Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canyon 2011 Bikes

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

uberwolf wrote: »
    What are peoples experiences of the bike fit system? On the mtbs it's pencilling me in for medium despite being 185cm...

I saw that Redmaxi post over on the 'I should have left the credit card at home thread' that he'd just ordered a full sus' mtb. Might be worth waiting until he's received it and dropping him a PM. I bought an Ultimate CF frameset and went a size above what Canyon's calculator recommended for me. I'm glad that I did as it seems to fit me perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

My frame was delivered today, all in order, even got a little torque wrench, cable sleeves and stickers to protect the frame.

Building it up tonight/tomorrow night.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

uberwolf wrote: »
    What are peoples experiences of the bike fit system? On the mtbs it's pencilling me in for medium despite being 185cm...

I went with the fit calculator and im really happy with what it gave me. It's probably worth doing a little sensitivity check on the measurements you put in - ie if you were 2cm taller or a bit heavier would it change the answer?

Edit: Sorry I see you're asking about mtb's. Never mind me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

The most important measurement on that fit calculator is your inseam. You can mess around with the others till the cows come home, but the only one that makes much of a difference is the inseam.

132697.JPG
    132696.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mapvil

The most important measurement on that fit calculator is your inseam. You can mess around with the others till the cows come home, but the only one that makes much of a difference is the inseam.

I'm considering the roadlite 6.0. I measured my inseam at 81.5 cm (height 181). When I enter inseam of 81 it gives 54cm frame and when I enter 82 it gives 56cm frame. Anyone got experience with the Canyon or could suggest which would be the better choice?

If you scroll down further there is a link to the geometry. If you have an existing bike you could compare it to that. Careful though, some Canoyon models have slightly different geometries than others.

Did you measure your inseam with a hardback book up against a wall?

132859.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Mine said 52cm, and I'm 178cm, inseam 81cm too. To be honest it's borderline small, but it's OK. 54 frame would have done me too, and if you're taller, you need the 54 at least.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Has anyone used their size calculator for a TT bike? I was on the verge of buying one from them in their big sale last month, but given how important fit is for a TT bike their calc gave me pause. It told me I needed an XS frame, which is 50cm - I'm 180cm and my road bike which fits me perfectly is a 54cm :confused: I know TT bikes fit differently to road bikes but still...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Im 180cm and seen the canyon speedmax in france this year,a a guy in my hotel had one in size small and it looked perfect size for me, had a sneaky sit on it after breakfast one morning

Advertisement