Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which visa agency

Options
  • 13-10-2010 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

was just wondering which visa agency is best to use or do you need one at all.
    it looks like i will be applying for a 457 visa so an agency is most likely the best way to go. but when you google them there would seem to be quite alot of them to choose from:confused:

so i suppose the big questions are

success rate
    value
    hidden costs
    effiencey (fast at getting the visa)
    honesty (do they lead you up the garden path)
    are they messers (constantly ringing up looking for something and then 3-4 weeks later ringing looking for the same thing)

so any bad/good experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

have you considered applying for it online, not using an agency? - did it a few months back:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/step-3-preparing.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

You could get your employer to choose and pay for the agent, the agent fees for a 457 would be about $1800+. If you can avoid paying yourself then youre laughing.

My company used KPMG and they were alright, probably could done it myself but I wasn't paying for anything so wasn't fussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

as i said on IPB, DIY imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Do it yourself. Unless of course you're employers paying for it. But then again that's part of the cost of hiring you, i.e. your package.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

only concern with DIY is the Nomination (employer part of process) at this involves company paperwork and records. You have to get this bit right or the nomination might never take place... in other words rejection before the the applicant even applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭padrepio

think i posted something on a similar thread but yes DIY is the only job. Paying an agent to do what can be done online by any reasonable person is crazy. I'd recommed lodging all forms online too - they are tracked better by Immigration this way and you can quote your transaction reference number.

In any case get some supporting material from your company saying why you are such a good fit for their position and how they cant fill this vacancy with Aussies.

All the rest - degree results, academic qualifications, verified passport etc.

Key is getting your case officer details. I cannot stress enough how quickly that speeds up your application.

I'd nearly PIY aswell as I feel it will be held against me come salary review time when the time comes.

Advertisement