Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Cain vs. Bigfoot 2 and JDS vs. Alisteroid Overreem scheduled for May 25th in Las Vegas at UFC 160.

69697f8d9ca123604c27bbad013da699.png?1360725290

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Cain vs. Bigfoot 2 and JDS vs. Alisteroid Overreem scheduled for May 25th in Las Vegas at UFC 160.

69697f8d9ca123604c27bbad013da699.png?1360725290

So what happens if Cain and JDS win, do we have another instalment of Cain v JDS and Silva v Reem?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Hilarious if Bigfoot gets another go at Cain.
    He might actually get killed this time.

mdwexford wrote: »
    He might actually get killed this time.

i'd like to see Werdum have a run at the belt

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »

He is? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Going to be another mauling so. Should of went with Cormier - Cain

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

How long is carwin out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Going to be another mauling so. Should of went with Cormier - Cain

They're team mates so they won't fight. Unfortunately there's no one else except Bigfoot. He really threw a spanner in the UFCs works. I'd like to see Werdum fight Cain but he's tied up with Big Nog until June.

I'd say Cain will stop Bigfoot again. The only good thing to come from this is JDS vs Overeem. I'd say JDS by KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

How long is carwin out for?

I think at this stage we accept the inevitable and say that Carwin has gone the way of Lesnar. A giant of a man stopped in his prime by injury and IF he does come back he will be a shadow of his former self. Although I'm still hoping for that Nelson vs. Carwin matchup that's been on and off for years.

Don't forget we should have Josh Barnett in the mix and then the winner of Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve should be pushed up. Velasquez vs. Hunt, now there's a mouth watering prospect.

• Advertisement

Shazbot wrote: »
    They're team mates so they won't fight. Unfortunately there's no one else except Bigfoot.

I know what your saying but that shouldnt really stop Cormier from fighting Cain, seen as he is going to be champion for the next year or two, or more!!!

Cormier will destroy Mir, and then another win should make him #1 contender for sure. Just look at Jones-Evans, they were team mates also.

If Cormier wants to be recognised as the best HW in the world he has to beat whoever the champ is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

p to the e wrote: »
    I think at this stage we accept the inevitable and say that Carwin has gone the way of Lesnar. A giant of a man stopped in his prime by injury and IF he does come back he will be a shadow of his former self. Although I'm still hoping for that Nelson vs. Carwin matchup that's been on and off for years.

Don't forget we should have Josh Barnett in the mix and then the winner of Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve should be pushed up. Velasquez vs. Hunt, now there's a mouth watering prospect.

Didnt Josh Barnett refuse a UFC contract recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

xtal191 wrote: »
    Didnt Josh Barnett refuse a UFC contract recently?

Yes, he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

BJ's been on Facebook saying:
    155?first I gotta spar and check my depth perception,LW's will eat me up with their speed if I don't judge the distance right,no weight class is easier

Looks like he's not retiring and is considering moving back to 155!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Gustasfsson promised a title shot if he wins his next fight. Crazy that that wont go to the winner of machida henderson

adamski8 wrote: »
    Gustasfsson promised a title shot if he wins his next fight. Crazy that that wont go to the winner of machida henderson

If Gustafsson wins that will be a 7 fight win streak so sounds about right, Jones would be too much for Hendo, id like to see a rematch with Machida

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

If Gustafsson wins that will be a 7 fight win streak so sounds about right, Jones would be too much for Hendo, id like to see a rematch with Machida

Are you seriously saying Henderson doesn't deserve a title shot if he beats Machida? Jones will be too much for Hendo? If anyone deserves a shot and can beat Jon Jones it's Dan Henderson. Dana already screwed him out of a middleweight title shot. Not interested in a Gustaffson - Jones fight as his wrestling just is not strong enough. Jones via submission or TKO and the fight can be made at any time. Clock is ticking on the Henderson - Jones fight. Henderson has the best record (names wise) in MMA and if he could add Machida and Jones to that I think he has to be considered more as one of the greatest of all time.

Xlami wrote: »
    Are you seriously saying Henderson doesn't deserve a title shot if he beats Machida? Jones will be too much for Hendo? If anyone deserves a shot and can beat Jon Jones it's Dan Henderson. Dana already screwed him out of a middleweight title shot. Not interested in a Gustaffson - Jones fight as his wrestling just is not strong enough. Jones via submission or TKO and the fight can be made at any time. Clock is ticking on the Henderson - Jones fight. Henderson has the best record (names wise) in MMA and if he could add Machida and Jones to that I think he has to be considered more as one of the greatest of all time.

Well i dont think Hendo will beat Machida in the 1st place, i thought Hendo was lucky in a way to beat Shogun last time out which was Nov 2011!! He had dominated in the early part, but Shogun came back strong

I reckon Jones - Gustafsson would be a better fight, if am not mistaken it will be the first time Jones would have fought someone bigger than him.

I like Hendo and love watching him fight, but dont think he is the same fighter as he was 4-5 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Well i dont think Hendo will beat Machida in the 1st place, i thought Hendo was lucky in a way to beat Shogun last time out which was Nov 2011!! He had dominated in the early part, but Shogun came back strong

I reckon Jones - Gustafsson would be a better fight, if am not mistaken it will be the first time Jones would have fought someone bigger than him.

I like Hendo and love watching him fight, but dont think he is the same fighter as he was 4-5 years ago

Yeh granted his last fight was 14 months ago but I don't think it's fair to say he's not the same fighter he was 4-5 years ago. Apart from a poor performance after an impossible weight cut he's been excellent. Can't wait to see him back. If that fight ends in an impressive stoppage then I reckon they'll get the title shot.

Yeh granted his last fight was 14 months ago but I don't think it's fair to say he's not the same fighter he was 4-5 years ago. Apart from a poor performance after an impossible weight cut he's been excellent. Can't wait to see him back. If that fight ends in an impressive stoppage then I reckon they'll get the title shot.

True that, we all know Dana chops and changes all the time. Hendo - Bones would be a financially sounder option, so we shall wait and see what happens :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

MrStuffins wrote: »

He's since refuted that and said he has no plans at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Have to agree, I think Gus would still be beat by Phil Davis for instance(even though they are now team mates) and I even thought he was getting caught quite a few times by Shogun, who is in reality well passed it.

If Hendo beats Machida should defo be him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

MrStuffins wrote: »

Good because he was absolutely woeful at 170.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Ush1 wrote: »
    If Hendo beats Machida should defo be him.

yeah deffo... IF Hendo beats Machida he's a complete legend... one of the best ever deffo, but I just can't see it happening. Machida is looking great recently. His movement is crisp and unpredictable and his parry and strike speed at 205 is crazy. Hendo CANNOT match him for speed and needs to get a hold of him pronto to have a chance in my opinion. If they get into a clinch war against the cage Hendo could win by unleashing a bomb or two but Machida will stay clear of that easily IMO.. he's too skilled, too quick and too smart for Hendo, now. There's no genius to Hendo, never was. He's always been a tough warrior, a great multi-divisional warrior at that, worth more than his size but there's brilliance in Machida. Machida walks you round from the outside and then you blink and he's cut you off and hits you with 3 piston like punches and a knee and it's over. The most underachieved fighter on the UFC roster IMO.

Pretty good story here, a good friend of mine, Deano, who i met around 7yrs ago in the UFC Figh Club, and met up with him at a load of UK/Ireland events is gonna be 1 of the judges at Wembley this weekend.

When he joined Fight Club he was just a fan, had never done any MMA training, but loved the sport so much he started travelling round to small shows, done a few refereeing courses and worked the circuit.

He then started to judge a few smaller shows, moving up to judge Cage Warriors events, and now, after years of hard work and dedication he's gonna be a judge on for the biggest promotion out there.

He certainly knows his shit too

scudzilla wrote: »
    Pretty good story here, a good friend of mine, Deano, who i met around 7yrs ago in the UFC Figh Club

Thought you meant Dean09 for a second there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

That's pretty damn cool.

Nah, Dean Weir, but it just goes to show, with a lot of hard work and dedication ya can do a lot in the sport

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I could do it too. I just don't want to.

<_<

>_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

scudzilla wrote: »

Nah, Dean Weir, but it just goes to show, with a lot of hard work and dedication ya can do a lot in the sport

Is that the same bloke that was judging the CW event in the Helix that night when I was there with you? I think you were telling me about him. Fair play to him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement