Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What games/type of games do you miss/want to see on 360?

• 13-10-2010 8:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Got the idea for this thread from someone posting about rugby games ie not being one for next gen.

Personally I wouldnt mind seeing one either.

I would love to see a gun game for 360. Last console I had was a ps2 so loved time crisis. Now I know I could get a ps3 and theres probably a new version of it on that but come on for one game not a chance.

So I'd like a gun game.

What games/type of games do you miss/want to see on 360?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Would like to see a Rugby game, gaa game and 1 vs 100 brought back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Would like to see a Rugby game, a GOOD gaa game and 1 vs 100 brought back!

Fixed your post there as the gaa games that were out before were woeful altogether!

+1 for the time crisis type game also

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The good news on the Rugby front is that HB Studios the developers of Rugby 2008 have a game on the way for the 360/PS3 due for the world cup next year.

I want it now though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Strategy, but not just more boring RTS games. Something like XCom, with backroom managment and research and such. Or Valkyria Chronicles, such a great gamestyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I want Timesplitters, a new game or even the older ones. So much fun lost many hours to them on the PS2!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

More JRPGs.

A nice 2D big budget game. Just seeing what Vanillaware did on the PS2 makes me long to see what they can pull off 2D-wise on a modern machine.

Also I don't care what console it's on or the PC but some space flight sims or mech sims are badly needed. Haven't played a good one since the X-wing and Mechwarrior games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'm just looking forward to the new Mech Warrior game.

Lone Wolf was possibly my favorite Xbox game.
    The online was incredible for it's time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm just looking forward to the new Mech Warrior game.

Lone Wolf was possibly my favorite Xbox game.
    The online was incredible for it's time.

Not those Xbox games that were dumbed down, I want the full PC game simulation! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Killer Instinct! For the love of God, bring back Killer Instinct!
    Probably not the kinda answer you were looking for, but I though I'd throw it out there anyways :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

3D platformers.

Someone should just make a Mario Galaxy clone but in glorious hd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Future Cop - Old pc game. If you haven't, play it. It would be great on the 360.

Something similar to LoTR: The Third Age that is not Japanese. Such a fantastic game.

+1 on the X-Com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CORaven wrote: »
    Future Cop - Old pc game. If you haven't, play it. It would be great on the 360.

Future Cop LAPD, that came out on the PS1. An insult spin off on what used to be the Strike series.

Games I'd love to see done are. Ace Combat back to its Ace Combat 5 and Zero days. Not the muck that was 6 and the new on rails shooting version coming outlooks terrible.

G-Police.
    Colony Wars.
    Free Space 1/2 reboot
    Rainbow Six like what it was when Rogue Spear and Raven Shield were around.
    Ghost Recon back when the first game was ported to the Xbox 1.

I'd like all of the above like when they were back then and not dumbed down with linear design and handholding that consists of most games these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Shadow of the colossus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭seriouslywhat

rizzla wrote: »
    3D platformers.

yeah Mario in 3D and HD will be epic in fairness. It looks damn good as it is.

So yeah they should make a clone of it.

Weird how the 3D platformer just died a death even know the likes of Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie 64 were huge when they came out.

The new Banjo game was crap.

Future Cop LAPD, that came out on the PS1. An insult spin off on what used to be the Strike series.
    Rubbish. Future Cop LAPD was and still is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Actually, the bloody Strike series itself. game was great, the decision to save the ammo pickup or take it now, the desperate search for fuel as the "Low Fuel" message beeps in your ear.

Imagine a modern remake would be great.

+1 to G-Police and Colony Wars, a lot of Psygnosis' catalogue was stellar but after Sony bought them they semed to forget they inherited amazing licences and make s**t all now.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rubbish. Future Cop LAPD was and still is fantastic.

It was a good game alright, just so let down in expecting another Strike game after Nuclear Strike, in the cutscene at the end they show the transforming walking robot and say here in the Future, dubbing it Future Strike. Then along came FC LAPD. Soviet Strike was my very first game on the PS and I loved it. It would be great to see these with HD textures on XBLA and PSN some day.
    Gunmonkey wrote: »
    a lot of Psygnosis' catalogue was stellar but after Sony bought them they semed to forget they inherited amazing licences and make s**t all now.

Yeah, forgot Sony bought them, they were a great development team for their time. Imagine if they were were still around with the console tech today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

rizzla wrote: »
    3D platformers.

The super great giana sisters galaxy you say.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

A survival horror like RE. RE5 was not a survival horror, and six days in fallujah is never coming out.

cypharius wrote: »
    A survival horror like RE. RE5 was not a survival horror, and six days in fallujah is never coming out.

For survival horror you have Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill is getting a re-boot and then you have Dead Space 1/2, and Dead Rising 1/2, and Alan Wake kind of.

Survival Horror RE games ended with Code Veronica, it third person shooting zombie action since 4, not even zombies really anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Would like to see The Warriors on Xbox and not just the arcade game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

For survival horror you have Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill is getting a re-boot and then you have Dead Space 1/2, and Dead Rising 1/2, and Alan Wake kind of.

Survival Horror RE games ended with Code Veronica, it third person shooting zombie action since 4, not even zombies really anymore.

But those are all terrible games.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 milkybar kid wk

i would love to see GTA dublin city ha now that would be class alone with the dublin feuds and loads more use your own imagination

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

More JRPGs.
    Also I don't care what console it's on or the PC but some space flight sims or mech sims are badly needed. Haven't played a good one since the X-wing and Mechwarrior games.

Might be of interest

http://kotaku.com/5664795/atari-confirms-the-return-of-star-raiders

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ga2k10

god of war and the warriors would be awsome

cypharius wrote: »
    But those are all terrible games.

Subjective really. I'd put Dead Space, Dead Rising 1/2 and Alan Wake in my top 10 360 games.

Alone in the Dark was alot better after that major title update patch for it. Really fixed alot of the issues with it and control options.

This big time. The Playstation had MechWarrior 2, G-Police 1/2 and Colony Wars 1 and 2.

The Xbox had Steel Battalion, a sequel is in the works but instead of that cool joystick and pedal setup it's going to feature Kinect support. I'd know which I'd rather.

The MechAssault games, while good fun were not a patch on the MechWarrior games.

Chrome Hounds didn't really do it for me. I like my Mech games first person with a cockpit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

G-Police

There's a game I haven't heard of in many years. Played the hell out of the demo, and then asked the parents to get me it for my birthday one year. Unfortunately, they got their facts mixed up, and I wound up with Crime Killer instead :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I spent my early teens, back in the late 80's, completely hooked on a game called Apache Gunship on the Atari ST. I recently finished Medal of Honor and the apache level in that reminded me of that older game. Would seriously love to play a next gen version of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Super Mario!!

Advertisement