. Said some amount if steak was demolished. And veggies of course ;)

"Hi Hector, how woudld you like your steak?"

-"........Just bring me the cow!"

MrStuffins wrote: »
    "Hi Hector, how woudld you like your steak?"

-"........Just bring me the cow!"

I remember reading before that Jacare Souza devouring steak is something to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Should this guy not get a shot in the UFC?
    Mamed Khalidov, 31, 6' - MW

last 25 fights, 23 wins, 1 loss, 13 Subs, 10 TKO/KO finishes - only TKO'd once since 2004! Tough dude. Think he's ranked 13th at MW.
    Wonder how he'd do at 185 in the UFC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwysR-8XTE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Should this guy not get a shot in the UFC?
    Mamed Khalidov, 31, 6' - MW

last 25 fights, 23 wins, 1 loss, 13 Subs, 10 TKO/KO finishes - only TKO'd once since 2004! Tough dude. Think he's ranked 13th at MW.
    Wonder how he'd do at 185 in the UFC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwysR-8XTE

Apparently he was offered a contract by the UFC but he turned it down. According to him, the contract was "laughable" and he makes much more where he's currently fighting. He looks like a decent prospect though. It'd be interesting to see how he'd get on in the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I thought I heard Visa issues. Yeh hseen highlights and a few fights, he looks violent. 32 I think though. Would want to be getting in soon.

I remember being really excited about Bahadurzada as had seen a bit of him and thought he was a finishing machine. Pity his UFC progress has been stunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

http://www.cagepotato.com/mamed-khalidov-has-been-offered-a-ufc-contract-that-apparently-aint-worth-diddly-squat/

There's the article I read about his contract issues. Pity he wasn't offered a better contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Forest griffin out of Phil davis bout with knee injury, Jesus how many knee injuries has there been lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Niall0 wrote: »
    Forest griffin out of Phil davis bout with knee injury, Jesus how many knee injuries has there been lately.

Forrest seems to be worst than most, 5 fights in just under 4 years is a terrible record.

Just as welL. Horrible fight for him style wise. Davis would've controlled him and won on points!

Dean09 wrote: »
    http://www.cagepotato.com/mamed-khalidov-has-been-offered-a-ufc-contract-that-apparently-aint-worth-diddly-squat/

There's the article I read about his contract issues. Pity he wasn't offered a better contract.

yeah they prob offered him 16k or some sht... they shoulda offered him somethin small like 16k for the first fight and if he won well and put on a good show... then better terms for the other fights after that... or somethin. Not like there's guys as good as him comin out of the woodwork. Can't believe KSW can afford payin him 30k... they must be makin bucks! Arlovski got that in for fight recently

Here's an interesting thing I came across:
    GSP has pulled in 50% more PPV for the UFC than Silva has!... gives an insight into who has more weight in the catch/super fight negotiations..

sales credited to fighter
    1 Georges St-Pierre 5,311,250
    2 Rashad Evans 4,530,417
    3 BJ Penn 4,098,666
    4 Quinton Jackson 3,795,625
    5 Anderson Silva 3,584,583
    6 Tito Ortiz 3,078,417
    7 Matt Hughes 2,794,541
    8 Rich Franklin 2,721,156
    9 Forrest Griffin 2,548,906
    10 Frank Mir 2,266,492

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

yeah they prob offered him 16k or some sht... they shoulda offered him somethin small like 16k for the first fight and if he won well and put on a good show... then better terms for the other fights after that... or somethin. Not like there's guys as good as him comin out of the woodwork. Can't believe KSW can afford payin him 30k... they must be makin bucks! Arlovski got that in for fight recently
    even if it was a ****ty 3 fight contract at 16k he had the possibility of getting fight night bonuses and if he won all 3 fights getting a huge pay increase on top of surely bigger sponsorship. potential of earning must surely be huge when entering the ufc, which is probably why they offer low starting contracts

Here's an interesting thing I came across:
    GSP has pulled in 50% more PPV for the UFC than Silva has!... gives an insight into who has more weight in the catch/super fight negotiations..
    GSP is PPV king.
    A lot of this is due to having a total lock on the Canadian market. As opposed to Brazil, which isn't being as big a PPV market.
    adamski8 wrote: »
    even if it was a ****ty 3 fight contract at 16k he had the possibility of getting fight night bonuses and if he won all 3 fights getting a huge pay increase on top of surely bigger sponsorship. potential of earning must surely be huge when entering the ufc, which is probably why they offer low starting contracts

Yeah, reading that article it sounds like he made a massive mistake.
    I'd think a $16-20k contract in the UFC is worth a lot more than a $30k with KSW or whoever.

That's prob the top of the KSW payroll, he's fighting in main events.
    The lower contract sum in the UFC is lower, but sponsorship could even that up immediately. Then you have "of the night" bonuses. afas as he'd be a draw for the polish market he'd easily get some undisclosed bonuses for promotion and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Where are you getting these figures? Dana has stated a few times that they don't release the ppv numbers

yeah I don't know man just saw the list on a few sites like this one here

http://www.mma-manifesto.com/ufc-ppv-data/ppv-main/top-10-ufc-ppv-average-draws-current-fighters.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

More proof I need to back up my belief that UFC were the worst promotion this year. Too many good fights fell through, they cancelled 151 and the ridiculous amount of events this year has over saturated their product.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement