Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in University Area - Safe?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to be staying in Belfast in a few weeks and I was wondering about parking. I'll be staying at Dukes at Queens in the University area and apparently there is only on street parking available. Is it safe enough to park around there? Also, I have a ROI (Dublin) reg car if that makes a difference. I'm thinking the train might be a safer bet if not.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭I dont know

Your reg will make no difference.
    It can be difficult enough to get parked around there with so many people living, working and studying in the area.
    Dukes is on the edge of the student area and you’ll have a lot of students passing by at night time.

There are plenty of maggots around the holyland obsessed with kicking off wing mirrors, so there is a risk of damage to your car.
    I lived there for 4 years and never had mine touched, yet my housemates seemed to be constantly replacing wing mirros/windows etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

There are plenty of maggots around the holyland obsessed with kicking off wing mirrors, so there is a risk of damage to your car.
    I lived there for 4 years and never had mine touched, yet my housemates seemed to be constantly replacing wing mirros/windows etc

Great, thanks for the reply. I think I'll get the train so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Since my last post I've actually been looking up secure car parking in the city. It works out cheaper than train fare. There's one on Dublin Road that looks good. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks for any help!

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/secure/belfast/parking/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

cosmic wrote: »
    Since my last post I've actually been looking up secure car parking in the city. It works out cheaper than train fare. There's one on Dublin Road that looks good. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks for any help!

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/secure/belfast/parking/

My mum parked there for a weekend when I first moved up to Belfast. It was safe (we had a car full of boxes, furniture etc) but just be sure to check the opening hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 babs78

It's hit and miss. As another poster stated, you car could be fine or you could end up with your wing mirrors kicked off or worse. Have only ever left my car overnight there occasionaly and it was fine each time.

It is hard enough to get parked round there though so I'd take the train to be on the safe side if I were you. Its a central enough hotel so unless you were planning on travelling further afield you won't really need to use the car anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement