Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel insurance while pregnant

Options
  • 13-10-2010 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi There,
    I'm a regular poster who is pregnant but not ready to go public yet. I've quite a bit of travelling to do in December/January including a couple of trips to North America. I've always gone with one of the annual insurance policies but after having a quick look, I can't see how well they will cover the bump? I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a policy that definitely does cover both me and bump.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Before 28 weeks you should be fine but read the terms and conditions 1st.
    There was an interesting case last year involving pregnancy not being a predetermined illness for travel insurance purposes but haven't got the link handy.
    I have mine with vhi so that I am claiming from the same people for everything in the event of a holiday incident they were also very competitive on price.
    I have used Ace in the past and found them good too.

Advertisement