Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Restaurant

Options
  • 13-10-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend a nice, reasonable Italian restaurant close to Merrion Sq please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Dunne and Crescenzi on South Frederick Street is lovely

http://www.dunneandcrescenzi.com/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there is one call di bella just off holles street.

it was nice 2 years ago but there is now a company wide boycott on it. we asked to move two tables together one lunchtime and were "we dont need your business, look how busy we are" what she didnt know was 85% of the people there were from my company :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Isola Mia next to the post office on Erne Street is pretty nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

irishbird wrote: »

it was nice 2 years ago but there is now a company wide boycott on it. we asked to move two tables together one lunchtime and were "we dont need your business, look how busy we are" what she didnt know was 85% of the people there were from my company :D

is that the one beside the pub & shop? always looks empty when im going by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Thanks for the suggestions :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

Theres one that i absolutely love is Il Baccaro by meeting house square in temple bar, i know its not around where you were asking but it is really cute/nice and so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

cosmic wrote: »
    Dunne and Crescenzi on South Frederick Street is lovely

http://www.dunneandcrescenzi.com/

This is by far the best Italian restraunt in Dublin fairly reasonable for the quality of food too.

They have another one in mount merrion/sandymount

irishbird wrote: »

Am I allowed to call your co-workers a bunch of retards?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

ntlbell wrote: »
    This is by far the best Italian restraunt in Dublin fairly reasonable for the quality of food too.

They have another one in mount merrion/sandymount

I used to agree but the last time I was there about 4 or 5 weeks ago, it was awful. Service was terrible and the food was not up to its usual high standards.
    I didn't recognise any of the staff so maybe most of the regular staff were on holidays, but prior to this it was one of the best Italians in Dublin

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

neris wrote: »
    is that the one beside the pub & shop? always looks empty when im going by.

yes thats the one

• Advertisement

Jumbo156 wrote: »
    I used to agree but the last time I was there about 4 or 5 weeks ago, it was awful. Service was terrible and the food was not up to its usual high standards.
    I didn't recognise any of the staff so maybe most of the regular staff were on holidays, but prior to this it was one of the best Italians in Dublin

I go to it a lot and haver never had anything but excellent food and fantastic welcoming service.

I was there only two weeks ago and it was excellent as usual.

Maybe there was a funeral on when you went :pac:

Advertisement