Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Mellor wrote: »
    I imagine he was joking about the fact Dana has been pretty vocal in his criticism Mazzagatti.

Ah yes this would make sense. As an apology here's Cecil Peoples showing the world his talents.

Cecil-Peoples_referee.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

p to the e wrote: »
    Dana or anyone in the UFC have no say who refs what fight. It's down to the fighting commission for that state.

By the by if you think Steve Mazzagatti is bad.....

The commission has full say in the refs for the fights in the events in the US. Dana should shut up in my eyes about Mazzagatti. He isn't the worst ref, despite what he tells fan. Kim Winslow is the worst ref by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Those suplexes were insane.

Especially the last two when he had his arm trapped
    Dana or anyone in the UFC have no say who refs what fight. It's down to the fighting commission for that state.

By the by if you think Steve Mazzagatti is bad.....

Just WOW
    unknown13 wrote: »
    The commission has full say in the refs for the fights in the events in the US. Dana should shut up in my eyes about Mazzagatti. He isn't the worst ref, despite what he tells fan. Kim Winslow is the worst ref by a mile.

She was very indecisive all through

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Kim Winslow is the worst ref by a mile.

She has no business being inside a cage. Absolutely terrible ref.
    A lot of people say she only gets grief from fans just because she's a woman. It's not that at all though. I couldn't care if a monkey was the ref as long as they do a good job. She's just awful.
    On that note..........how awesome would it be if we had monkey refs?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Dean09 wrote: »

She has no business being inside a cage. Absolutely terrible ref.
    A lot of people say she only gets grief from fans just because she's a woman. It's not that at all though. I couldn't care if a monkey was the ref as long as they do a good job. She's just awful.
    On that note..........how awesome would it be if we had monkey refs?!!
    Steve mazzigati is worse. Yves lavinge is pretty bad too. I think she did OK the other night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

smilerf wrote: »
    Steve mazzigati is worse. Yves lavinge is pretty bad too. I think she did OK the other night

Look at Cyborg / Finney, the fight Kim Couture lost and Rockhold / Jardine. She is going to get someone killed in the cage.

She is a terrible ref and a safety hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Look at Cyborg / Finney, the fight Kim Couture lost and Rockhold / Jardine. She is going to get someone killed in the cage.

I agree I just stated she was OK the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Patrick Cote has decided to move to Welterweight after his rematch with Sakara was scrapped. That's gonna be one hard puncher down there.
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/patrick-cote-moving-to-welterweight-still-hopes-to-fight-at-ufc-158

Also Karlos Vemola is out against Chris Leben at UFC 155 and Derek Brunson steps in for his UFC debut.
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/former-strikeforce-fighter-derek-brunson-steps-in-to-face-chris-leben-at-ufc-155

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Jesus that Finney/Cyborg fight was shocking. It was like a pit-bull fighting a chihuahua. I remember watching it in absolute horror, expecting Jan Finney to just get ripped in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Also Karlos Vemola is out against Chris Leben at UFC 155 and Derek Brunson steps in for his UFC debut.
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/former-strikeforce-fighter-derek-brunson-steps-in-to-face-chris-leben-at-ufc-155

Very interested to see how Brunson gets on.

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »

Is Leben not done at this stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Had huge hopes for him. Honestly thought he had as good wrestling as Weimann and looked to be improving his striking. Was at his fight against Lumumba and his athleticism is incredible (check out his cheer leading videos) but his last two fights he's looked terrible and not UFC class. Also judging by his tweets his arrogance seems to have greatly increased in the past year.

Poor style matchup for Leben but hopefully he can make a successful return.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

very funny;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Bit late but anyhow, retweeted by Uncle Creepy:

9d932a47e4b77a8b4a6abd1797b9b535.png?1356552791

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Overeem Overroid tweeted the UFC poster for UFC 156. 6 weeks away now

aace97dff6d4642baade4d69ab5883fd.png?1356583263

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ray von wrote: »

To me that means they ain't comin back in 2013, ah well, when it happens it happens

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Read that the same way..

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Is this TCD award thing for Dana a public event or what's the story?

No, a few times a year Trinity will give a famous person some sort of doctorate, all complete crap of course, the only people who can go are Trinity students/lecturers and invited guests.

Best bet is to be close when it happens and watch Dana's twitter feed, if he says he'll go to a pub and buy everyone a few beers then he will

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Probably has been invited as a guest of the philosophical society so it wouldn't be an event open to the public. He'll give a speech on what he has done and answer a few questions and be inducted to the philosophy society.

A look at their site will give you a good idea of what they do. http://tcdphil.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Yeah, I haven't seen any info on either the Phil or the Hist website, maybe something will be up soon.

There are pubs all around Trinity, which one do you think he'll pick ?

:D

Echo Arena is booked for an Usher gig the following night.22.jpg13.jpg20.jpg23.jpg21.jpg

header-nov.png

There are pubs all around Trinity, which one do you think he'll pick ?

:D

Knowing how Dana works he'll prob do his thing on TCD, head over to a pub and just tweet where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dana confirmed that Silva has been given the 10 fight deal he was after!

There's no way he'll fight 10 more times. No way!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

Dana confirmed that Silva has been given the 10 fight deal he was after!

There's no way he'll fight 10 more times. No way!

If he gets opponents like Bonnar, he'll not only be able to fight 10 more times, he'll be able to do it all in 10 consecutive UFC events! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

obviously Cains win on Sat should be there - scariest performance of 2012 deffo for me.... even more impressive although less exciting than GSPs amazing performance against Condit. Best fighters of 2012? Cain - GSP - Silva ... in that order. Condit's headkick and Belfort's inverted armbar were the biggest potential upsets moments in my book. 2013: I want Cain/Overeem and JDS/Cormier then the final installment of the trilogy! After finishing Diaz - GSP v Silva end of 2013 and after making a mockery out of Sonnen Jones up to HW for a test against someone decent. That's my wish list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Apparently Bellator are suing Alvarez for not signing their contract. Bit of a nasty situation.

This is what Alvarez said about it in an interview:
    Everyone's heard that Bellator has match and whatnot. it's a difficult situation. We went to settlement a couple days ago. We had a settlement meeting where everything was supposed to get worked out. I was sued maybe 30 minutes after that. There's a lot of tension in the air.

We don't believe it was matched at all. I wanted to give details but I can't because we're in the middle of a pending lawsuit. If I want to go to dinner with one guy and another guy asked me to dinner. If the attention of one guy is to take me to a fine dining restaurant and the other guy wants to take me to McDonald's, guy #2 just thinks dinner's dinner.

They're going to the media and saying they matched the offer, but in our opinion they didn't match at all. The terms are not the same.

If this goes in front of anyone in court, they're going to see that this is not a match. The truth is this is disappointing. I gave a lot to Bellator and I don't get much back in return.

If it was a match I'd be more than happy to honor the contract. I would have no problem going to fight for Bellator. I'd love to fight the Ben Henderson's and Gil Melendez's. The issues has to do with being fair. The contract says at the end we get to match this contract. I said yes to that 4 years ago. In our eyes it is not a match. This is the difference of a lot of money.

It's up to the court now, man. I'm being sued. it's going up before a judge. I think it will become very clear.

it wasn't a Hector Lombard deal, but it was a good deal. And I consider a much bettor deal than what Bellator's offering.

Tried to make an offer to make it fair. We offered a number, it was less than projected UFC offer. The conversation was over in less tha a minute, like "No way". It wasn't a half hour after that that I had a lawsuit.

This has been most violent, most tactical, most heartless battle I have ever been I and I don't have gloves or a mouthpiece in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement