Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 11 rankings, do they mean anything?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

well do they i mean i can play a level 20 and compete well and get beaten badly by a level 2 wit 340 skill points does anyone care and do people keep track?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

All depends - All Level 20 player could have played over 100 games online by now and be crap or a points booster!!

Whereas a lower level player may have not played as many games but be a better player. It usually takes some time for everyones level of standard to be set in stone!

Last year on Fifa 10 I got up to around 5000 points and kept see sawing in around that figure then for ages as I was playing guys to a very similar standard to myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

yeah i knew that i floated around the 3000 mark in fifa 10 but im asking what boardsies think of the ranking system does it work is it fair and do they care where or even if they are ranked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

World leaderboard rankings dont mean anything at the moment due to flag glitching. If you have a look at country rankings though they tend to give a much more accurate reading.

An important thing to look for though is the "average opponent level". At the moment the guy thats number one on the xbox irish leaderboards has an avg of something like 8. For his level it should be much much higher so that just basically means he "lobby lurks" where he sits in lobbies and plays against people with a much lower skill level than himself rather than go to quick head to head matches.

Youll always get people that are handy at the game lower down but from my own experience the higher ranked you are yourself, the games online become much much harder. But also alot more boring and youll encounter people who have mastered exploits such as the manual chip in Fifa 10 or that wierd cross shot goal thing they did last year.

ah yeah i know what you mean sure last year the flag glitch ruined the rankings with ppl earning 100000 points, stupid really. that manual chip was used by many people including some members of boards. but in general you think we shud only read into the country rankings. its still nice to look at the others when u are in the top 5k and think ur doin pretty good. in the meantime look at my goals i just scored
    http://www.ea.com/intl/football/profile/media/play/video/42139758

and the second to win the game in the 90th minute
    http://www.ea.com/intl/football/profile/media/play/video/42139614

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

What is the flag glitch??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

What is the flag glitch??

Its fixed now - but there was a flaw in FIFA 10 and first week of FIFA 11 whereby players using certain flags (country) could get up to 200 points for a win!!

Thats why there was a reset last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

They mean pretty much nothing to me, for the following reasons.
    • Boosters with multiple accounts
    • Flag glitchers
    • People with a low average opponent level (picking off lowly skilled plays with high loss ratios in lobbies). See the guy who was #1 in the U.S ranking last year.
    • Theres also ANOTHER new exploit (Source: Rutter's twitter page).
    • Unstable servers causing disconnections all over the place (I lost 3 connection to the EA servers 3 times in 3 games on Friday) while I was winning
    • People who are highly ranked, purely based on how many games they've played alone, rather than a highly skilled player who has played a lot of games less (relatively).

rooney i think you have pretty much got it in one there, well said, oh and im way to lazy to start using twitter, im just against it so wud u be so kind and tell me what ritters twitter said? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Rooney10 wrote: »
    They mean pretty much nothing to me, for the following reasons.
    • Boosters with multiple accounts
    • Flag glitchers
    • People with a low average opponent level (picking off lowly skilled plays with high loss ratios in lobbies). See the guy who was #1 in the U.S ranking last year.
    • Theres also ANOTHER new exploit (Source: Rutter's twitter page).
    • Unstable servers causing disconnections all over the place (I lost 3 connection to the EA servers 3 times in 3 games on Friday) while I was winning
    • People who are highly ranked, purely based on how many games they've played alone, rather than a highly skilled player who has played a lot of games less (relatively).

I once thought the same myself but the truth is as long as you play normally and dont lobby lurk there is a world of difference in the standard you play once you meet higher ranked opponents.

Those who arent good enough to progress will usually get stuck around 5000-6000 points mark. As the higher amount of points you get the less you get for a win and the more you loose for a loss.

So if you see a guy with 6500+ points and a very high average opponent level. Hes a damn good player.

I think were done here, well said lads. Neddless o say here will always be the element of cheater, lobby lurkers and those who prey on the unskilled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Yes people care...

However, they mean nothing.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

the servers are mad got kicked off 6 games so far. rankings mean nuthing when richie mcgee plays noobs and thinks hes good.same in fifa 10 only bout 5 players in top 100 were good.defending is soooooo easy in h2h aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lynxforest

Hey guys, I read this post and figured this might be interesting to you. It only works for PS3 users, but let me know what you think of it.

http://fifastatsmonkey.appspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

DC in Fifa 11 is crazy. My DNF was up to 40% from 2% in Fifa 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

They're gonna reset the servers for clubs and ranked games again.

how do u know and why?

im no1 nowwwwwww.this game is growing on me even thought bad players still get lucky headers from nowhere.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

storybud22 wrote: »
    im no1 nowwwwwww.this game is growing on me even thought bad players still get lucky headers from nowhere.:)

do not trust this man!!!! LOBBY LURKER :D

not even no1 in his house...........................

lol aol is 19.5. need to get live season tho as every lad seems to have it.you on 2nite cashelHULK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I got good news and bad news for ya bud.
    UPDATE Oct 25
    - Getting closer to the point where we can submit the patch to our first party partners;
    - We will communicate on content and release date shortly - first we need to make sure Microsoft and Sony are happy with what's in the patch;
    - Of note, I am looking at the leaderboards and, well, some of the top ranked players should expect something to happen to their accounts ASAP... something not nice at all.

So good news that it sounds like all the flag glitchers will get a ban and bad news for bud as this most likely means they will be resetting the leaderboards again.

• Advertisement

have they been reset again
    i havent been on wit my connection acting up
    but i went to look at fut11 and all my stats have been wiped
    and no videos wer available. load of poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I must say that the online country rankings are a great indicator of a good player.

/not just saying that as I'm ranked number two in Ireland on PC ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Lads how many rank points does level 27 equate to on FIFA 10? That's where I was on the ps3 for the majority of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Surely they're not going to reset the leaderboards again? :eek:

I've played well over 120 games at this stage, am ranked around 50th in Ireland and just really can't be bothered having to do all that again.

If they reset the leaderboards again I'm done with online FIFA and will move onto playing the new Call of Duty the majority of the time.

Advertisement