Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lavar Johnson tested positive for elevated testosterone, claims it was undisclosed TRT (so simply taking PEDs then?), He was cut.
    Riki Fukuda tested positive for various drugs (look like stimulants to me) and was cut.
    Alex Caceres tested positive for marijuana metabolites and was suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Mellor wrote: »
    Lavar Johnson tested positive for elevated testosterone, claims it was undisclosed TRT (so simply taking PEDs then?), He was cut.
    Riki Fukuda tested positive for various drugs (look like stimulants to me) and was cut.
    Alex Caceres tested positive for marijuana metabolites and was suspended.

So Johnson may have taken steroids for Schaub to sit on him for 3 rounds. That's got to be a pain.

Dan Hardy out against Matt Brown. Shame as that could have been a decent scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Jordan Mein in to face Matt Brown. Still should be a good fight, Big test for Mein.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Arloskvi and rumble Johnson this weekend. Andre wants back in the UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Not sure if anyone caught the WSOF presser. Be very interesting to see where they go. Some decent fighters signed and run by Ray Sefo so someone who knows the industry very well. Looks like a UFC grave yard at the minute but that being said some great fights on their first card. and of course Tyrone Spong on the books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Dan hardy vs Nick Diaz
    For some reason I think this would make a great match up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The odds on the McGregor v Brimmage fight came out on PP yesterday making it a scratch match but McGregor subsequently clipped into 4/6f

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

JJayoo wrote: »
    Dan hardy vs Nick Diaz
    For some reason I think this would make a great match up

Replace 'Nick' for 'Nate' and you might have a valid argument :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

The odds on the McGregor v Brimmage fight came out on PP yesterday making it a scratch match but McGregor subsequently clipped into 4/6f

I'm thinking of a treble on Conor, Pearson and Gustaffson. Seems to give good odds - what you gents think?

I'm thinking of a treble on Conor, Pearson and Gustaffson. Seems to give good odds - what you gents think?

Each of those three are short at the moment. I'd think it needs to be better odds to be good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

MMA discussion on 5 Live in the UK the other day...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rmr0t

Not sure if you can listen online if you're in Ireland? Check the question at 26 minutes from "Dan Henderson" btw...

WARNING - GARETH A(ss) DAVIES ALERT...

Replace 'Nick' for 'Nate' and you might have a valid argument :)

Hardy and Nick are welterweights. Bad news for Hardy

"The California State Athletic Commission has deemed former top welterweight contender Dan Hardy medically unfit to compete on April 20 due to an irregular hearbeat"

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/198963.html#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭EvanCornwallis

Any one watching the fights later ?

Anyone like to see AA back with the UFC or is the lack of chin a permanent deal breaker

Any one watching the fights later ?

Anyone like to see AA back with the UFC or is the lack of chin a permanent deal breaker

With the HW division being pretty light I think he could get back in there, never going to be a contender though but he could have some exciting fights.

Is this event showing online anywhere? Legal I mean, are they streaming it?

Edit, looks like it's on http://wsof.com/livecast.php

Whether I can get it to play in work is another question...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

DrPhilG wrote: »
    With the HW division being pretty light I think he could get back in there, never going to be a contender though but he could have some exciting fights.

Is this event showing online anywhere? Legal I mean, are they streaming it?

MMA Fighting have a stream for it

Chinpool wrote: »
    MMA Fighting have a stream for it

I'll try that one, the WSOF site is jittery as hell.

No better. Is it just me or is it constantly freezing?

Going by the comments on the page it's not just me. Terrible stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Bisping going to turn things around at 159? Can he finish Belcher? he sounds like he's facing up to some realities about his 'aggression' in his UFC fights - he needs a win and a good win at that! I love his comments about TRT in this interview haha can say what ya like about Bisping but he's a straight talker! I love the guy

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videointerview/Michael-Bisping-on-TRT-in-MMA-Alan-Belcher-Bout-at-UFC-159-4685

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Looks like Arlovski was sending a message to the UFC last night. He wants back in.

large_upload.jpg

Either that, or he just likes the gloves. :pac:

Well he has sod all chance now...

Dana said before 158 that he didn't know if Arlovski was up to the standard to return, even though he likes him as a person.

Losing to an inflated LHW in a dull fight isn't going to do him any favours

• Advertisement

was lookin at the article on the Arlovski v Johnson snore-fest (felt bad for Andrei 'Chrystal chin' ..thought he was on his way back to the UFC:)
    anyway I clicked on Johnson to look at his record for a sec and wtf he fought Charlie fukcin Brenneman in 2011 - at 170??? Brenneman who now fights at 155?? and Johnson who is now 230+ lbs holy crap thats so mental anyway just thought I'd mention it - weight cutting and putting in MMA can get to mad levels!

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Johnson-17662

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Charlie-Brenneman-23403

Teeeheeeheee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

261215_470474083007007_145805504_n.png

McGregor needs to get his stats and pic sorted on UFC.com

http://uk.ufc.com/event/FUEL9#/fight/Marcus-Brimage-Conor-McGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Great piece on McGregor in the Herald today. Much better than the Sun yesterday. Incredible to see the exposure he's getting, deserves every bit. Reckon it's time for a McGregor sticky thread on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Interesting article on certain decreased brain activity in pro fighters/MMA fighters:

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Melvin Guillard is up for assault charges.

And it's looking like he's also not welcome back at Jacksons. LINK

Looks like bad times ahead for Guillard. And he's on the slippery slope to being cut by the UFC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Quote: Korean Zombie
    Dear Mr. Geroges St. Pierre

Hi, My name is Chan Sung Jung from South Korea. As one of many Koreans who like you as an incredible athlete, I feel like I should tell you that many Korean fans, including myself, were shocked to see you in your gi designed after the Japanese 'Rising Sun Flag'. For Asians, this flag is a symbol of war crimes, much like the German Hakenkreuzflagge. Did you know that? I hope not.

Just like Nazis, the Japanese also committed atrocities under the name of 'Militarism'. You can easily learn what they've done by googling (please do), although it's only the tiny tip of an enormous iceberg.

Furthermore, the Japanese Government never gave a sincere apology, and still to this day, so many victims are dying in pain, heartbroken, without being compensated. But many westerners like to wear clothes designed after the symbol under which so many war crimes and so much tragedy happened, which is ridiculous.

I know most of them are not militarists. I know most of them do not approve unjustified invasion, torture, massacre, etc. They're just ignorant. It's such a shame that many westerners are not aware of this tragic fact. Wearing Rising Sun outfits is as bad as wearing clothes with the Nazi mark on it, if not worse.

Since you're influenced by Japanese Martial Arts, your wearing a headband designed after Japanese flag is understandable. But again, that huge 'Rising Sun' on your Gi means something else.

Many people say GSP is the best Welterweight fighter throughout history, to which I totally agree. This means you have a great influence on every single fan of yours all around the world. And I do believe your wearing 'the symbol of War Crime' is a very bad example for them, not to mention for yourself.

So, what do you reckon?
    Do you want to wear the same Gi next time as well?

Open letter to GSP from Chan Sung Jung

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Melvin Guillard is up for assault charges.

And it's looking like he's also not welcome back at Jacksons. LINK

Looks like bad times ahead for Guillard. And he's on the slippery slope to being cut by the UFC too.

If he is up on assault charges I think the UFC will release him. It would be bad publicity for them especially for a fighter who is on a decline and has ran his mouth a fair few times.

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »

Open letter to GSP from Chan Sung Jung

Husabusha (GSPs sponsor and maker of the gi) have pulled it instantly and issued an apology. It was obviously a simple misunderstand if what the flag means outside Japan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement